Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 04:13 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,076 times

Advertisements

Woke up this A.M. to a nice wet "outside". . . .looks like we got somewhere between 1/2 - 1/4 inch.. . .better than nothing (near Bell Road and 16th street).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Oh wow! Well this dang thing sounded like a shotgun going off at our front door. Our house for some reason is a lightning rod. Its been struck twice before.
I forgot to mention the real scary part, it hit a neighbors tree right next to his reloading cabin and jumped over the cabin to their boiler heat system. Had it jumped or hit the reloading cabin in any way there would have been a boom and cloud like nobody's business since there was about 30,000 rounds of ammo and several kegs of powder in it at the time.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:59 AM

932 posts, read 1,963,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I forgot to mention the real scary part, it hit a neighbors tree right next to his reloading cabin and jumped over the cabin to their boiler heat system. Had it jumped or hit the reloading cabin in any way there would have been a boom and cloud like nobody's business since there was about 30,000 rounds of ammo and several kegs of powder in it at the time.
Oh wow, that make the nightn go out with a bang.

Huge storm last night. Tons of lightning and a bit a of rain. Lasted till very late.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,904,696 times
Quote:
Oh wow, that make the nightn go out with a bang.

Huge storm last night. Tons of lightning and a bit a of rain. Lasted till very late.
We didn't have a "huge storm" up here in Cottonwood but we DID have about 15-20 minutes of "good" rain. Way more thunder and lightning than I would've thought for so little rain! The mountain is getting the most of it and the surrounding country is really green and nice. As of now we are surrounded by big clouds piling up so I hope they move in on us and give us some more rain.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 PM

641 posts, read 2,366,324 times
Default Nonsoon for parts of pinal county

This has to be the worse monsoon season in terms of there is not one here. Hence "NONSOON season"

While i see they are getting some rain in the valley, we have had nothing but dust all year . The first storm of the year we saw about 3 min of rain.
That has been it all year.

Here in Arizona city, we can see the storms going down the 10 and missing us. It is so depressing to see others get rain while we are choked with nothing but dust and humidity.... The clouds will come our way, and as soon as they hit our border they disappear . all of us living here joke we live under a dome and the clouds hit the dome and go around us. One day It looked that way. A circle of blue sky around the town , while casa grande, and even Eloy three miles away was getting rained on, our town was left out and you could see the circle of clouds that would not enter the town.

In all my years I have never see a season where there is NO rain.

Just venting I guess!! The only good thing is no mosquitos. I sure do look forward to the rains this time of year, so it is disappointing .

Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
This has to be the worse monsoon season in terms of there is not one here. Hence "NONSOON season"

While i see they are getting some rain in the valley, we have had nothing but dust all year . The first storm of the year we saw about 3 min of rain.
That has been it all year.

Here in Arizona city, we can see the storms going down the 10 and missing us. It is so depressing to see others get rain while we are choked with nothing but dust and humidity.... The clouds will come our way, and as soon as they hit our border they disappear . all of us living here joke we live under a dome and the clouds hit the dome and go around us. One day It looked that way. A circle of blue sky around the town , while casa grande, and even Eloy three miles away was getting rained on, our town was left out and you could see the circle of clouds that would not enter the town.

In all my years I have never see a season where there is NO rain.

Just venting I guess!! The only good thing is no mosquitos. I sure do look forward to the rains this time of year, so it is disappointing .
We had rain with the storms the beginning of July, but none since, last night we were literally in the center I think of the two merging, and watched the lightening again to the north....

Old 08-05-2011, 11:01 AM

Default What a storm!!!

Boy, did we get it yesterday! Started about 2 PM and went on and on and on till around 8 PM. It would blow and rain for about 20 minutes, slow down...nearly stop!...and then hit again. My mom's house even had some flooding. My wet/dry vac came in real handy! Luckily for me my mom keeps an eye on my house and made sure all the windows were closed so no 'flooding' here. I bet my cats spent most of the day under my bed. LOL

We've been pretty lucky to get 'some' rain nearly every day but yesterday took the cake! We'll see what happens today.... I guess I really should stop leaving my umbrella in the car at work???

Old 08-06-2011, 08:15 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
The weather service has a special weather statement out for a dust storm that is supposed to happen tomorrow. Things are bad when they call for a dust storm a day in advance.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 AM

932 posts, read 1,963,317 times
A decent storm currently going on in East Mesa. Lots of lightning and thunder and a good downpour.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:54 AM

Default Verde Valley possibilities???

Quote:
A decent storm currently going on in East Mesa. Lots of lightning and thunder and a good downpour.
Looks like the Verde Valley MIGHT get some rain today. Weatherman says 30% chance and it's cloudy enough. Guess we'll find out! I just watered the yard and garden really well yesterday so it wouldn't surprise me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona