Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 11:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I guess we should really ask all the christian philanderers that question. But we understand that you pick and choose the sins you like/dislike.
I've asked you before if you can actually back up that accusation, and you never have. I do not pick and choose what I like and dislike. But you continue to lie.

That doesn't seem like something a nice budhist would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 11:56 AM

50,913 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've asked you before if you can actually back up that accusation, and you never have. I do not pick and choose what I like and dislike. But you continue to lie.

That doesn't seem like something a nice budhist would do.
You're very anti-gay based on certain bible passages, but cannot even admit that the majority men in this country who commit sexual sins (as per the bible) are christian.

Old 03-06-2024, 08:27 PM

6,800 posts, read 2,921,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
You don't need to outright say what is CLEARLY evident in your posts, BF. You seem to believe that you're debating with simpletons.

1 Corinthians 6? I don't think that's where Jesus was alleged to have said that. Moreover, 1 Corinthians was a letter written by Paul. Jesus had nothing to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie
Jesus is God. 1 Cor 6 is God's Word. Jesus inspired Paul to write that.
I'll just speak my mind. I really don't care!

Quote:
Furthermore, three things, 1. Jesus would have known that 'sinning no more' would be impossible for a human, 2. If humans were capable of not sinning then Jesus, as per the belief of Christianity, would have been unnecessary. Just take a couple of seconds to think about that, BF. And finally, 3. homosexuality is not a sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie
Have you read 1 Cor 6? The message of it is clearly that although we USED to do those things, we no longer do. Including some that were practicing homosexuality.
You poor 'fundie'. That you require the alleged words of a long-dead author who you never personally knew to do your thinking for you is rather pathetic. By the way, do you keep the Sabbath? That's God's word. It's even one of the ten commandments,

* I like the 'vessel running out of gas' sounds that come from those religious stalwarts who claim obedience to God's word when I ask that question.

Old 03-07-2024, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

You poor 'fundie'. That you require the alleged words of a long-dead author who you never personally knew to do your thinking for you is rather pathetic. By the way, do you keep the Sabbath? That's God's word. It's even one of the ten commandments,

* I like the 'vessel running out of gas' sounds that come from those religious stalwarts who claim obedience to God's word when I ask that question.
And that's really what it comes down to, isn't it? You'd rather have your own ideas over that of a "long-dead author". Because you know better.

That's the same thing Eve desired in the Garden when Satan asked her "You won't surely die, will you?" She wanted to be like God. She thought she knew better.

This is what our culture is. We think we know better than God.

Old 03-07-2024, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're very anti-gay based on certain bible passages, but cannot even admit that the majority men in this country who commit sexual sins (as per the bible) are christian.
Have I EVER suggested Christians are sinless? No. Of course not. But we are forgiven. And a Christian is one that strives to overcome their sin, not revel in it, even while never truly conquering it.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:18 AM

88,654 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Do you believe God is subject to our culture?
Yet you seem to believe God is subject to the culture of 2000 years ago, which, as I've pointed out here several times, obviously influenced the author of most of the epistles.

I know, I know, you think God whispered in his ear what to write, and of course we heartily disagree on that point, but I have to say it for others who might be reading here.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:25 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,562,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yet you seem to believe God is subject to the culture of 2000 years ago, which, as I've pointed out here several times, obviously influenced the author of most of the epistles.
Now, that's a great point. Heck, we see the culture of the time influencing the NT compared with the OT.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:46 AM

6,800 posts, read 2,921,169 times
Quote:

Quote:
And that's really what it comes down to, isn't it? You'd rather have your own ideas over that of a "long-dead author". Because you know better.
I actually mean no offense to Paul when I say, "I don't care." It's your persistent 'in-your-face' bleating that Paul's words are God's words and that 'God' (through Paul) hates the gay community as well as the churches that accept (YOUR words) "this demonic practice." It's not Paul's fault that you have deified him and exalted his writings to that of divine status.

Sorry Paul if you're listening.

That said. Yes, on THIS topic anyway, I AM better educated than Paul.

Quote:
That's the same thing Eve desired in the Garden when Satan asked her "You won't surely die, will you?" She wanted to be like God. She thought she knew better.
Hmmm ...just a tad overly dramatic, don't you think?

Quote:
Again, on this topic anyway, we do know better than the Bible authors' God. We know that homosexuality is just another facet of human sexuality. The Bible authors (and their God) would not have known that. You know that too, but you must continue to dig in your heels in order to curry favor with your version of a judgmental and cruel God. Let it go, BF.

Old 03-07-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Why do you assume (no comment about that word) that your culture is everyone else's culture. You have zero concept of diversity of any type.

Old 03-07-2024, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Have I EVER suggested Christians are sinless? No. Of course not. But we are forgiven. And a Christian is one that strives to overcome their sin, not revel in it, even while never truly conquering it.
Do you even understand what you just wrote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality