Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Salvation has nothing to do with what kind of status you will have as a saved Spirit. That will depend entirely on what kind of Spirit you have BECOME, period. Salvation is what removed Abraham and the others from whatever limbo (prison?) they were in because they had no place in Heaven with God. Jesus's "born again" human Spirit connected all "born again" human Spirits with God's Holy Spirit. It is structural and it is what it is.

Jesus created the place in Heaven for all of us (Kingdom of God) so there is no other place for us to go when we die and are "born again" as Spirit. All of us when we die are "born again" as Spirit as Jesus tried to explain to Nicodemus and failed. It makes no difference if you do not believe the precepts and doctrines that grew up around Jesus. Most of them are wrong anyway. Our place within Heaven (the quantum realm) will be based entirely on what kind of Spirit we have BECOME whatever we believe, IMO.
"It is structural and it is what it is". Well, you're welcome to your belief. The problem is when Christians attempt to force those beliefs on others. Throughout history Christians have used torture, war, laws, lies, pogroms, and other means to force those who don't accept being "born again" as Christians to do so. It does seem rather hypocritical for the religion of "The Prince of Peace".

BTW, what makes you such an expert that you know for a fact that Abraham and the early prophets had no place in heaven with G-d? That may be your belief, but it's one that's rooted strictly in Christianity and the concept of salvation with Jesus. It has no relevance otherwise and is, frankly, offensive for other religions. It's really only your own opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Earn? You cannot earn salvation you cannot die for your own sins. The bible is pretty clear you cannot earn salvation buy salvation or raise yourself up from death you can do absolutely nothing for it it is 100% by the Grace of God by the sacrifice Jesus made.He has to die for every last one of your sins for you to raised up and enter heaven

Both Christianity and Judaism have the fall of mankind Judaism is incomplete not dealing with the problem.Christianity not only deals with the problem it brings it to completion.
I don't think it's true that Judaism has "the fall of mankind", although I will let the Jewish posters here clarify that. Judaism does not have the concept of original sin, so there was nothing for them to "complete". The idea of original sin came up in Christian thought when the pre-existing story of Eden became "The Fall" as a backstory to provide a reason for the need for salvation.

Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think it's true that Judaism has "the fall of mankind", although I will let the Jewish posters here clarify that. Judaism does not have the concept of original sin, so there was nothing for them to "complete". The idea of original sin came up in Christian thought when the pre-existing story of Eden became "The Fall" as a backstory to provide a reason for the need for salvation.
Correct.

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

9,352 posts, read 13,017,052 times
Quote:
Episcopal Church said the same thing almost 30 years ago when the SBC announced a campaign to convert Jews. (SBC has since apologized.)
AFAIK, that’s now a common stance among American mainline Protestant churches. I can appreciate that because it respects Judaism’s right to spiritual autonomy without trying to creepily cozy up to the Jewish people in furtherance of Christian end-times theology.

Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
AFAIK, that’s now a common stance among American mainline Protestant churches. I can appreciate that because it respects Judaism’s right to spiritual autonomy without trying to creepily cozy up to the Jewish people in furtherance of Christian end-times theology.
Yeah, that's ugly. Also, Episcopalians tend to not view Revelation as a prophetic book about the end of the world but rather a literary device about the Roman Empire 2000 years ago, so they aren't on the Armageddon bandwagon. They also don't preach that Christianity is the only valid spiritual path for everyone.

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Everything posted here is OPINION. Clearly, like the many concepts of God, the concept of Christianity is too firmly entrenched in the popular psyche. I probably should have avoided the label and simply acknowledged that the descriptions of Jesus as HE presents Himself in the biblical narrative is the ONLY reason I equate Him with God's Holy Spirit (the "mind of God"). The bulk of the Christian dogma is misguided and wrong because it was formed by primitive carnal minds (which is true for most extant religions, IMO). Whatever you wish to believe about Abraham, Moses, Mohammed, Sankara (or whoever), they lacked significant knowledge about the Reality they sought to explain and its source, God.

The very disturbing Reality I faced during my encounter is that Reality itself is consciousness. Whatever you wish to call that it is drastically different from what science PRESUMES or religions ASSERT about it. I have no pride, per se, but I also have no false humility. I am a true polymath and my understanding of what I experienced and how it could be true is unshakeable. My efforts to integrate it into the extant religions and science are what seem to provoke true believers in BOTH arenas. I present my views without rancor or any attempt to impose them. The history of such behavior in religions is indefensible, IMO.

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Everything posted here is OPINION. Clearly, like the many concepts of God, the concept of Christianity is too firmly entrenched in the popular psyche. I probably should have avoided the label and simply acknowledged that the descriptions of Jesus as HE presents Himself in the biblical narrative is the ONLY reason I equate Him with God's Holy Spirit (the "mind of God"). The bulk of the Christian dogma is misguided and wrong because it was formed by primitive carnal minds (which is true for most extant religions, IMO). Whatever you wish to believe about Abraham, Moses, Mohammed, Sankara (or whoever), they lacked significant knowledge about the Reality they sought to explain and its source, God.

The very disturbing Reality I faced during my encounter is that Reality itself is consciousness. Whatever you wish to call that it is drastically different from what science PRESUMES or religions ASSERT about it. I have no pride, per se, but I also have no false humility. I am a true polymath and my understanding of what I experienced and how it could be true is unshakeable. My efforts to integrate it into the extant religions and science are what seem to provoke true believers in BOTH arenas. I present my views without rancor or any attempt to impose them. The history of such behavior in religions is indefensible, IMO.
So you're a "true polymath". Well, aren't you "special". Nevertheless, your encounter and your unshakeable belief in its doesn't negate anyone else's beliefs nor the truth of their own encounters. You seem to feel that your experience is the sole defining one. It may be or it may not be, but without proof, it's just your personal experience and your own OPINION, the same as everyone else's.

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

22,233 posts, read 19,245,773 times
the question that comes to mind when someone self-proclaims to be a "true polymath"
is to wonder "Other than yourself, who is labeling you as that?"

my observation based on the evidence of posts expressing views held here on CD, is that they are not those of a polymath. The august company you place yourself in is that of: Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Leonardo DaVinci, Isaac Newton, Galileo Galilei, Michelangelo, Pythagoras, Omar Khayam, Moses Maimonedes, Rumi.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; Yesterday at 02:41 PM..

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

9,352 posts, read 13,017,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the question that comes to mind when someone self-proclaims to be a "true polymath"
is to wonder "Other than yourself, who is labeling you as that?"
G-d almighty, didn’t you know?

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

22,233 posts, read 19,245,773 times
"True polymaths aren’t focused on achieving the status of one."

"Polymaths balance creativity with respect for the worldview and experiences of people who came before them. Because of how much they know, they know how little they actually know. This lets them approach the world with an abundance of knowledge and humility.

"To be clear, becoming a polymath isn’t about being smarter. It’s about being less of a fool. Richard Feynman reminds us that, 'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.' "

---Roxine Kee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality