Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burquebinder View Post
Desertsun, if ABQ APD is "reporting" the number of murders, then they would be publicly accessible through a simple link. I'd like to see it as well.

AFAIK, Poncho's list is correct - there have been no other reported murders in the city this year.

KOB 4 is reporting that APD lists the homicide count at 17 currently, I have counted more(not the only one) but I have included the South Valley and North Valley which BCSO investigates and isnt included into the ABQ city limit total but is very much so in the city. I know I didnt dream of all the homicides I have seen reported on KOB 4 and Im sure they didnt make up homicides just to get some ratings.

Typical denial of crime, it dont suprise me though, this forum is notorious for that, like I said, call APD up if you dont believe me, I tried calling them earlier but no one seemed to know anything so I didnt find out anything untill I logged onto Kob 4's website. If you get onto APD's website they report 0 homicides for 2008 so I wouldnt go off of the cities webpage stats. So as far as I know the 17(should be more) is incorrect but it is what APD is reporting.

Strange circumstances surround Albuquerque murders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 PM

508 posts, read 1,087,414 times
Quote:
trust me, the murder count is around 25, call APD if you dont believe me
Quote:
Typical denial of crime, it dont suprise me though, this forum is notorious for that, like I said, call APD up if you dont believe me, I tried calling them earlier but no one seemed to know anything so I didnt find out anything untill I logged onto Kob 4's website. If you get onto APD's website they report 0 homicides for 2008 so I wouldnt go off of the cities webpage stats. So as far as I know the 17(should be more) is incorrect but it is what APD is reporting.
I'm glad you came up with a source for the 17 number, though I shouldn't have to point out how much this number has been revised from the original 30, then 25... - however on the KOB video they state that 17 is the number of cases being investigated as possible homicides. They have not all been classified as homicides, which is why we are coming up with different numbers. The video mentions 2 cases that are thought to be a result of a suicide pact but are technically being investigated as a homicide. They also mention that 65% of the cases have been solved.

Denial of crime? On city-data?!? Over-the-top crime paranoia is its gig.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:13 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
I f a guy dies of a heart attack while taking a walk in the bosque, it is treated as a homicide until the case is resolved.

Homicide investigations are not the same as homicides.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I f a guy dies of a heart attack while taking a walk in the bosque, it is treated as a homicide until the case is resolved.

Homicide investigations are not the same as homicides.

Im sure they must have some reason to investigate a heart attack as a homicide, must be something more to the story we arnt hearing, cops dont investigate every death as a homicide.

I guess we will just have to wait untill the end of year total comes out, but I bet you anything we come out with more murder this year than in the past few years.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 PM

995 posts, read 2,728,910 times
According to KOB there has been 17 homicides so far this year. KOB.com - Strange circumstances surround Albuquerque murders (http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1538910.shtml?cat=500 - broken link)

Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 PM

508 posts, read 1,087,414 times
^lazyone, read through the thread, this has been discussed. 17 is the number of cases being investigated as homicides, not the current count.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:28 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Im sure they must have some reason to investigate a heart attack as a homicide, must be something more to the story we arnt hearing, cops dont investigate every death as a homicide.
An APD spokesperson just said on the news the other night that unless there is some circumstance that obviates the possibility of murder (such as a witness to the heart attack, a single vehicle car crash, etc.) then all cases are treated as a possible homicide until the evidence proves otherwise.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
An APD spokesperson just said on the news the other night that unless there is some circumstance that obviates the possibility of murder (such as a witness to the heart attack, a single vehicle car crash, etc.) then all cases are treated as a possible homicide until the evidence proves otherwise.

so if we already know that he died from a heart attack, then why are they investigating as a homicide,they already know the cause of death,please explain.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 AM

11 posts, read 19,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineinFL View Post
After reading the most recent posts about the crime rate in ABQ and NM in general, I haven't been able to stop thinking about a few things:
  • I don't mean this to sound snarky, but will I need to be armed (concealed permit) when I get to NM?
  • Are most crimes violent (as in I will get shot, robbed and/or raped while filling my gas tank)?
  • Is it a life of permantly living in the "red zone" (ie prepared to take fire) or can one live "in the yellow" (cautious and observant)?
  • I hear daily news of the horrible violence in Juarez Mexico and have to wonder if it is drifting north?
I don't plan on hanging out in the known "sketchier" parts of town, but it sounds like a person just isn't safe anywhere, be it the NE Heights, East Mountains, or Rio Rancho. Usually, I'm not one to get paranoid about such things, but I am becoming more seriously worried about our upcoming move!
OP - if you're worried, live outside the City limits, in Placitas, parts of Rio Rancho, or even Santa Fe - if I ever moved back to ABQ, there's NO way I'd live in the City limits, and listen to drug dealers whistling all night long, while worrying about my bikes getting stolen

The NE heights or Westside aren't any safer than anywhere else. Criminals steal cars and set up their meth labs wherever they want to.

Do a background check on your Landlord and Employer before signing any contracts. There are many slumlords who rent to methheads. The methheads sell meth to the landlord.

Same thing over in Arizona. Very sorry to see that AZ and NM don't offer more Anti-Drug-Addiction services. Great states with great people, so the drug/crime problem is a real tragedy.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:23 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,451,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest934 View Post
Very sorry to see that AZ and NM don't offer more Anti-Drug-Addiction services.
They do.

Anti-drug addiction service #1 are the laws that make drugs illegal.

You could also argue that common sense is a great deterrent.

There are also programs in the schools that teach kids the dangers of many drugs.

There are also plenty of federal. state, and locally funded programs for substance abusers. ( See Behavioral Health - Family and Community Services - City of Albuquerque (http://www.cabq.gov/family/behavioralhealth.html - broken link) for the City of ABQ )

The bottom line though, is why is it the state's job to offer more programs for something entered into voluntarily?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque