Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 03:30 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
JRR,
The link indicates current orders won't ship until mid-April. When you receive it, would you let us know if it is what it claims to be? Thanks.
I actually got my four bottles on Tuesday. They shipped by priority mail so it got here pretty quickly. Product seems fine but I will say that it has a pretty strong alcohol smell. So if that would be an issue it would be best to look elsewhere. Us it doesn't bother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
What I just read is that this is expected to stick around and become a virus like the cold or flu. Eventually almost, if not everyone, will eventually be exposed. So yea, this is just to keep the healthcare system to keep from being overstretched.
Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder when I'll get and if I'll be in the 80%. The suspense is sort of wearing on me. Meanwhile I'm going nuts at home.
That’s exactly what it is. All this social distancing isn’t intended to lower the number of people who get this virus, eventually. It is to lower the number of people who get it NOW so as to not overwhelm the hospital system.

Old 04-08-2020, 05:13 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post

What I just read is that this is expected to stick around and become a virus like the cold or flu. Eventually almost, if not everyone, will eventually be exposed. So yea, this is just to keep the healthcare system to keep from being overstretched.
Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder when I'll get and if I'll be in the 80%. The suspense is sort of wearing on me. Meanwhile I'm going nuts at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post

I also agree that most of us will be getting the virus and why it needs to be spread out. At medium risk myself, I'd rather have something happen to me when more is known, when the little hospital isn't so crowded should I need it and when there might be more testing and possible symptom treatment available.
I do not agree with the above. I think it's unfortunate to scare people reading this with the above 'opinions'.

I do not have an article to cite to - just everything read, watched extensively, and absorbed.

As an aside, if one thinks just about everyone has had or will get the regular 'flu', plenty of people have never had the regular 'flu' and have not had the vaccine either. I've never had the regular 'flu' and have never had a vaccine either.

It seem hypochondriac to state the opinions cited to above. And exaggerative to wonder 'when' one will automatically get coronavirus and if one is going to be among the 80% - unless one is working on the front lines of the fight against coronavirus or in public service occupations or required to work in other professions in workplaces including blue-collar service workers. (which perhaps first poster could be)

Last edited by matisse12; 04-08-2020 at 06:38 PM..

Old 04-08-2020, 05:18 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I do not agree with the above. I think it's unfortunate to scare people reading this with the above 'opinions'.

I do not have an article to cite to - just everything read, watched extensively, and absorbed.

As an aside, if one thinks just about everyone has the regular 'flu', plenty of people have never had the regular 'flu' and have not had the vaccine either. I've never had the regular 'flu' and have never had a vaccine either.
I hope most happily to be wrong. When I say I think many of us will get it, I include that many may have already had it with no symptoms and that will be a large part of the future. We'll only know with antibody tests. I don't mean that most of anybody will get sick or be hospitalized.

I have deleted the comment that Matisse quoted, but cannot erase the quoted one. I want to be involved in good information, not my opinions. No desire to alarm people with an opinion.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:16 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post

As an aside, if one thinks just about everyone has had or will get the regular 'flu', plenty of people have never had the regular 'flu' and have not had the vaccine either. I've never had the regular 'flu' and have never had a vaccine either.

It seem hypochondriac to state the opinions cited to above. And exaggerative to wonder 'when' one will automatically get coronavirus and if one is going to be among the 80% - unless one is working on the front lines of the fight against coronavirus or in public service occupations or required to work in other professions in workplaces. (which perhaps first poster could be)
It is the virus that is scary to me. I find it helpful to hear the thoughts of others because it gives me other viewpoints to ponder, rather than stewing about it only inside my own head.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:19 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH... have you seen the death figures for today? Will this nightmare not let up already?! I mostly start doing something at home, and forget all about why I am hanging out at home, and then I suddenly remember, and ask myself: is this real?! Naaah, this can't be real, this is just supernatural fiction by Stephen King... But apparently it's real... 88,500 dead so far, it could be somebody I deeply care about by this weekend, it could be me before the end of next week... I doubt my thoughts will be helpful to hear for the previous poster, but it is what it is :-).

Old 04-08-2020, 07:28 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH... have you seen the death figures for today? Will this nightmare not let up already?! I mostly start doing something at home, and forget all about why I am hanging out at home, and then I suddenly remember, and ask myself: is this real?! Naaah, this can't be real, this is just supernatural fiction by Stephen King... But apparently it's real... 88,500 dead so far, it could be somebody I deeply care about by this weekend, it could be me before the end of next week... I doubt my thoughts will be helpful to hear for the previous poster, but it is what it is :-).
You are not alone. I and many others feel the same way.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:50 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You are not alone. I and many others feel the same way.

And additionally, I just recently retired from long years in healthcare. But medicine that I practiced was confident and useful. We didn't lose patients, we weren't helpless and clueless, not even in those initial years of raging AIDS around 1980. It is a combination of tragic and idiotic and very very strange that a healthcare worker feels when there is nothing to offer as a remedy (if you saw my other posts, I really don't believe the famous ventilators are doing anything worthwhile in this situation). Just want this to be over. This is not possible. We seem to have collectively wandered into some kind of incorrect universe...

Old 04-08-2020, 07:53 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
I thought this was a discussion thread. If we start putting limits as to what is "allowed" to talk about here, then what have we become??
Obviously some are worried about how others will interpret or perhaps even be scared.

This is life. We are all facing this and some of us want to say something that another poster can't handle and wants to control.

I say to that person get over yourself.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:26 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
I think it's best to stick to science and facts. And sticking to science and facts is emphasized DAILY by every expert in epidemics and pandemics, every epidemiologist and virologist, every scientist, and Dr Tony Fauci and Dr Deborah Birx, as examples, along with supporting data.

If someone wants to post scientific articles that state that most everyone in the U.S. (and perhaps everyone in the majority of countries?) is going to get coronavirus which was given as a belief by poster at #143 and also given as a belief by the poster I quoted in my post #153, that would be a step forward.

One can talk about psychological aspects of living through this pandemic with fellow CD'ers, for example, but science and facts need to come from scientific experts and scientific articles (or articles containing this knowledge) about whether most everyone in the U.S. ( and world or certain counties?) will get coronavirus.

I would be interested in reading articles and science that state most everyone in the U.S. will get coronavirus, as believed and stated by two posters above, as that would add to everyone's knowledge and very much be worth knowing. I look forward to reading any articles and science posted.

Last edited by matisse12; 04-08-2020 at 09:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement