Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

22,221 posts, read 19,238,916 times

Advertisements

washing people in blood
is not something i will ever accept on any level of my being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

94 posts, read 13,348 times
Hospice was not a negative experience for me until the end of the persons life which of course I knew was coming.I did companion matches and visited partitive care wards. I think the longest I was with someone was about a year and half.I would redo it in a moment they became friends that I really cared about and I have fond memories of them in the conversations that we had.I would visit once a week and sometime I would visit more.I was only present when one person died and it was a difficult moment for me.Those people will ever remain with me and we were brought together by fate.I have had very touching moments when I felt great love coming from a woman that I had only met weeks before and we both felt like we knew each other instantly. I held her hand hour before she died.I will never forget her.I have had great moments of anguish as I held the hand of a man dying of lung cancer for 2 weeks straight for hours a day until he passed away one night after i had left.I had known him for 9 months. It was all a very rewarding experience and a sad and happy one for me but I no longer do it my mother has dementia and my focus is completely on her. I visit her daily for several hour.

When I was a young man I was out with a couple of girls and we passed a physic fair of course they wanted to go in and I saw this woman and the sign said 80 percent guaranteed so I was laughing at her saying she was full of it So she gave me a reading and she told me a old man would come from the west coast and we would become friends and she said she could see dead people around me in the cards.I told her she was absolutely insane and forgot about it. I am aware of manipulation and being led on so I sat there silently trying not to even twitch to give her anything.5 years later I was at a church and the pastor said volunteer groups would be coming on Monday to ask for volunteers and if anyone is interested to show up.So I though I have always wanted to volunteer so I went thinking I would hide in the back and likely not volunteer and I was the only one that showed up.One of the groups was hospice palliative care there were easier ones but I was drawn to what the woman said and I caught her outside and she said she would contact me.I took the training and was waiting for my first match scared as hell and I got he call. It was a man who had come from the west coast and we did become great friend he felt like my dad.The first visit I sat outside of his house panicking in my car I laugh about it now there was never anything to fear.So I do wonder about fate. I never saw a physic again and never will.

Last edited by Paul888; Yesterday at 09:12 PM..

Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
washing people in blood
is not something i will ever accept on any level of my being.

You have to accept the fall of humanity in order to believe it you can't have one without the other.It is a difficult concept.Let me give you a picture of Death and the fallen world read what I post and give it a full chance read it to the end.

All, even the most superficial, have at times felt that there is something ‘other’, something ‘further’, something ‘beyond’ ordinary experience.Have had the feeling that the whole of what we are or would be is not realized in the situation in which we find ourselves.Have come to the conviction that ‘more’ and ‘better’ exist beyond what we have experienced.Even in ecstatic happiness we sense that there is something more, something not yet attained; in sorrow we are aware poignantly of so much that apparently has been held from us.
It is, perhaps, when we are alone in silence, or with those few people we can be with in silence, and hear the sound of the wind in the grass and trees or the wash of the waves on the shingle, or we view the great spaces of the sky, blue in day-time and starlit at night, that we experience most intensely a feeling that may only be described as ‘a happy sadness’.It is both happy and sad because it speaks of some joy that belongs to us and yet is not ours.It comes from infinite distances to us and is never possessed by us. It is always ‘there’.
It is this sense of something ‘other’ that must lead us on to the thought of the barrier that has to be crossed before ‘this mortal life has put on immortality’. Death may be a beginning, but we feel that it is also an end. And this we feel in a thousand ways: a loved voice has forever been silenced, vivid experiences leave behind them but wraiths in the form of imperfectly evoked memories, and hopeful striving and ecstatic fulfillment are so quickly lost. We seem to be elsewhere before we are here, to be otherwise before we are thus, forever to be losing today to yesterday. Death is in us, about us and around us. We live in a world of dead leaves, of the flotsam of long-ebbed tides, of fading footprints upon roads where we may no longer pass and of echoes dying on a wind that scatters ashes.
Any consideration of death, therefore, must involve a consideration of these two great cross-currents of human experience: on the one hand, that all is passing and we with it; on the other, that we are part of a dynamic and creative force which is independent of and triumphs over destruction and decay. These cross-currents appear to be so opposed, so much in conflict with each other, that hope and despair, creation and destruction, seem irreconcilable forces which impel us in this way or in that in frustrating alternation. We cannot relinquish our hold upon creative hope, for, however much we may proclaim our cynical realism, we are unable totally to abandon it; yet, at the same time, we cannot but be piercingly aware of death and decay, however much we proclaim our confidence in the value of our plans for ourselves or for the human race. A facile optimism cannot do more than temporarily conceal the one from us, while abandonment to despair can never fully destroy the possibility of the other.
‘In the midst of life’, then, ‘we are in death.’ If there is one certain event in human life, death is it. We know that we shall die. We may attempt to forget it, we may even deliberately ignore it, we may revolt violently against it, but death is inescapable. As we have said, death is the great sign of contradiction. It signifies inevitable, daunting and certain destruction or ultimate triumph and lasting glory. That life is no mere existential phenomenon, episode no mere empty transience, love no mere passing affinity, that there exists, beyond and through all the changes and vicissitudes of living, an eternal life beating at the heart of things, and that death is but the rending of the veil that hides immortality from human eyes – such is the certainty of Christian faith, the assurance of Christian hope and the very substance of Christian love. That love is stronger than death, that hope transcends separation and that faith is the key to fact are of the very essence and meaning of Christianity. The gift of God to man is the present and permanent possession of that for which he yearns. As St. Paul tells us: ‘faith is the substance of those things for which we hope.’
We should then, face boldly and courageously the certain fact of death, let us see what is the worst that death can do to us and to others and then let us see that, for the Christian, death is not an end, but a beginning. Let us examine how and in what way we can prepare ourselves to pass through that gateway into the unknown. Let us see that the resurrection for which we long is already as much a part of our lives as the death which leads to it.

Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM

no, i do not have to accept any of that.

that is fine for those who hold those beliefs.
however it has no bearing whatsoever for those who do not subscribe to those beliefs.

peace. be well.

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM

I never said you have to its more about a feeling that something is missing and everything just fades into time your very thoughts.

I encourage you to find it on your own or reject it if all you believe is the physical world and nothing else exists that is your choice to make freely and no one can take that away from you.

Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM

People connect with divinity through many different paths.
it is not exclusive to any single religion, or any single teacher.

the soul is eternal. because the Source of the soul is eternal.
for everyone. not just for some.

Old Today, 12:19 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
The concept of Jesus being the only way to G-d is anathema to me. The idea that Jesus accomplished salvation for all is exactly what you posited it to be, your opinion. Others believe differently. Besides, you contradict yourself when you state that "you will receive exactly what you deserve based on what kind of Spirit you have BECOME". If that's true, what was Jesus' all-inclusive salvation for in the first place?
Salvation has nothing to do with what kind of status you will have as a saved Spirit. That will depend entirely on what kind of Spirit you have BECOME, period. Salvation is what removed Abraham and the others from whatever limbo (prison?) they were in because they had no place in Heaven with God. Jesus's "born again" human Spirit connected all "born again" human Spirits with God's Holy Spirit. It is structural and it is what it is.

Jesus created the place in Heaven for all of us (Kingdom of God) so there is no other place for us to go when we die and are "born again" as Spirit. All of us when we die are "born again" as Spirit as Jesus tried to explain to Nicodemus and failed. It makes no difference if you do not believe the precepts and doctrines that grew up around Jesus. Most of them are wrong anyway. Our place within Heaven (the quantum realm) will be based entirely on what kind of Spirit we have BECOME whatever we believe, IMO.

Old Today, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Salvation has nothing to do with what kind of status you will have as a saved Spirit. That will depend entirely on what kind of Spirit you have BECOME, period. Salvation is what removed Abraham and the others from whatever limbo (prison?) they were in because they had no place in Heaven with God. Jesus's "born again" human Spirit connected all "born again" human Spirits with God's Holy Spirit. It is structural and it is what it is.

Jesus created the place in Heaven for all of us (Kingdom of God) so there is no other place for us to go when we die and are "born again" as Spirit. All of us when we die are "born again" as Spirit as Jesus tried to explain to Nicodemus and failed. It makes no difference if you do not believe the precepts and doctrines that grew up around Jesus. Most of them are wrong anyway. Our place within Heaven (the quantum realm) will be based entirely on what kind of Spirit we have BECOME whatever we believe, IMO.

it is hard to find anything more off-putting than peddling the puffed up arrogance which brays "Abraham and the others had no place in Heaven with God."

the bigger they are, the harder they fall

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; Today at 02:39 AM..

Old Today, 03:16 AM

oh here it is, Proverbs 16:18
World English Bible

"Pride goes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall."

Old Today, 03:34 AM

3,805 posts, read 3,001,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
oh here it is, Proverbs 16:18
World English Bible

"Pride goes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall."
“Pride comes before a fall” is a common saying used in popular culture too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality