Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 03:46 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Religion - and especially spirituality - are to help enhance life; just like poetry, good literature, and great music.

This thread is more along those positive lines, unlike many of the neighboring threads, where dismal sour-pusses want to 'poison the waters' for everyone. They might ruin their own tiny worlds, but they're powerless to affect those of us beyond and above all of that.

Wishing you a great day. Peace

You too.

Let's all be a little bit kinder to one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 01:49 PM

529 posts, read 181,783 times
Welcome brother and thanks for allowing me to enter your circle. I am a solitary eclectic Christian/Wiccan/Shamanic witch and because of my background I have 3 very distinct ways to enter my Sacred Circle.

The Christian side of my rituals are the most informal and simple. I just close my eyes pray to Him and ask to walk by His side for a few to pay respects to His glory, His grace and His love. I do this as His servant, His daughter and as His friend. Sometimes during my prayers the Holy spirit of God comes to me and She is the most beautiful perfection I have ever seen. She gives me inspiration to see just how beautiful we can become if we can just catch a glimpse of Her love for us!

The Wiccan side of my sacred circle is the most fun of all and also the most peaceful to experience! It involves High Ceremonial Magick from my Irish Celtic roots and must be done precisely or I must suffer the great penalty for making a mistake in my Ritual! My punishment is laughter because I am only human and it is so much fun to be reminded that it's ok to make mistakes, to be human, to be so alive and free in a sacred space I created out of love. We humans are so hard on ourselves, but when you can learn to forgive the mistakes you make, you can learn to forgive the mistakes of others too! I am a kid in my sacred circle, full of awe and wonder of what an incredible Magickal place I am in where endless possibilities are only limited to the imagination of my mind. I have very formal rituals and spells during my casting of Sacred Circles that is always interrupted by my giggling when I mess up those important chants and spells ha-ha, but that is what makes my circle so special! My circle casting differs than most traditional Wicca circles because I never cast the circle around me, but I do cast it close to me where I will circle around it times 3 before I enter my church. I do this so when my spirit enters through the boundaries of my circle all negativity within my soul leaves my being to swirl outside my circle so I can have perfect love and perfect love in my church. I call upon the elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water to join my circle to make it pure. Although I don't invoke Goddess or God in my ritual all is welcome as long as they come in love and peace as they enter my circle.

"Earth, Air, Fire, Water we come together in love and peace"

"In peace we enter no hatred wars, in peace we stay as we talk some more, in peace we leave as once before, the peace within forevermore.

Are some of the chants and spells during my opening and cleansing of the Sacred space I temporarily opened for me to enter and it is just so much fun to feel the love flowing around me. Direction, location, and compass points of North, South, East and West are very important in my rituals because it is important for me to know where I am so I know where I need to go. The Wiccan sacred circle is the most formal and complex of the 3 circle castings I do but it is the most fun because I get to be a kid in the temporary Magickal world I created.

My final sacred circle is the most enduring one for me to perform. It comes from my Native American side where I sing songs of old and perform Folk Magick as Mother Earth is awakened! My circle is the entire Earth, the entire Cosmos where everything is Sacred and beautiful, have you ever felt what it's like to be a pure being while walking in a sacred forest full of life? Oh it's the most beautiful thing you can experience and it will empower you as well as humble you too. Sometimes I don't even have to cast a circle, because it is already there. I could be driving with some friends when suddenly I veer off the road and slam on my brakes as I run to the horizon. My friends are in total shock when they run up to me to ask "What's wrong sis !?!". I then have the biggest Smile on my face when I point to the setting sun and say "Isn't that the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?"

Well that is my circle and I'm so glad I got to share it with you too!

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 05-08-2023 at 02:05 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 04:00 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Welcome brother and thanks for allowing me to enter your circle. I am a solitary eclectic Christian/Wiccan/Shamanic witch and because of my background I have 3 very distinct ways to enter my Sacred Circle.

The Christian side of my rituals are the most informal and simple. I just close my eyes pray to Him and ask to walk by His side for a few to pay respects to His glory, His grace and His love. I do this as His servant, His daughter and as His friend. Sometimes during my prayers the Holy spirit of God comes to me and She is the most beautiful perfection I have ever seen. She gives me inspiration to see just how beautiful we can become if we can just catch a glimpse of Her love for us!

The Wiccan side of my sacred circle is the most fun of all and also the most peaceful to experience! It involves High Ceremonial Magick from my Irish Celtic roots and must be done precisely or I must suffer the great penalty for making a mistake in my Ritual! My punishment is laughter because I am only human and it is so much fun to be reminded that it's ok to make mistakes, to be human, to be so alive and free in a sacred space I created out of love. We humans are so hard on ourselves, but when you can learn to forgive the mistakes you make, you can learn to forgive the mistakes of others too! I am a kid in my sacred circle, full of awe and wonder of what an incredible Magickal place I am in where endless possibilities are only limited to the imagination of my mind. I have very formal rituals and spells during my casting of Sacred Circles that is always interrupted by my giggling when I mess up those important chants and spells ha-ha, but that is what makes my circle so special! My circle casting differs than most traditional Wicca circles because I never cast the circle around me, but I do cast it close to me where I will circle around it times 3 before I enter my church. I do this so when my spirit enters through the boundaries of my circle all negativity within my soul leaves my being to swirl outside my circle so I can have perfect love and perfect love in my church. I call upon the elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water to join my circle to make it pure. Although I don't invoke Goddess or God in my ritual all is welcome as long as they come in love and peace as they enter my circle.

"In peace we enter no hatred wars, in peace we stay as we talk some more, in peace we leave as once before, the peace within forevermore.

Are some of the chants and spells during my opening and cleansing of the Sacred space I temporarily opened for me to enter and it is just so much fun to feel the love flowing around me. Direction, location, and compass points of North, South, East and West are very important in my rituals because it is important for me to know where I am so I know where I need to go. The Wiccan sacred circle is the most formal and complex of the 3 circle castings I do but it is the most fun because I get to be a kid in the temporary Magickal world I created.

My final sacred circle is the most enduring one for me to perform. It comes from my Native American side where I sing songs of old and perform Folk Magick as Mother Earth is awakened! My circle is the entire Earth, the entire Cosmos where everything is Sacred and beautiful, have you ever felt what it's like to be a pure being while walking in a sacred forest full of life? Oh it's the most beautiful thing you can experience and it will empower you as well as humble you too. Sometimes I don't even have to cast a circle, because it is already there. I could be driving with some friends when suddenly I veer off the road and slam on my brakes as I run to the horizon. My friends are in total shock when they run up to me to ask "What's wrong sis !?!". I then have the biggest Smile on my face when I point to the setting sun and say "Isn't that the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?"

Welcome High Priestess! I have enjoyed both of your posts here in the CD forum today. Blessed be!

Old 05-16-2023, 03:19 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
[COLOR="Navy"] Welcome to all who have entered The Sacred Circle. I come with a heavy and joyful heart, I thank the creator for allowing me to celebrate my 304th season of life but my heart is heavy because I worry about what we have become as a people, I worry about all this hatred, animosity and division and is among us. I worry about the path that we are taking and what will become of us as a people. My thoughts are of those who have lost their lives in a senseless manner, the children that will never see adulthood and the people who will never fulfill their dreams. It saddens me to see these things happen. There is a divisiveness among us that has never been there before and I am sad to say that it seems to be very precise. We must learn to realize that regardless of the color of our skin, a religious beliefs or non-belief, our different languages and customs, that we are all the same, we are all children of the creator, we are all of one race, the human race.

My wish is that we all as a people come together to love and respect one another. Osiyo
[/color]

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-16-2023 at 03:43 PM..

Old 05-16-2023, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post

it is indeed an honor to have you step within the sacred circle, you are always welcome

Old 05-16-2023, 05:19 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
[COLOR="Navy"] Welcome to all who have entered The Sacred Circle. I come with a heavy and joyful heart, I thank the creator for allowing me to celebrate my 304th season of life but my heart is heavy because I worry about what we have become as a people, I worry about all this hatred, animosity and division and is among us. I worry about the path that we are taking and what will become of us as a people. My thoughts are of those who have lost their lives in a senseless manner, the children that will never see adulthood and the people who will never fulfill their dreams. It saddens me to see these things happen. There is a divisiveness among us that has never been there before and I am sad to say that it seems to be very precise. We must learn to realize that regardless of the color of our skin, a religious beliefs or non-belief, our different languages and customs, that we are all the same, we are all children of the creator, we are all of one race, the human race.

My wish is that we all as a people come together to love and respect one another. Osiyo
[/color]

Ptsum, I think my generation and our parents generation have made a right royal mess of things. However I have a great amount of faith in the generations coming up behind. In my option they are going to be one of the best generations of people the world has seen. They have grown up more accepting and more tolerant. They are environmentally aware. They care about their future. I'm sorry about the world we are leaving them but have great faith that they will turn things around. Have hope!

Old 05-17-2023, 01:43 PM

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain, stop waiting for the right time, time isn't waiting for you.

Old 05-18-2023, 01:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Hi and welcome here High Priestess!! xo

Old 05-18-2023, 03:15 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

My wish is that we all as a people come together to love and respect one another. Osiyo[/color]

The creator doesn't seem to care about his/her children.

Maybe Charles Darwin was right: there is no creator, and life is ultimately just chemical reactions competing for limited resources. It would explain a lot about the world as it really is.

Old 05-18-2023, 03:37 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The creator doesn't seem to care about his/her children.
Maybe Charles Darwin was right: there is no creator, and life is ultimately just chemical reactions competing for limited resources. It would explain a lot about the world as it really is.
When you figure out how mere chemical elements learned to "compete" for anything, let me know and I might consider that insanity more seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality