Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2024, 09:31 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,914,757 times

Advertisements

Are you intentionally playing dumb, BF, or have you seriously never known of a Christian church that welcomes the gay community into its fold?

Or does this come down to the term 'Christian and gay acceptance' that you continue to have an issue with? It IS, isn't it?

By the way, somewhat related, I guess ...Sydney had its annual Gay Mardi Gras on Saturday evening/night. The colorful parade included thousands of participants from all walks of life, both gays and non-gays, black, white and colors in-between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 03:33 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[color="Navy"] Are you intentionally playing dumb, BF, or have you seriously never known of a Christian church that welcomes the gay community into its fold?
No. I have not. But if you and others say that there are Christian churches that would do such a demonic thing, then who am I to argue?

Old 03-04-2024, 04:59 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Are you intentionally playing dumb, BF, or have you seriously never known of a Christian church that welcomes the gay community into its fold?

Or does this come down to the term 'Christian and gay acceptance' that you continue to have an issue with? It IS, isn't it?

By the way, somewhat related, I guess ...Sydney had its annual Gay Mardi Gras on Saturday evening/night. The colorful parade included thousands of participants from all walks of life, both gays and non-gays, black, white and colors in-between.
All sin has never been about the acts themselves, but about the state of mind and reason for the acts. Sexual immorality has never been about the sex, per se. It has been the selfishness, lust, and lack of consideration for its negative impact on others that defines it as immoral. Sex in particular is very strongly driven by pure lust and selfishness. But when it is used as the expression of genuine love and desire for a permanent intimate relationship out of love, (NOT lust) it is the same as sex within marriage, IMO. Let me repeat the principle of ALL sin:

Sin is all about what we are BECOMING as a Spirit because it will determine what we face in the next life.

That is why it is all about the state of mind and intent involved and its negative impacts on others. For example, adultery is immoral because it hurts the spouse and your state of mind lacks integrity, decency, and honor. In short, because you are BECOMING a scum bag! Scum bags will not fare well in the next life. Forget about the focus on specific acts, laws, rules, etc. as sins and get a clue. What you BECOME by the REASONS you do what you do is what matters. We are NOT pets in obedience training performing all the "right" tricks and avoiding "pooping in the house," so to speak.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:10 PM

5,045 posts, read 7,424,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. I have not. But if you and others say that there are Christian churches that would do such a demonic thing, then who am I to argue?
Baptists have been behind the curve of rest of the country on many issues, like abolition, desegregation, and interracial marriage, but eventually caught up (for the most part). Don't you think they will eventually (if begrudgingly) come around on the LGBT issue, maybe after most of us reading this are dead and gone?

Or do you personally still support segregation and oppose interracial marriage?

Old 03-04-2024, 08:52 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,914,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Quote:
Yes, just as I thought. No genuine "Christian church" would ever support the LGBT community or gay marriage, eh? So now we know precisely where you're coming from, even if we only suspected before. Gotcha.

Would Jesus reject the gay community and gay marriage, BF? I'm pretty sure that I know the answer to that question. Do you?

Old 03-05-2024, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, just as I thought. No genuine "Christian church" would ever support the LGBT community or gay marriage, eh? So now we know precisely where you're coming from, even if we only suspected before. Gotcha.

Would Jesus reject the gay community and gay marriage, BF? I'm pretty sure that I know the answer to that question. Do you?
1. I have not said any church was not a genuine Christian church. Please don't put words in my mouth to say what I have not said.

2. We know the words of Jesus in 1 Cor 6. He'd say to sin no more.

Old 03-05-2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Baptists have been behind the curve of rest of the country on many issues, like abolition, desegregation, and interracial marriage, but eventually caught up (for the most part). Don't you think they will eventually (if begrudgingly) come around on the LGBT issue, maybe after most of us reading this are dead and gone?

Or do you personally still support segregation and oppose interracial marriage?
You realize I'm not really a Baptist, right?

Having said that, culture does not determine what God expects from his people.

Old 03-05-2024, 11:32 AM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:

If you're not a Baptist...and not a fundamentalist...why would you pick that screen name.

Further, practically every post of yours sounds very fundamentalist.

Old 03-05-2024, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If you're not a Baptist...and not a fundamentalist...why would you pick that screen name.

Further, practically every post of yours sounds very fundamentalist.
I've answered this many times. I'm currently attending a Baptist church, in a fairly liberal Baptist denomination. It's definitely not a "Fundamentlist" Baptist denomination, so it's tongue-in-cheek. It's the first Baptist church I've been a part of, having been a part of a number of other denominations in the past.

Old 03-05-2024, 01:39 PM

5,045 posts, read 7,424,034 times
Quote:

Why do you misrepresent yourself? Regardless, Christians who believe as you do are lagging behind other Christians.

And I agree with the last statement, and include "homophobic culture" along with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality