Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 02:00 PM

50,830 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
That is one more of Atheist fantasy.

Guess what ! There is such a thing as News! It can be read, watched on TV, heard on the radio, all day long.
No need for atheists to inform the world. Unless atheists have a special Atheist Broadcast News that singles out all the religious murderers from the non-religious/atheist murderers. Do you?
This is an example of inane exchanges on the forum, repated over and over that cause ennui. ZZZZZ

Hate takes energy. Not ennui. Cant hate mosquitoes.
You must be exhausted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 06:28 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The 'fantasy' is the fear part. But you know the ying yang? One doesn't need to be afraid of being wrong. But one does need to be able to acknowledge that they may be wrong. And those who cannot acknowledge that have an ego problem and are prone to believe to an excessive degree in various forms of woowoo.
i have no idea what the above post is seeking to express.
nor do i have any desire to know.

Old 08-08-2023, 11:23 PM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
That is one more of Atheist fantasy.
No, you and a few other spiritual people definitely twist posts just to attack atheists. You even started this derail because you wanted attention.

Quote:
Guess what ! There is such a thing as News! It can be read, watched on TV, heard on the radio, all day long.
No need for atheists to inform the world. Unless atheists have a special Atheist Broadcast News that singles out all the religious murderers from the non-religious/atheist murderers. Do you?
There is such a thing as Hindu and Christian scripture. There is no need for you to ignore both to tell us your opinions and assertions. Yet here you are, once again trying to silence atheists while not practicing what you preach.

And I believe murder is far more important than your contradictory, unrealistic assertions.

Quote:
This is an example of inane exchanges on the forum, repated over and over that cause ennui. ZZZZZ
The fact that it is a response to your inane assertions escapes you. If you keep denying women being murdered on religious grounds, we need to keep reminding you.

It is also ironic that this forum is now quiet. It used to be busy until you started posting. Correlation does not imply causation, but it may be a clue.

Quote:
Hate takes energy. Not ennui. Cant hate mosquitoes.
Oh dear, another inane assertion from you. At least I have the energy to laugh. You are not exactly Dick and Doof, but you are amusing.

Old 08-09-2023, 12:35 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually It is not the Christians who hate sinners as Christians are all called to hate the sin and love the person ...... But according to the scriptures it is a sin against God to reject Him and His plan and purpose, and people who follow the liberal are under the spiritual authority of the unseen liberal fallen spirits of this world, which these spirits are alien to God and rejected by God ...... Still, God loves all the people of the earth who are alive ...... See Christians would like every one in the entire earth to know and follow the Lord God through Jesus and His spirit and that is the purpose which every one will live forever
I chuckled when I read your post.

As of the last 40 or 50 years, “Christians†in this country haven’t done a whole lot of loving, especially the “born again†evangelical crowd. If you’re not with them, you’re going to hell, don’t you know. The only things that crowd likes are money and political power.

It’s all a hustle

Old 08-09-2023, 06:01 AM

15,971 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i have no idea what the above post is seeking to express.
nor do i have any desire to know.
Reason why one would go to a psychic, maybe?

Old 08-09-2023, 12:00 PM

15,971 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It is also ironic that this forum is now quiet. It used to be busy until you started posting. Correlation does not imply causation, but it may be a clue.

Busy does not correlate with quality of discussion. Inverse correlation is more like it.
All thanks due to careful moderation by the moderators. Thank yo MQ and Mensa.

Old 08-10-2023, 12:50 AM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,555 times
Wow! I didn't check on this post I didn't think it would get any traction well here we are! I read a post long ago on another section of this forum the poster basically said that the US is almost like two America's, with two different worldviews and visions for America. The poster is referring to our 2 dominant political parties, but we can see how it's almost like a religious/ secular divide too. With one party being for secular values while the other with hardline religious view on social issues.

Old 08-10-2023, 01:03 AM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,555 times
I think anytime you have a rigid view on things which doesn't allow for any other views it becomes fanatical and oppressive in a way especially things pertaining to God. I like to be flexible in my own beliefs and spirituality. It works for me. There is a verse in the Bible which says God/Jesus will punish unbelievers people who are not Christians. I don't agree with this, I think God the actual God creator isn't a divine dictator, willing to punish people because they didn't believe in Jesus or didnt think the right things. I don't even believe in the concept of an eternal burning hell. Like this one smart person said, when it comes to religion, I like like to take the meat and spit out the bones, take what is useful but throw the rest out. That is true practicality imo.

Old 08-10-2023, 09:22 AM

529 posts, read 183,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually It is not the Christians who hate sinners as Christians are all called to hate the sin and love the person ...... But according to the scriptures it is a sin against God to reject Him and His plan and purpose, and people who follow the liberal are under the spiritual authority of the unseen liberal fallen spirits of this world, which these spirits are alien to God and rejected by God ...... Still, God loves all the people of the earth who are alive ...... See Christians would like every one in the entire earth to know and follow the Lord God through Jesus and His spirit and that is the purpose which every one will live forever
Merry meet hljc thanks for a wonderful reply and looking into your soul I see you are a good and kind person. I have that gift as a witch lol. This is a standard reply I see many Christians give people of other Faiths but I wonder if they really know what it means?

I'm assuming you think witchcraft is a sin so you hate the sin but love the witch? It's ok to have differences of opinion but what if I would move into your neighborhood find out you're a Christian, come over to your house, give you a hug and give you my special pear pie I made from my own trees from my old property and asked you to be part of my family, because even though I'm a witch, I'm a Christian too!

You could show me around town, take me to your church and have dinner at my place once I'm all settled down in my new home. We can be best of friends and part of each other's family like good neighbors should be.

Having said all this could you accept my proposition knowing full well I can't be anything but a witch my entire life? Knowing your neighbors may not take you too kindly associating yourself with a witch. Are you committing a sin being my friend in your opinion? Can you really love me as a person even though you think I'm a sinner and our family ship will cause you so much grief by your peers? Thanks for letting me ask you this question, I gave you a reputation point in gratitude for your kind answer you gave to the op. Thanks love and take care of yourself and your family, hugs!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality