Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,451,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest934 View Post
there's NO way I'd live in the City limits, and listen to drug dealers whistling all night long, while worrying about my bikes getting stolen

The NE heights or Westside aren't any safer than anywhere else. Criminals steal cars and set up their meth labs wherever they want to.
I have never heard the whistling of a drug dealer, what should I listen for? Are there particular tunes that are common in the dealer's song choices for whistling?

I live on the West Side and as I have stated before, the worst thing that's happened in our neigborhood was minor graffiti ( cleaned up by the city the same day ), loud dogs barking and a drunk girl ringing our doorbell at 2 am when her friends from another neighborhood abandoned her at some party around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,788,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
By my count, eleven possible murder victims in the city of Albuquerque, NM for 2010, as of April 27, 2010:
Carlos Mendiola
Cedric Boykins
Elizabeth Brito
Hector Torres
Janice Flores *
Joel Leyba
Kimberly Aragon-Nunez *
Stefania Gray
Tevion King
David Maldonado
Connie Maldonado
* (possible murder victim, suspect may be charged with felony murder in vehicle crash)
UPDATE May 9th, 2010: By my count, twelve possible murder victims in the city of Albuquerque, NM for 2010:
Deadly Shooting Under Investigation, Investigators Say Shooting Is Suspicious, May 8, 2010, The Albuquerque Police Department is investigating a deadly shooting about 8 p.m. Saturday at the Motel 6 on Coors and Iliff streets. Officers found a person dead.
Deadly Shooting Under Investigation - Albuquerque News Story - KOAT Albuquerque (http://www.koat.com/news/23497234/detail.html - broken link)

Old 05-12-2010, 12:48 PM

316 posts, read 666,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I f a guy dies of a heart attack while taking a walk in the bosque, it is treated as a homicide until the case is resolved.

Homicide investigations are not the same as homicides.
Suicides are also investigated as a crime until cause of death is confirmed.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 PM

316 posts, read 666,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I f a guy dies of a heart attack while taking a walk in the bosque, it is treated as a homicide until the case is resolved.
Homicide investigations are not the same as homicides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt518 View Post
Suicides are also investigated as a crime until cause of death is confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
so if we already know that he died from a heart attack, then why are they investigating as a homicide,they already know the cause of death,please explain.
It gives law enforcement the jurisdiction (legal authority) to investigate cause of death to ensure that no foul play was involved.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM

55 posts, read 132,956 times
Default Why there's no crime in 87122? Too good to be true.

A big portion of 87122 has zero crime in the past 3 month. Is it realistic? I can understand that there might be fewer crimes there, but zero seems to be unrealistic. Thieves would like to break into those houses than el-cheapo's although 87122 may have better security systems. However, I was wondering if the crimes were simply not reported. If so, why is it only in this area since it belongs to the same APD. I've heard in some other places the PD does not report crimes (at least not accurately), so the properties maintain better values. Any thought on this?

Here are a couple of the sites I used.
CrimeMapping.com - National Map
CrimeReports | The National Crime Map

Old 05-20-2010, 02:03 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,221,674 times
Many of the homes in that area (Northeast of Tramway) are $2 Million + compounds.

I could see there being a dry-spell of petty theft up there.

Cameras @ the gates must be doing their job.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM

658 posts, read 1,337,107 times
cameras and gates working? guess some should be sent a few hundred miles south and put to work down there...add a few hundred feet high and deep of razor wire and some land mines while they are at it.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,221,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
cameras and gates working? guess some should be sent a few hundred miles south and put to work down there...add a few hundred feet high and deep of razor wire and some land mines while they are at it.

Hard-knock-life getting you down in Placitas, trailtramp?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:40 AM

658 posts, read 1,337,107 times
life is good up here in the dry hills...the original post reminded me of all the crime and drug issues down at the border that slowly seem to be headed into Abq and beyond........

Old 05-22-2010, 01:00 PM

51 posts, read 115,710 times
I just gave the maps a try. The first one has it all wrong. The second one said there were zero crimes for my zip from 4/1 through today. Sounds like the maps aren't working properly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque