Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:33 AM

436 posts, read 1,174,783 times

Advertisements

To the christians : Can you be saved or go to heaven or paradise or whatever you wanna call it without Jesus? Will you best friend or lover or kid, who was essentially a good person, but not a follower of Jesus, wake up in heaven should they die tonight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 01:12 AM

364 posts, read 766,244 times
Works to the chirstian belief no matter how good your works are if you only have works but not Christ then you will not enter heaven.

Salvation is judge by one accepting Jesus as Lord and savior but we be judge for our works to but that a different judgement that is the seat of christ we will get crowns base on what good we did on earth.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:09 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,581,112 times
It takes God through His Son Jesus Christ whose blood was shed for our salvation.This has to be a part of he equation, because goodness and one's works is not enough to attain the Kingdom of Heaven. We can not save ourselves it takes a Saviour for whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish,but have everlasting life. We have to have a true repentance from the heart,a change of mind to make Him the main focus of our life and to walk in His ways.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 AM

436 posts, read 1,174,783 times
so are you guys saying - if someone who is most close to you died and they are not christians they will end up in hell?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:37 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,440,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
so are you guys saying - if someone who is most close to you died and they are not christians they will end up in hell?
Of course not!!!

If you are good man you are with Christ, as in the Christ conciousness, the real son of God

During Mankind's history many men have manifested the Christ consciousness, like Buddha, Jesus, Moses, Krishna, St Francis of Assisi, Paramahansa Yogananda, Gandhi, and many others.

hell doesn't exist, but there are some low energy astral planes where people who fell prey of evil force rest and burn some karma for awhile until they come back to the physical plane.

the truth is that no one will be truly saved, or liberated until he himself becomes a Christ, we are all slowly going there, but we need to remove the ignorance that covers the light within us first.

This will span many lifes, because it's no easy or ordinary quest, but we'll all finish it in the end, the only way to accelerate this development is by practicing the sacred yoga science, of devotion, unselfish action, meditation and physical excercize.

Jesus was a great yogi whose soul became an spiritual engine to bring thousands of souls back to God, we can all achieve that holy state, the only different between our big brothers the Christs, like Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, Krishna, etc is that they made the concious effort to love unconditionally and meditate heavily to cleanse their consciousness from the filth of sin.

Unfortunately, as we right now are just getting away from the age of ignorance and entering into the age of science and technology, there is still much evil corrupting the holy teachings of jesus, dark interests want to keep away the secrets of yoga and reincarnation from christians and christianity, making them believe that you only live once, that only jesus can save you and that there is a hell where you will burn if you don't fear god, imagine fearing the god of love, of the most purest and unconditonal love you'll ever have? but this will slowly change, a lot of christians are waking up in the light of the christ consciousness these days

Never give up, just love God with all your heart, and you'll be safe.

Much love and light!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:38 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,199,513 times
Quote:
God has set the parameters He says:

"...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." (John 15:19)

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead...Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:10,12)

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9)

Old 12-27-2007, 07:39 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,794,802 times
Quote:
I did have such a happening. My father died several years ago and I do not know for 100% certainty he accepted Christ as his personal savior, as I believe you must to enter heaven. I struggled for quite a while with the guilt and worry of where he passed on to... eternal life with God or eternal separation from God.

Truth is I don't know and will never know this side of heaven. I've turned that burden over to God because I cannot carry it. It's too painful to dwell on. Being a good person by human measure is not the same as being good in God's eyes. In God's eyes, no one is good, no not one. It is only when we are covered by the blood of Jesus' sacrafice on the cross that God is able to accept us.

My love for my dad was not enough to get him to heaven. He attended church and he "knew the story" as he would tell me when I asked about it, but knowing about Jesus and accepting Jesus are two different things. The first can lead to separation from God and the second leads to eternal life with God.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:02 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,832,222 times
Quote:
Who knows the will of God? Who can see into anothers heart? other than the Lord? Scripture is about the "good news", not condemnation. What we do know is there are consequences for sin. We also know, God seeks justice. You do not need to be a believer to understand... you do the crime you do the time.

Now.... how close we are to someone has nothing to do with their eternal home. How close they are to God is a more valid criteria, that is a personal choice we make. The Bible teaches "without regeneration" the consequence is seperation. The Bible says it's a "lake of fire", which IMO has very little to do with heat, but rather has to do with suffering. Burn yourself on a hot skillet and discover the unending discomfort from just a small burn.

When we speak about eternal damn-ation it is important to understand that God wants for everyone to be joined with Him. Jesus provides the "way" because He speaks the "truth" or the true way, and because He is "light" in a dark world. Darkness is death, and the light gives life. The way is true because of the light.

Joh 14:6 Jesus replied, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Each of us are given an ability to understand all things of God. How that manifests itself is not for me to judge. However.... I can observe, what is good. Jesus tells us "we will know them by their fruit". Since I can not see into anyones heart, I can only see what I have placed before me. I will never condemn anyone, that is not my place. I do see good in people and know it is of God, because the Bible tells me it is. I can and will speak, of my own salvation with certainty, and let others know the good news... this is what Jesus wants for all to do.

Timothy... do not dwell on condemnation of anyone... that is satan at work... instead put your mind at ease knowing we have a loving Father who wants nothing more that to have his sheep close to Him.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,523,795 times
Quote:
To the christians : Can you be saved or go to heaven or paradise or whatever you wanna call it without Jesus? Will you best friend or lover or kid, who was essentially a good person, but not a follower of Jesus, wake up in heaven should they die tonight?
Only God knows the true heart of a person, only God can judge the person, only God makes the decision in the end..I try not to even speculate on the the judgements of God..We do not have all the answers..He does..

Old 12-27-2007, 08:12 AM

14,892 posts, read 17,182,682 times
Quote:
Hi Timothy, I believe that those who have died are in their graves until they are resurrected by Jesus, so I don't believe that anyone is in heaven or hell right now. I do believe that those who have died without Jesus are lost and that many will experience hell, but I believe that there are many scriptures which speak of the final restoration of all to God when all are eventually subjected to God. Some of my references are found in 1 Corinthians 15, Colossians 1, Romans 9, Ephesians 1. Many Christians believe that the lost go to eternal hell, many believe that they go to eternal death and many believe that they are eventually restored to God. I would pray that you seek God on this as you study His word and trust that He will give you peace. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity