Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 AM

687 posts, read 745,486 times

Advertisements

I think the transformation of Atlantic Station deserves it's own thread, I understand it had problems in the past but credit where credit is due....this is now a thriving district that is 100% heading in the right direction.

If you was in attendance on Saturday at the Christmas Lights turn on and the following giant fireworks display you couldn't fail to be impressed with the way the centers owners are putting their money where their mouths are into making this an area the city can actually be proud of.

The whole area was buzzing from early afternoon to late night, shops were busy, restaurants were packed and the overriding atmosphere was one of a completely friendly mixed crowd.

Well done AS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,791 times
Weekend photos: Winter Wonderland, tree lighting and more | www.ajc.com

Old 11-25-2013, 08:07 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,791 times
I saw the firework show on 85 south heading toward downtown in my car.Judging by the traffic AS was packed. The firework show was great.

I wonder what they are going to replace Ten Pin Alley with?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:52 AM

23,470 posts, read 44,121,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
I think the transformation of Atlantic Station deserves it's own thread, I understand it had problems in the past but credit where credit is due....this is now a thriving district that is 100% heading in the right direction.

If you was in attendance on Saturday at the Christmas Lights turn on and the following giant fireworks display you couldn't fail to be impressed with the way the centers owners are putting their money where their mouths are into making this an area the city can actually be proud of.

The whole area was buzzing from early afternoon to late night, shops were busy, restaurants were packed and the overriding atmosphere was one of a completely friendly mixed crowd.

Well done AS!
I agree that the new management company has done a stellar turnaround job.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:11 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,242,434 times
Tried to go see a movie Friday night.... nope.

I believe the ENTIRE parking deck was full. Maybe not at the very very back, but I had never seen it like that. Parked under Target instead.

Atlantic Station has done a great job recently. Even though it seems like they deal with tons of people, with a large contingent of idiots, I have had nothing but a nice experience everytime.

Looking forward to those bare spots, especially on the south side of 17th, to fill out with new buildings.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:31 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,832,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post

I believe the ENTIRE parking deck was full. Maybe not at the very very back, but I had never seen it like that. Parked under Target instead.

Atlantic Station has done a great job recently. Even though it seems like they deal with tons of people, with a large contingent of idiots, I have had nothing but a nice experience everytime.

Looking forward to those bare spots, especially on the south side of 17th, to fill out with new buildings.
With the new Hunger Games flick opening Friday, that seems plausible.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
With the new Hunger Games flick opening Friday, that seems plausible.
That's what I tried to see... sold out for 3-4 hours in advance. Went last night, much better!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:56 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,066,118 times
I've always liked Atlantic Station and never had a problem there even when everybody else was complaining about it.

I really would have considered buying a townhouse there if they had built decent ones instead of those lame-o things they built in a couple of strips down there in a ditch with a view of underground parking lots.

Aside from that, I've always liked the look and feel of Atlantic Station.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:28 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,162,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post

You know they have a free shuttle from Arts Center station, right?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
You know they have a free shuttle from Arts Center station, right?
Yeah, but I wanted to get there in 15 mins

Choice rider...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta