Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 09:06 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
https://fb.watch/l0o_bMJtiQ/?mibexti...tTimeMs=125550

This isn't a song but it speaks to my spirit. Anyone else?

You'll have to rewind to beginning
I never could watch this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2023, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Trumpet Concerto in D Major, by Leopold Mozart (father of the more famous Mozart)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWMRRfNnErI
I dont always get classical music and sometimes I wonder if I am missing something. Thing is, I know just how different this song is between live and the interweb.On the tv or.phone its an ok deal, but I know if I were in a great music hall I would be crying. Still, I wonder if some people hear things I dont hear.

About 15 years ago I put the best part of Clair De lune as my phone ringer. Man, I cant take much of it, and damn sure not on wine, be slobbering lol. Mozart will filet you and put your hesrt on a table.

Old 06-11-2023, 03:10 PM

551 posts, read 190,318 times
And now for something completely different... LOL!

Rush is one of my two favorite bands, the other being Zeppelin. So much talent packaged in 7 people!

I always appreciated the Cygnus X-1 Duology. In my opinion it was pretty much the height of Neil Peart's more philosophically inspired lyrics and it took on different meaning for me after a certain experience. The content creator also did a fantastic job on the video. Very trippy!

Or through the Astral Door —
To soar…

https://youtu.be/cJzV0_SaV-k?list=PL...sok8T0lU4K1eEF

Plus I made shrimp scampi for dinner and I'm finishing up a glass of white wine and have the beginnings of a warm and mild buzz. Oh, did I mention I'm an astronomy buff?

Sagittarius A*, Type 1A Supernova, astrophysical jets, M13 (pretty sure that's the globular cluster in the vid), Pillars of Creation...

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy; 06-11-2023 at 03:30 PM..

Old 06-12-2023, 09:09 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOsqgbeEIhU

Old 06-12-2023, 06:13 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I dont always get classical music and sometimes I wonder if I am missing something. Thing is, I know just how different this song is between live and the interweb.On the tv or.phone its an ok deal, but I know if I were in a great music hall I would be crying. Still, I wonder if some people hear things I dont hear.

About 15 years ago I put the best part of Clair De lune as my phone ringer. Man, I cant take much of it, and damn sure not on wine, be slobbering lol. Mozart will filet you and put your hesrt on a table.
A grew up with a father who had an encyclopedic knowledge of classical music. We'd play a game where I'd put on an album, and he'd see how many notes it took him to " name that tune".
He was scary good. Me, not so much.
Played classical violin as kid. Our symphonies assistant concert master was my teacher.

I still love it. And yes, some will put me in awe of the composers brilliance. And bring me to tears.

Just don't ask me to " name that tune "

Old 06-12-2023, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
A grew up with a father who had an encyclopedic knowledge of classical music. We'd play a game where I'd put on an album, and he'd see how many notes it took him to " name that tune".
He was scary good. Me, not so much.
Played classical violin as kid. Our symphonies assistant concert master was my teacher.

I still love it. And yes, some will put me in awe of the composers brilliance. And bring me to tears.

Just don't ask me to " name that tune "
Realy cool story, sounds like a cool dad too, my dad was a professional gambler, well he owned a Borden's milk company but his life and passion was gambling. He kept records, people who lose dont keep records.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:30 PM

All my friends loved Rush but from the very start, if I heard 3 seconds of any of the songs, I would walk out of the room or bar. Above all sounds ever made, the worst are these," spoons clanking against bowls, the smacking of lips, and Rush. Somebody eating a bowl of cereal shouldnt send people in a rage, and being on the edge of violence because somebody is chewing gum is stupid, it makes sense to me only lol.

Rush, I have no idea why I hate them so much, no idea why it turned me crazy from the very beginning, just bad feelings, real bad.

Old 06-13-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
All my friends loved Rush but from the very start, if I heard 3 seconds of any of the songs, I would walk out of the room or bar. Above all sounds ever made, the worst are these," spoons clanking against bowls, the smacking of lips, and Rush. Somebody eating a bowl of cereal shouldnt send people in a rage, and being on the edge of violence because somebody is chewing gum is stupid, it makes sense to me only lol.

Rush, I have no idea why I hate them so much, no idea why it turned me crazy from the very beginning, just bad feelings, real bad.
Open mouth chewing! For me that's almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard.

Old 06-13-2023, 06:02 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:

I get that a little sometimes. It has something to do with sensory issues. I love music but certain songs seem chaotic to me.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2857...%20a%20broader

Old 06-13-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I get that a little sometimes. It has something to do with sensory issues. I love music but certain songs seem chaotic to me.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2857...%20a%20broader
I betcha it's Geddy Lee's voice.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy; 06-13-2023 at 06:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality