Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 05:26 PM

412 posts, read 137,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I come here because I have a great concern of what is going on in the world today, there seems to be a great deal of hate and discontent, people seem to be looking for any excuse to hate their neighbor, this is not right, this seems to be dividing us and that should not be. We are all children of the creator, we are all the same, the color of our skin may be different but deep down inside we are all the same and we should treat each other as equals and with respect. It's as if we're being infected with some kind of the disease that once to turn brother against brother, sister again sister, we must stop and take the time to listen and to hear what each other has to say.it is the only way we can survive. my wish is that we all come together as one.that is my prayer,
I agree. For some reason, there is a global sense of desperation. I believe a great number of people are worried about their survival and the survival of their offspring. I think they believe there is not enough resources for everyone. I do not worry about overpopulation because I believe the earth is like a fish aquarium in that it limits reproduction to its capacity. However, I do worry quite a bit about man-made pollutants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 05:44 PM

19,970 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
I agree. For some reason, there is a global sense of desperation. I believe a great number of people are worried about their survival and the survival of their offspring. I think they believe there is not enough resources for everyone. I do not worry about overpopulation because I believe the earth is like a fish aquarium in that it limits reproduction to its capacity. However, I do worry quite a bit about man-made pollutants.
I agree with you. Population growth or stagnation is a function of available resources, finances, levels of education, etc. World reproduction rates are leveling off now, as they've done before.

But there are plenty of other existential threats.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:07 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Peace be still.
Be still and know that I AM.

stillness and peace at the center of our Being.
stillness and peace at the core of who we are.

Old 04-18-2023, 08:44 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Sharing some prayer songs from the Native American Church.

https://youtu.be/fuXaOo3EgzE

Old 05-02-2023, 02:09 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
I'm missing TroutDude a lot around the forum. I thought I'd remember him here, because he liked this thread.
I re-started yoga a few weeks ago after a looong gap due to a frozen shoulder and just... life. I love it because of the opportunity it gives you to slow down and just sort of be at one for a minute, with the universe. That was how I thought of TroutDude - he always used to write about his connection with the critters that he fed everyday. I think he was at one with the universe for more of the time than some of us.

Thinking of TroutDude and the people in his life, and the animals he loved this afternoon.

Old 05-02-2023, 03:35 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
It's good that this got bumped. There's so much stupid negativity and teeth-gnashing among most of the posts / threads here - especially lately - but this one is pleasant and positive. That's really all I have to say for now. Carry on in peace.

Old 05-02-2023, 07:20 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm missing TroutDude a lot around the forum. I thought I'd remember him here, because he liked this thread.
I re-started yoga a few weeks ago after a looong gap due to a frozen shoulder and just... life. I love it because of the opportunity it gives you to slow down and just sort of be at one for a minute, with the universe. That was how I thought of TroutDude - he always used to write about his connection with the critters that he fed everyday. I think he was at one with the universe for more of the time than some of us.

Thinking of TroutDude and the people in his life, and the animals he loved this afternoon.

Old 05-03-2023, 04:51 AM

551 posts, read 190,318 times
My take is it's a circle of One without beginning or end, whether we know it or not.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:08 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Peace be still.
Be still and know that I AM.

stillness and peace at the center of our Being.
stillness and peace at the core of who we are.
This is good to remember.
Desperation and discontent originates in the mind and we project on to the world what we feel. The world remains what it is. How we interact with it is up to us. If we feel compassion and understanding we will also see it with compassion and understanding. The world is nothing other than the projection of our own mind. Wherever we go there we are.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:38 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Religion - and especially spirituality - are to help enhance life; just like poetry, good literature, and great music.

This thread is more along those positive lines, unlike many of the neighboring threads, where dismal sour-pusses want to 'poison the waters' for everyone. They might ruin their own tiny worlds, but they're powerless to affect those of us beyond and above all of that.

Wishing you a great day. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality