Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 PM

932 posts, read 1,964,134 times

Advertisements

When ever a monsoon storm hits your place anywhere in AZ post it here and describe the effects of it. Once the season's over I want to see how good our monsoon season was this year throughout the entire state. Right now there's thunder and lighting and very cloudy here in Mesa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 06:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Okey dokey, hitting in Waddell area now at 5pm, winds around 40 mph, heavy rain but no light or sound show (yet). Did I say high winds?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,859,035 times
We had good rain last night ...Today it was thundering and lightning and got dark...little rain, not much wind...think it move up to Phoenix area....
debatable now, but still dark and sprinkles off and on

Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM

211 posts, read 641,356 times
Define "monsoon storm" please?

This afternoon around 3pm just south of Skyharbor, we got moderate gusting winds and a steady downpour for the better part of an hour. Preparing to leave the office at 1800hrs, it is still dark and grey, water drops on the windows, but rain appears to stop.

I ask for the definition because I'm interested in this as well (maybe it's not as bad as it seems, ya know), and feel we might all benefit from a greater degree of consistency. Aside from this afternoon here by Skyharbor (I can see the tower from the parking lot), all I've seen at home in Glendale for months is lighting in the east valley, humidity, and rain-scented wind.

Here's to more rain!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1665 View Post
Define "monsoon storm" please?

This afternoon around 3pm just south of Skyharbor, we got moderate gusting winds and a steady downpour for the better part of an hour. Preparing to leave the office at 1800hrs, it is still dark and grey, water drops on the windows, but rain appears to stop.

I ask for the definition because I'm interested in this as well (maybe it's not as bad as it seems, ya know), and feel we might all benefit from a greater degree of consistency. Aside from this afternoon here by Skyharbor (I can see the tower from the parking lot), all I've seen at home in Glendale for months is lighting in the east valley, humidity, and rain-scented wind.

Here's to more rain!
Yeah well isn't it raining in Glendale right now? Since this monsoon storm actually pushed through the whole valley and not like the one on Tuesday and Wendsday that only hit the East Valley.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
When ever a monsoon storm hits your place anywhere in AZ post it here and describe the effects of it. Once the season's over I want to see how good our monsoon season was this year throughout the entire state. Right now there's thunder and lighting and very cloudy here in Mesa.
No real rain in the Verde Valley the past two days. LOTS of big black clouds and, maybe a some light to medium sprinkles. Thunder in the distance so rain, somewhere. I guess Mingus Mountain got a lot yesterday but it's a lot higher than we are. From work I can see when it's storming in Camp Verde and Sedona and they have been getting more than us. Although Tues. we DID have a big storm and rain all evening and night.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 AM

382 posts, read 1,356,205 times
Lots of rain in Surprise. Last night (slept through it) and the one that passed through from Phoenix today. Had some hail, fat drops of rain, then heavy rain this evening. Even a good strong circular motion in a part of the clouds, reminded me of tornado weather. Now it's 80 degrees with 86% or so humidity

Old 07-30-2010, 02:17 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,888,060 times
Rains just about everyday and extremely cloudy, muggy weather in the last week. Here in Prescott/Prescott Valley, Az.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM

177 posts, read 432,310 times
Last Night we had the craziest storm in Peoria. In about 20 minutes, we got 1 1/2 inches of rain. Wind guste up to 60 mph and marble sized hail fell for about 5 minutes. The sheets of rain were amazing! I have never seen a storm here of this intensity! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Rain here in Mesa this morning. It canceled my plan to go on a 4 mile jog, I wouldn't want to jog in the rain humidety. I guess nature and I had a mutal agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona