Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,788,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiewalk View Post
This city is going down crapper. Over 30 murders within 4 months? Absolutely horrific.
Over 30 murders within 4 months in the city of Albuquerque, NM? I would like to know where you got those statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 05:49 PM

508 posts, read 1,087,414 times
aggiewalk, you can't just waltz over here and make up stats. There have not been 30 murders in ABQ this year - the only stats I could find suggest there have been 7 (and this data isn't all that clear on ABQ Journal and crimemapping, but it appears to be between 5 and 10) - which would be a significant crime drop.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burquebinder View Post
aggiewalk, you can't just waltz over here and make up stats. There have not been 30 murders in ABQ this year - the only stats I could find suggest there have been 7 (and this data isn't all that clear on ABQ Journal and crimemapping, but it appears to be between 5 and 10) - which would be a significant crime drop.

the homicide count is actually around 25 right now which is probably way above average for this time, I dont have any links but I've kinda been keeping track, if you dont believe me you can call APD and find out, you will probably get the same numbers I posted.

Last edited by desert sun; 04-26-2010 at 08:10 PM..

Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,919,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
the homicide count is actually around 25 right now which is probably way above average for this time
According to this City of Albq web site, the YTD murders number 5, down from 10 at this time last year.

You may be quoting numbers for the metro area, which includes three counties.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 AM

995 posts, read 2,728,910 times
With the exception of the two women who lost their lives due to a head on collision with a bank robber; most of the homicides this year have either been drug related or alcohol related. Furthermore the majority of these victims knew the killer. I’m not trying to rationalize these killings, but it’s not like these killings are happening to random people out of the clear blue sky.

Last edited by thelazyone; 04-27-2010 at 08:28 AM..

Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,221,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
With the exception of the two women who lost their lives due to a head on collision with a bank robber; most of the homicides this year have either been drug related or alcohol related. Furthermore the majority of these victims knew the killer. I’m not trying to rationalize these killings, but it’s not these killings are happening to random people out of the clear of blue skies.
Bingo.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,788,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiewalk View Post
This city is going down crapper. Over 30 murders within 4 months? Absolutely horrific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burquebinder View Post
the only stats I could find suggest there have been 7 (and this data isn't all that clear on ABQ Journal and crimemapping, but it appears to be between 5 and 10) - which would be a significant crime drop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
the homicide count is actually around 25 right now which is probably way above average for this time, I dont have any links but I've kinda been keeping track, if you dont believe me you can call APD and find out, you will probably get the same numbers I posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
According to this City of Albq web site, the YTD murders number 5, down from 10 at this time last year.

By my count, nine possible murder victims in the city of Albuquerque, NM for 2010, as of April 27, 2010:
Carlos Mendiola
Cedric Boykins
Elizabeth Brito
Hector Torres
Janice Flores *
Joel Leyba
Kimberly Aragon-Nunez *
Stefania Gray
Tevion King
* (possible murder victim, suspect may be charged with felony murder in vehicle crash)

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-27-2010 at 12:25 PM..

Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post

no im not thinking of metro, some of the murders are BCSO but they happened in the South Valley and North Valley which is still ABQ pretty much, its not like its in some other surrounding towns in the metro. Kob 4 did a report on the murders a couple months ago cause we had a high count already, just check with APD, you will get the answer, I checked online too for a link but I cant find anything worthy.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,451,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
By my count, nine possible murder victims in the city of Albuquerque, NM for 2010, as of April 27, 2010:
Carlos Mendiola
Cedric Boykins
Elizabeth Brito
Hector Torres
Janice Flores *
Joel Leyba
Kimberly Aragon-Nunez *
Stefania Gray
Tevion King
* (possible murder victim, suspect may be charged with felony murder in vehicle crash)

Rich
Add to that list

David and Connie Maldonado

Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 PM

508 posts, read 1,087,414 times
So, from all of our figures - the number is still between 7-9 for ABQ, which is far from the random anecdotal stats posted by aggiewalk and desertsun.

Quote:
no im not thinking of metro, some of the murders are BCSO but they happened in the South Valley and North Valley which is still ABQ pretty much, its not like its in some other surrounding towns in the metro. Kob 4 did a report on the murders a couple months ago cause we had a high count already, just check with APD, you will get the answer, I checked online too for a link but I cant find anything worthy.
^I could not find any reports for the north valley and only 1 case in the south valley this year (from searching news sites). Unless you can find a link desertsun....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque