Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2023, 06:54 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I get that a little sometimes. It has something to do with sensory issues. I love music but certain songs seem chaotic to me.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2857...%20a%20broader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy View Post
I betcha it's Geddy Lee's voice.
Lol. I love Rush. One of the bands that songs seem like clanging random noise is Led Zeppelin. I know Hanni likes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2023, 07:11 PM

551 posts, read 190,091 times
Quote:
Lol. I love Rush. One of the bands that songs seem like clanging random noise is Led Zeppelin. I know Hanni likes it.
Here ya go! No spiritual meaning per se, but it's an awesome song with beautiful sentiment. It's about Robert Plant's dog (a blue eyed merle Border Collie).

https://youtu.be/oC-9aEf0Q-A?list=PL...awADwtHUEW2fgO

Old 06-13-2023, 07:14 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Here ya go! No spiritual meaning here for me but it's an awesome song. It's about Robert Plant's dog (blue eyed Merle).

https://youtu.be/oC-9aEf0Q-A?list=PL...awADwtHUEW2fgO
That one doesn't freak my brain out.

Old 06-13-2023, 07:42 PM

551 posts, read 190,091 times
Quote:
That one doesn't freak my brain out.
Much of it is life's conditioning in the formative years. Neuroplasticity or what in the Eastern tradition is called Samskaras. Impressions laid down deep in the subconscious. Coming of age in NYC of the 70s my crowd was heavily into what is now considered classic rock and hard rock. Progressive and progrssive/fusion rock too. Love Yes and ELP.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:54 AM

1,478 posts, read 478,086 times
They say this song by Kansas-Portrait (He Knew) is about Einstein.

I have shared these things here before. Einstein taught an alternate and warped view of the Universe, which he claimed was proven in the viewing of an eclipse while looking at the stars off to the side, claiming their positions to have been moved or altered in the change of lighting. And now they say his theory of relativity is proven at a Black Hole or Death Star as they call it, as the destination of where that teaching leads too. And likewise came the unleashing of destructive power in the dividing of an atom, and they didn't know if when the division was unleashed if it would go on forever, as it was unleashed in this temporal realm with the destructive power to kill many. And they call that a victory in Science.

I have a different view of the Universe, as Einstein looked off to the side of the eclipse and claimed a warped view in the change of lighting, while I can look at the eclipse right in front of me and see perfect alignment in the change of lighting, which is Plumb True Relativity. And not a passing moment for those who know the true light and not the obscuring for it is the obscuring that passes away. And I say this in the sense of seeing God Most High as Abraham called Him by that name, as Abraham was called from the land where they worshipped the sun, moon and stars, and that obscuring is Death. And just as that obscuring was removed from Abraham's sight when he went up that mountain with Isaac in following God's word.

Scientists and Physicist have built a house on a warped and shifting foundation all from a moment of changed lighting, and claimed their light of knowledge from that, just as the Satan/serpent sought to do in his beguiling lie, changing the focus away from God's word and Plumb True Relativity to a claim of self-enlightenment. And the Scientist and Physicist claim the confirmation of their teaching at a Black Hole or Death Star, as to where the fulfillment of their teaching leads.

I look to the Plumb True Relativity as God shared with Abraham, and seeing a House formed on that foundation, squared and upright in Living One Togetherness.

Here is song mentioned at the top of this post as I look to a different portrait than that of Einstein, as I look to the Firstborn and Heir of all God's creation as presented from the one verse or Universe of the One True God's First Spoken in my writings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V42-YrzGSU4

Last edited by chief scum; 06-14-2023 at 09:17 AM..

Old 06-14-2023, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Much of it is life's conditioning in the formative years.
Before I was born, the neighbors firstborn toddler son died at my house as he was found hanging as he slid under a barrier above the basement steps that had not been poured yet.

In the 7 years that followed I was conceived and born in the middle of that time and carried in a womb full of deep sorrow and suffering, so much so that doctors wanted to clip some nerves in the back of my mothers neck, and my mom told me that on my third birthday she was healed. When I watched the movie taken at my third birthday, I was on my mom's lap crying and didn't want anything to do with anyone. I love my mom and don't want to place any blame on her or my dad. It all turned out for my good and the knowing of things I wouldn't have known, if not for going through everything I went through.

I was born into this world with the weight of the death of a child hanging over my head. I was healed right around my 29th birthday, and in the days that followed God opened my eyes and walked me through my life, and I knew that God was with me and saw me through it all, even though I had to suffer many things and learn from that point forward. To peel it all back and get to the heart of the matter. As there was much that I needed forgiveness from and much that I needed to forgive.

My parents gave me a Bible when I was 8 years old, it had a cellophane wrapper on it and after I had parted ways with the last girl I dated, I peeled off the wrapper and started to read.

There is so much I could share about all that. Bottom line is that I am most thankful to know the One True God and Jesus Christ His Son whom he has sent. The Good Sheperd.

Here is something that is embarrassing to say...There was mostly older kids around me when I grew up, and I so much sought acceptance that on a daily basis I was punched on and had many bad things said to me by them, and I stood there and cried right in front of them, and not because of being punched on but because of what they were saying, and standing there crying in front of them only brought more of the same humiliation and shame. I still count them as friends today and don't hold any of that against them. While at school with kids my own age it was different, I wasn't picked on, but I figure they all wondered why I didn't talk much, not knowing the shell I was living in.

Old 06-14-2023, 12:10 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Great story, I can relate on so many levels.

Old 06-16-2023, 10:40 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I get that a little sometimes. It has something to do with sensory issues. I love music but certain songs seem chaotic to me.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2857...%20a%20broader
Interesting link. One noise that I can't stand is the rushing sound of a fan, like the fan in the bathroom. If I put it on, which I will do because there is no window and it gets steamy after a shower, I will feel myself getting antsy until finally it surfaces to my conscious that it's THAT SOUND, and I have to shut it off.

Certain pitches of women's voices irritate me, too. I was in a meeting once and sitting next to this teeny tiny little woman, brilliant in finance, but the moment she started talking in a super-high-pitched Minnie Mouse voice I couldn't stand it. After a few minutes, I had to excuse myself and went to the ladies room so I wouldn't scream in the middle of a business meeting. LOL. I later got a little more used to hearing her. She's a nice person, and as I said, highly knowledgeable in her field. But the voice is just awful.

Old 06-18-2023, 02:42 AM

3,797 posts, read 2,992,667 times
For some reason this secular song about homeless people, seems to strike a spiritual chord:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWomXklfv8

Old 06-20-2023, 05:57 PM

Here is a nice song that is pleasant to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1UkH9LOVq4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality