Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:06 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times

Advertisements

Greeting
a question
Will God give us His indwelling Spirit but John now points out that there are other "spirits" loose in the world. If we have the Spirit, we ought to "test the Spirits."
"the anointing Spirit, . If we have the anointing Spirit, we ought to "test our Spirits." Because of Familiar spirits, behind every prophet is a spirit, but also every person have some type of spirit as well.

Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

The great question is? Does the Spirit of God an evil spirit, no but it does know evil. Before we trust any teacher, we must "test the spirits.", but ever teacher may not know they may have a evil spirit

A nature person will never know the Spirit until he or she is chosen, by the Holy Spirit in any giving time, will visit a person, and not by our chosen, by the will of God

In John 3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

The Wind here, blows, meaning the Holy Spirit, He wishes to go to? He and whoever He wishes to go too, they believe will know the true meaning the wind, for it will be a spiritual wind.

But the true Spirit is a being of light, and He is Person, those he come to, is not to sit down and have dinner, but to convict us from our sins.

John 16:7-9 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
of sin, because they do not believe in Me.

Or let say if a person that have some gifts of the Holy Spirit, the laying of the hands is to reserved the seed of the Holy Spirit, and as you should know, the seed, as the parable of sower , the word can take different effect on people, good and bad.
And I already see how some the word affects you

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
1 Corinthians 3:2-3 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; or you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

The Seven men
How can I reserve the Holy Spirit, two ways, as I said He comes as the wind, the second by finding one of the seven wise men?
But before I go any further, someone said I want the Holy Spirit

We read in Matthew 20:20-23 Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came to Him with her sons, kneeling down and asking something from Him.
And He said to her, "What do you wish?" She said to Him, "Grant that these two sons of mine may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on the left, in Your kingdom."

Matthew 20: 22 But Jesus answered and said, "You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?" They said to Him, "We are able."
Jesus, the cup He talking about, you may not able to drink
I fed you with milk and not with solid food;

Jesus when to pray
Matthew 26:42 Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done."

But for those who wish to be touch with Holy Spirit
Matthew 20: 23 So He said to them, "You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father."

The mother of Zebedee's and his brother, they couldn't drink the cup of Christ, no but they will drink the cup of the Holy Spirit just as you.

The Seven men
Acts 6:3-6 Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch,
whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.

Acts 6:3-4 (NLT) And so, brothers, select seven men who are well respected and are full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will give them this responsibility.
Then we apostles can spend our time in prayer and teaching the word.”

The Spirit of light is truth, there is no lie in him, and do not give him your lies, for he knows the hearts. Remember Moses said to God who am I, that you would asks of me to do such things, conscience of truth came before him.

To receive the Holy Spirit is be Conviction, condemnation for your sins
He the third person of the Godhead, meaning God, He can be God in anytime, He be Christ in anytime, and He is God the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit does just not go to any person, but who he chooses, more likely a sinner, God give to them, the same love, not just the good but the worse of man and only God knows that person heart, for God come for sinners, not for the righteous

Can a worse person be change? Yes, will he obey? Yes. Can you not see that God even change the ungodly? Yes he can do anything, I think I myself can’t see them; it doesn't work that way, just as the Holy Spirit dose not even have to say who He is?

The Holy Spirit is very quiet, those who have Him, are also quiet people.
People will be anger, jealousy, resentment, Strife, bitterness, hatred, and envy.
If you knew they are indwell by the Holy Spirit as the days of old
Luke 23:21 But they shouted, saying, "Crucify Him, crucify Him!"
Read Matthew 27:22-25

This type of people, or God calls them children of the living God, they are fill with the anointing of the Spirit.

This type of person has no anger, no jealousy, no resentment; no Strife, bitterness, no hatred, or envy, for the Spirit is light no darkness, He cannot live in such house meaning the body

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? f anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

He will destroy this type of person, so I guess He chooses wisely, to live in a type of person

Just the spirit say in John, you will never see me, because you do not know me, and this type of person, or as God calls them children of the living God,

They are may be very quiet, and loving people, they do not boast that they have the Holy Spirit, or try to say I HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT! It’s not for the world to know only that know He near by, and if the Holy Spirit wants the world to know He does not need any of us, we need Him, and I know you will not go to Him, but that day is coming.

So if I was you, but I not I would be very careful because He could be in your very living room, what a surprise that would be.

I told a friend and laugh, I imagine if He catches you with your pants down, meaning doing something you should not be doing.
He said I be sober and watching with one eye open and other full open I laugh and I'll sleep with pants on, LOL

In any case the Holy Spirit is not human, and it would be wrong to think so, for He is Light full of love very powerful and and ready to judge so don’t let Him see you with your pants down, enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 08:20 PM

I'm so sorry I had problem with my computer

Old 04-19-2015, 08:47 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Discerning of Spirits - Gift of the Holy Spirit

Old 04-20-2015, 06:42 PM

Gifts of the Holy Spirit enable us to live a holy Christian life. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are:
1. Wisdom - desire for the things of God, and to direct our whole life and all our actions to His honor and glory
2. Understanding - enable us to know more clearly the mysteries of faith
3. Counsel - warn us of the deceits of the devil, and of the dangers to salvation
4. Fortitude - strengthen us to do the will of God in all things
5. Knowledge - enable us to discover the will of God in all things
6. Piety - love God as a Father, and obey Him because we love Him
7. Fear of the Lord - have a dread of sin and fear of offending God

Old 04-20-2015, 09:43 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
The left eye is to guide the whole body, and the left eye is a person who died and became one with another person.

We are born with the fallen holy spirit of our husband Adam, and while we are betrothed to Jesus, a new husband, that marriage has not yet taken place, and the old husband is still present.

It is a struggle to move from one to the other.

The prize to overcomers is that they will become a spirit in the left eye of humans in order to lead them.

But the creature fell, and with the fall, the spirit falls.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:11 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
The Holy Spirit instructs and reminds with everything the son of man has said and is sent in his name. He does not speak on his own but he speaks what he hears and tells of the things to come, He glorify's the son of man by taking from what belongs to Him and declaring it.

"The Holy spirit whom the Father will send in my name He will instruct you in everything and remind you of all that I told you."

"When he comes the spirit of truth he will guide you to all truth, He will not speak on his own but will speak what he hears and tell you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you."

Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Gifts of the Holy Spirit enables us to live a holy Christian life. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are:
1. Wisdom - desire for the things of God, and to direct our whole life and all our actions to His honor and glory
3. Counsel - warn us of the deceits of the devil, and of the dangers to salvation

An excellent post and excellent thread

In Acts 5:[32] And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

If we truly desire to DO the will of God, He gives us the power of the Holy Spirit which enables us to DO the will of God. Jesus said in Luke 8[21] And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

We cannot say we are true followers of Jesus and continue to live a life of continual sin

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 04-28-2015 at 02:07 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 02:41 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Gifts of the Holy Spirit enable us to live a holy Christian life. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are:
You really need to read 1 Cor 13 because your so-called Gifts of the Holy Spirit contain things incompatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God. Fear casts out love and love is what God wants from us. Love casts out all fear and Christ is our SAVIOR so our salvation is NOT in our hands. It is finished by Christ. Your #6 and #7 are the recipe for a Godfather offer you can't refuse . . . NOT an offer from our Father God!. It says love and obey . . . OR ELSE! That is NOT of our Father God.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:50 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You really need to read 1 Cor 13 because your so-called Gifts of the Holy Spirit contain things incompatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God. Fear casts out love and love is what God wants from us. Love casts out all fear and Christ is our SAVIOR so our salvation is NOT in our hands. It is finished by Christ. Your #6 and #7 are the recipe for a Godfather offer you can't refuse . . . NOT an offer from our Father God!. It says love and obey . . . OR ELSE! That is NOT of our Father God.
I don't see anywhere in the scriptures where we read that Christ saves everyone. See Rev. 3:[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Neither Christ nor His Father force themselves on anyone against their will.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:57 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Don't we really believe that you either have the Holy Spirit or YOU DON'T?

And if you cannot tell if you do, well then, that is probably your answer..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity