Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 04:44 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,339,487 times

Advertisements

In regards to that video, all I can say is -- holy crap.

"You get into this looooong tube filled with demons!"

Yeah, that's him talking about flying with an airline. So yeah, they need their 50 million dollar private plane so they can "talk to God."

Because he can't talk to God on an airline flight because too many people come up to him and ask him to pray for them.

*sigh*

Well, I suppose it's just par for the course. I've pretty much given up on the American people. I have about as much faith in them as I do in God.

The fact that people actually believe this batcrap crazy stupidity -- it's no wonder we have the government we currently have. People here will believe anything.

It's also no wonder why every foreign scam operation beelines to America because they know that so many gullible idiots live here.

Only in America do these televangelist thieves prosper. Anywhere else and they'd be drummed out of the country -- if not arrested and charged with fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 05:44 AM

50,105 posts, read 20,862,013 times
Ah gotta dreeam.... that people who have had it up to here with religious gobble and particularly with the prominent frauds and scammers will emerge to shock the stats compilers with how many of them there are. There will be a sea change in politics and law and the bullet proof green houses of the religious will be taken away.

Procedures will be investigated, computer histories scrutinized, finances investigated. And there will be such a procession of charges, confiscations, closures and jail sentences that it will make the Nurenburg trials look an online 'Star wars or star trek?' debate.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:07 PM

301 posts, read 297,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Hey bro! Read my post that you quoted again...I'm on your side.
Sorry, Apologize if it seemed directed at you. Your quote was just the perfect lead in.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:16 PM

810 posts, read 670,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
This just boggles my mind how such a large percentage of the population goes to church to worship a God that doesn't exist and shows absolutely no signs of existing. Its just so primitive. Realistically it seems like once humans became smart enough to build things, have reasoning skills, write, speak, create civilizations, we would have reached the level of intelligence to realize there is no God. I just don't get it.
Do you all believe that the alpha and omega of everything in the universe is subject to human reasoning?

Old 07-04-2017, 05:26 PM

34,260 posts, read 20,589,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
What's sad is how you (and other non-believers) think that the alpha and omega of everything in the universe is subject to the reasoning of the human brain. Good luck with your theories.
I have never thought that and it is absurd to lump everyone in together because they choose not to live their lives according to your beliefs.

"The reasoning of the human brain"? LOL Most learned people soon realize that the more they study, the more evident it becomes just how little we humans really do know.

"Good luck with your theories" is a nice touch too, subtle put down to show how superior you are to the rest of us mere mortals and "non-believers".

Old 07-04-2017, 05:34 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,563,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
This just boggles my mind how such a large percentage of the population goes to church to worship a God that doesn't exist and shows absolutely no signs of existing. Its just so primitive. Realistically it seems like once humans became smart enough to build things, have reasoning skills, write, speak, create civilizations, we would have reached the level of intelligence to realize there is no God. I just don't get it.
Once you realize the complexity of biological life you may come to think all these variations are not really responsive to evolutionary challenges and they are not random. There has to be something more behind the way plants, animals, and people operate that is not just statistics.
From there it is easy to imagine a design by an entity with oversight in some way we can only imagine.
With a couple of million years to work on it, they might be aliens and we have learned to call them God. Apparently they are neutral on our survival.
"Except for Loki, who is a real bastard"

Old 07-05-2017, 01:37 PM

12,686 posts, read 3,003,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77 View Post
This might be the funniest thing I've read on this board. Thanks.

You did know that Christian organizations provide more humanitarian aide than any other type of organization. Didn't you?
Excellent responses to this already, but since it was in reply to my post, I'll just add that if you think the few drops of "humanitarian aide" by xtian organizations somehow make up for the oceans of injustice, violence and harm caused by xtianity you are kidding yourself. The areas most likely to need aide are areas heavily damaged by xtian colonials and slave traders. Consider that the man who wrote the song Amazing Grace ran slave ships. Likewise whatever good he did in life is overshadowed by the bad he did.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:49 PM

20,181 posts, read 13,613,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
The answer is ... no.
If "all atheists needed help", believers would see it as a heaven-sent judgment and just let it play out.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:51 AM

50,105 posts, read 20,862,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
Do you all believe that the alpha and omega of everything in the universe is subject to human reasoning?
I believe that the alpha and Omega of the universe is an unknown, and if human reasoning with the methodology and gadgets of science, can't find something out, the Faith -based guesswork of Theist speculative claims won't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I have never thought that and it is absurd to lump everyone in together because they choose not to live their lives according to your beliefs.

"The reasoning of the human brain"? LOL Most learned people soon realize that the more they study, the more evident it becomes just how little we humans really do know.

"Good luck with your theories" is a nice touch too, subtle put down to show how superior you are to the rest of us mere mortals and "non-believers".
Exactly. Fron Newton onwards, science has had good reason to be pleased by what it can verify and know, but is increasingly aware of the huge amount it knows it doesn't know.

But if we left it to religion, Science would still have us believe that we lived on a flat earth with a transparent dome over it and of course wouldn't know that a whale wasn't a fish. About the only branch of technology that would progress would be arms manufacture.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:45 PM

18,531 posts, read 9,222,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
But if we left it to religion, Science would still have us believe that we lived on a flat earth with a transparent dome over it and of course wouldn't know that a whale wasn't a fish. About the only branch of technology that would progress would be arms manufacture.
Sounds like the situation in the USA since the rise of the Religious Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism