Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 PM

18 posts, read 44,620 times

Advertisements

yeah you are right. it was 121/122. i'm probably thinking of the "it feels like" temperature. all i know is it was hot enough to soften the crack sealant on the pavement and my shoe got stuck in the middle of an intersection. lol it was stupid hot. it was the same year that "The all time highest low temperature ever recorded in Phoenix was 96 °F (36 °C), which occurred on July 15, 2003" i sweat even thinking of it.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM

51 posts, read 144,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxuser View Post
Went there once, got off the plane and was taken to a Auto Rental location. Got out of the car and noticed two things right away. One, it was dark at noon and two, it was raining. I went inside Enterprise and said
"how often do you get this rain?" They said "Oh, it's not raining, it's just a a typical day in Seattle!!" It was that mist and the humidity was 100%
Yikes! If you don't like June, July, And August here, spent a day or two in Phoenix! That will change your mind!!! LOL!!!! Good luck!
That's funny. You do get used to it out there but it can be very dark in the winter and wet and staggeringly beautiful in the summer. "One good day in Seattle is equal to ten anywhere else" is what the locals say and it is true for me. I hope you were around long enough to see a good day??? The first year I got there we had sunshine and sixties, seventies for most of February and peeps kept telling me "don't get used to it"! Like anywhere else, you can't count on the weather being good or bad - although it seems quite predictable in N.M .

The mornings are cold and dark much of the year and the days start late. Ever wonder about the coffee thing there? It is a necessity! Because of all the lakes, the sound and mountains there are many different climate zones and often a rainy day will end up glorious by afternoon.

You might not believe this but Seattle is rated second highest for walk ability (oh those hills!) and for dog friendly. Best dog parks I have ever seen and more outdoor nature people than anywhere I have ever lived. REI is gigantic, people on bikes, kayaking, running everyday of the year - in spite of bad weather. You can't keep a mossback inside for long! If you dress right you can stay dry and if the clouds clear and you can SEE where you are, you quickly fall in love. You don't have to worry about perspiring even in August and you always carry a sweater. It is one of the greenest American cities, very progressive, and the economy remains stable. It has one of the highest education levels and is always rated #1 city for readers. The libraries are paradise. It is very culturally diverse and museums everywhere. Outstanding medical care and great hospitals. And then there's The Mountain. When you can see Mount Rainier, you just can't believe anything can be so gorgeous. Between the Cascades and the Olympics, you could spend many lifetimes climbing and never see 1/10th of it. And water everywhere, waterfalls, glaciers, snow caps all year round - the islands, the sound.

Did I mention seals, sea lions, orcas, dolphins everytime you go to the ocean? And going on year nineteen for the largest hemp festival in the world.

I rate Seattle a perfect ten on everything but weather and on that a six. I am from New England so right now Seattle weather (and N.M.) look pretty good, and no lie, you just can't beat New Mexico weather in the winter!

I want to thank everyone here for being very helpful to me these past six months. We have found a house on the Strait of Juan de Fuca overlooking the lights of Victoria B.C. and are packing. This is a lovely state, but not for me. You don't know until you try, and we left our furniture there just in case. I need water, I grew up on the Atlantic. Not everyone misses it, but I keep looking for blue.

This site is an invaluable resource for our mobile world. I have learned so much here and will always be grateful. New Mexicans are very friendly and gracious people and I'll never forget that.[/quote]

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-28-2011 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote

Old 01-28-2011, 03:43 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,685,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit11 View Post
I want to thank everyone here for being very helpful to me these past six months. We have found a house on the Strait of Juan de Fuca overlooking the lights of Victoria B.C. and are packing. This is a lovely state, but not for me. You don't know until you try, and we left our furniture there just in case. I need water, I grew up on the Atlantic. Not everyone misses it, but I keep looking for blue.
Congratulations! Good luck to you on this next chapter of your life . It's always wonderful to find where you belong and then go there.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 PM

51 posts, read 144,716 times
Default To the big Blue!

Dear Marmom,

Thank you so very much for your kind reply!

I know I will be missing the bright sky on the grey days, but we all need to know our own priorities and hope to find them. At my age (60) I know there is no place that has everything, is perfect for everyone.

But it seems there are 'ocean peeps' and others to whom it is not so important. When I see a seal, or sea lion I beam for weeks. I am also a absolute tree hugging freak (literally) and need to walk in those dark, lush forests with trees that reach the sky. And when I compare the weather in N.M. or PNW to where I am from, New England - they both look pretty darned good!

Hoping to have the best of both worlds and perhaps be able to come down here for a month in the winters to catch some sunshine. That is one way to stay balanced in Seattle!

cheers to another chapter and thank you kindly again for your support!

Old 01-29-2011, 05:39 PM

206 posts, read 535,019 times
Yah, Napolitano did a GREAT job in Arizona. Left us 3 BILLION in debt and scated off to Washington where she has shown herself to be even MORE incompetent in her present position. She should be fired..

Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 PM

14 posts, read 15,590 times
NM is made up of white towns and brown towns. The white towns I think are better but thats because I'm white. If you don't like where your at eather tell them to kiss your ass or move to another town.Get on the net and check out the stat's.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
In terms of friendliness, how would you rate the replies to the person who is having a tough go of it?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutep View Post
In terms of friendliness, how would you rate the replies to the person who is having a tough go of it?
There are over 100 replies. I'm not sure what you really want to know.

Rich

Old 03-04-2011, 09:42 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,685,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutep View Post

The responses ranged from compassionate to insensitive. They were accurately reflective of the general human population.

Not sure whether you are trying to make a point or really ask a question. How would YOU rate the friendliness of the replies?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:15 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,449,419 times
maybe your plant ( and hello kitty plate ) ran away from home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque