Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2024, 07:38 PM

8,226 posts, read 16,754,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
It's been chilly and solid gray after those few sunny days last week. Looks and feels like November. Very wet also. No sun breaks up here.

But we do have tulips blooming.
Glad you're enjoying the spring flowers, mayfair. We've had a lot of gray as well with rain off and on. However, today was different. The sun has been out most of the day with some scattered showers. It reached mid 50s and felt warm. I was so glad to see it, I decided to go for a paddle. It was gorgeous out with some of the most amazing clouds this season. I guess you appreciate it more when you don't see it as often.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2024, 06:58 PM

6,421 posts, read 8,302,120 times
What eclipse?

Old 04-08-2024, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
What eclipse?
I've honestly never found the eclipse all that exciting. So, the sun goes dark when the moon passes it. Ok, then what? I find viewing the Milky Way on a moonless night far more interesting or watching a comet fall from the sky. The aurora is something I've always wanted to see. Here's a shot I took from the Olympic coast which is an experience under the stars that blows away any eclipse watching through funny little glasses.

Derek

Old 04-08-2024, 09:29 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,984,380 times
Seattle is such a cold city .. hurry up global warming

Old 04-08-2024, 11:09 PM

1,894 posts, read 846,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
I've honestly never found the eclipse all that exciting. So, the sun goes dark when the moon passes it. Ok, then what? I find viewing the Milky Way on a moonless night far more interesting or watching a comet fall from the sky. The aurora is something I've always wanted to see. Here's a shot I took from the Olympic coast which is an experience under the stars that blows away any eclipse watching through funny little glasses.

Derek
That's a beautiful photo, but I'm glad that I experienced the eclipse of August 2017, I will never forget it. We were camped in the woods near John Day, Oregon, so it wasn't that difficult to accomplish. My kid just came back from a spontaneous flight to St. Louis with their spouse to see the current eclipse. Nature is awesome, embrace as much as you can!

Local weather, cool & rainy & the frogs are serenading.

Old 04-09-2024, 12:39 PM

6,421 posts, read 8,302,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer;66623333[B
]I've honestly never found the eclipse all that exciting[/b]. So, the sun goes dark when the moon passes it. Ok, then what? I find viewing the Milky Way on a moonless night far more interesting or watching a comet fall from the sky. The aurora is something I've always wanted to see. Here's a shot I took from the Olympic coast which is an experience under the stars that blows away any eclipse watching through funny little glasses.

Derek
I'm guessing you've never experienced full totality then (I was lucky enough to see 6 minutes worth in 1991). It's right up there with the Northern Lights as far as I'm concerned. Cool shots though!

Old 04-09-2024, 06:31 PM

1,684 posts, read 2,722,554 times
I experienced the full eclipse too- back in the 1970s and some partial eclipses. Always awe-inspiring. But this time it was just another rainy day up here.

This afternoon the sun finally came out. Spring is astoundingly beautiful when the sun shines.

Old 04-09-2024, 10:32 PM

We had a really beautiful afternoon in Vancouver. Now, with the longer days, it's easy to get out and enjoy it after work. The tables turn and we have longer periods of daylight than the majority of the nation. The forecast is also looking great without a day of rain over the next two weeks. It's really time to come out of hibernation now, folks. The bears are waking up in the mountains, the trees have fresh leaves on them, the snow is melting in the high country. This is a great time to live in the PNW.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 04-09-2024 at 11:12 PM..

Old 04-12-2024, 11:25 PM

We're having perfect spring weather with a nice mixture of sun and clouds. Everything is blooming and its glorious outside. Here's a few pics from today.

Derek

Old 04-13-2024, 10:11 AM

1,684 posts, read 2,722,554 times
We're cooler and grayer further north than Vancouver. Mostly the April gray skies and rain/40s with an occasional sunny afternoon. We're going into a warm patch in the 50s.

Traffic will be nuts today since its a weekend, sunny, going to be warm (50s) and the tulips are in peak bloom in the fields. Last year at this time the tulips were barely getting started.

It's a beautiful day to see the tulip fields if you can brave traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington