Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 07:54 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
The doctor on ABC ( nice looking blond woman) said
if you go out you have to remove your clothes when you come home and put them in the washer. You don't wear them again without washing.
My 35 year old niece, who rides a bus to work in Chicago, has been doing that for over two weeks. She immediately strips and puts all her clothes (including her jacket) in the washer and then takes a shower right after work each day. She leaves her "outside shoes" in a box outside the door and wears something else inside her apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 12:06 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
My 35 year old niece, who rides a bus to work in Chicago, has been doing that for over two weeks. She immediately strips and puts all her clothes (including her jacket) in the washer and then takes a shower right after work each day. She leaves her "outside shoes" in a box outside the door and wears something else inside her apartment.
She's got it! My son did that when he went grocery shopping for me last week. He drove, but I was sick. He left his shoes outside, and stripped to his underwear at the door.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:50 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Just saw Prince Charles has been confirmed having it. He's in his early 70s I believe.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:25 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Just saw Prince Charles has been confirmed having it. He's in his early 70s I believe.
Yes, I saw that on CNN. Said he'd attended numerous public engagements in the past week.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:07 AM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
This virus has no boundaries. The best you can hope for is that it'll be mild.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:50 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
We had a local guy in a rural county test positive last week. He worked in an auto parts factory, got back from Africa in the National Guard last fall, and went on a cruise and was back in late December.

He remains asymptomatic and said he feels completely fine.
I wonder why he tested, if asymptomatic?

What I'm having trouble understanding is why some folks fall deathly ill, and this guy has no symptoms? Really strange how this disease affects people differently.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:02 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

What I'm having trouble understanding is why some folks fall deathly ill, and this guy has no symptoms? Really strange how this disease affects people differently.
Besides genetics and underlying vulnerability, I do wonder (no evidence or link but observation) if it is dose-related, that is, if person-to-person, one level, if three-day-old from a surface, another level. And so on in between dose levels.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:09 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder why he tested, if asymptomatic?

Every day we hear something new on this virus.
I read an article that talked about viral load. It's how much of the virus you take into your system.

This is still just a hypothesis though but it sounds logical.

That's why I plan to wear a mask next time I go food shopping. If nothing else maybe it will filter what I inhale.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...nd-viral-load/
“After we are infected with a virus, it replicates in our body’s cells. The total amount of virus a person has inside them is referred to as their ‘viral load’. For COVID-19, early reports from China suggest that the viral load is higher in patients with more severe disease, which is also the case for Sars and influenza.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Every day we hear something new on this virus.
I read an article that talked about viral load. It's how much of the virus you take into your system.

This is still just a hypothesis though but it sounds logical.

That's why I plan to wear a mask next time I go food shopping. If nothing else maybe it will filter what I inhale.

I think that is absolutely true, and it puts to bed the thought "well, the mask can't stop it anyway" refrain. It might not stop it entirely, but it can reduce the viral load, and temper the severity of your symptoms. I believe that ones immunity strength is the determining factor. Note there are supplements you can take that will help, if you take a coconut oil supplement with lauric acid, it is converted into monolaurin, the same thing babies get from breast milk, to help their vulnerable immune system.

Not pushing this supplement (which I believe you can get the monolaurin stand alone supplement) but throwing it out there as another way to prevent getting getting deathly ill from this virus. There are other supplements that will work as well, but I like this one because monolaurin actually targets viruses.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:15 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Some good news — N.Y. Hospitals using IV vitamin C with some success for virus.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/new-yo...ith-vitamin-c/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement