Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 PM

610 posts, read 3,015,063 times

Advertisements

Anybody ever live there? If so, what did you think about the town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,961 times
haha..i didnt live there but my family grew up and i got my daughters name out of the grave there..well it was a family name too..but i found it there. as far as i know the town is slow, lazy and not productive. If it wasnt for the people feeling like they have to pitch in it would be a ghost town. one of those towns you stop to get gas and that's it. we do have a family reunion outside it about every 3 years and its a neat place to have one...we can rock climb and see wildlife..but as for living there..I just can't imagine why?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:20 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I love the area west of Boise City near the NM border.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Boise City is in Cimarron county. I read onetime there is not a single traffic light in the whole county.

Cimarron County is the only county in the United States that borders on four states: Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Texas. As a result, Cimarron County is the only county in the United States to border five counties from five different states (one from each of the four aforementioned states, plus one in Oklahoma).

Also Cimarron County is the only county in Oklahoma that has two time zones. Kenton Oklahoma is in Mountain Time Zone.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Boise City is in Cimarron county. I read onetime there is not a single traffic light in the whole county.
There are indeed no stoplights in the county. Not even a flashing light. The main intersection is Boise City is a roundabout going around the courthouse.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM

11 posts, read 43,106 times
Yeah I grew up in Guymon and have family near there. I like the country life and love getting to visit and hang out for a week and go pheasant hunting out there. But, Amarillo is the closest city and that is 2 hours away. If you don't mind the "laid back slow moving country life" it's a great place. nice people there, but not for me.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Any current Boise City residents (or anyone living in the country between Boise City and Clayton) who can give an overview of this town? How is it doing? Is it stable, declining or growing? Are there any crime issues? Any new employers setting up there or within 50 miles?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Why the fascination with Boise City? Because it's so remote and far away? I've been through Boise City several times and was not well impressed. Guymon, in the next county to the east, looked to be a more livable place since it was a considerably bigger town.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:11 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why the fascination with Boise City? Because it's so remote and far away? I've been through Boise City several times and was not well impressed. Guymon, in the next county to the east, looked to be a more livable place since it was a considerably bigger town.
It is one of the towns of a certain size within a certain distance of I-25. Does that answer your question?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,542,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccawright32 View Post
haha..i didnt live there but my family grew up and i got my daughters name out of the grave there..well it was a family name too..but i found it there. as far as i know the town is slow, lazy and not productive. If it wasnt for the people feeling like they have to pitch in it would be a ghost town. one of those towns you stop to get gas and that's it. we do have a family reunion outside it about every 3 years and its a neat place to have one...we can rock climb and see wildlife..but as for living there..I just can't imagine why?
Lazy? How do you figure that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma