Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:28 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times

Advertisements

I've been to Lamar before. It's much more up to my speed, since it has a Wal-Mart and a McDonald's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 07:37 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,437,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecitysucks View Post
Lived in Boise city for a bit. These people are the slowest dumbest people around. The people who live there stay forever and everyone is related. Definitely inbreeding going on. They live to eat. There are tons
of fat asses walking around. They bastardize the english language. Fixin to, over yander. It is beyond ugly in this town. The cops are retards. The only thing they are catching is a steak dinner. The whole state of
oklahoma is bassackwards. Everything you hear about oakies is true. No wonder they had to give the land
away in the beginning. This state should be stopped from having children. There are enough of these
dumb asses running around. This state should be made into a landfill for the rest of the united states.
People in Boise City praise themselves as being bible thumping christians. All they do is sit at the restaraunts feed their fat corn fed asses and talk **** about people. Bunch of hipocrits. The nosiest people I have ever met in my life. Lloyd Coble is the nosiest ******* in this town. He is a little midget know it all.
Then There is Mark Axtell what a dick. This town eats stupid for breakfast everyday.
You joined this forum only to make the above post. How funny. And you talk about other people being dumb!

Old 05-14-2016, 11:55 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,943,367 times
Boise City also gets the most snow in entire state of Oklahoma. Is 4X4 vehicle recommended for winter, because I only have 4X2. How thick the snowfall it gets?

Old 05-15-2016, 11:21 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,626 times
I have driven through the panhandle a number of times going to New Mexico or Colorado including just last summer when we actually stopped in Boise City. The town is barely a blip on the map, it's really tiny. The main "city" for the panhandle is Guymon and it's really small as well. The panhandle is isolated, dry, desolate, flat, nearly treeless and almost devoid of people. It's the size of Connecticut with only 28,000 people. The only city of any size at all near Boise City is Amarillo, TX which is still two hours away. The only jobs are going to be crap jobs at factory farms or meat packing plants. Guymon and Boise City are poor and run down and would be dying if it weren't for the growing immigrant population working those crap jobs. I would strongly urge anyone thinking of moving there to go there before doing so.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:31 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
I don't remember Guymon being as poor and run down looking as Idabel, OK. Anyway, it's amazing how people want to bring up the worst towns in Oklahoma.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:54 PM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
You joined this forum only to make the above post. How funny. And you talk about other people being dumb!
I looked into the quoted post. He hasn't been online since.

He's done!!

Old 05-15-2016, 08:23 PM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
Stayed at the Townsman Motel in Boise City several years ago. Was visiting a high school buddy who lives in Del City, didn't feel like driving I-70 to I-35. Decided to angle through SE Colorado and then hwy 64 east. Price was good, friendly folks.

My dad knew that area all too well. He grew up in Enid and befriended a couple guys who lived in Boise City who got the hell out of there.

Good reason for it. If you've never seen the 4 hour Ken Burns PBS special on The Dust Bowl. well you should. And Boise City was right in the middle of it. The historians refer to Boise City as "Ground Zero." Dad went through there when he moved to Ft. Morgan, Colorado during the worst of the drought. The pictures he gave me of the town at that time were absolutely jaw dropping. Wish I still had them.

City Data's stat page on Boise City lists the population at 1168. I couldn't find any listings regarding property for sale on Realtor.Com. Am pretty sure you could buy a place for a deal and a half.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:02 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,943,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Good reason for it. If you've never seen the 4 hour Ken Burns PBS special on The Dust Bowl. well you should. And Boise City was right in the middle of it. The historians refer to Boise City as "Ground Zero." Dad went through there when he moved to Ft. Morgan, Colorado during the worst of the drought. The pictures he gave me of the town at that time were absolutely jaw dropping. Wish I still had them.
From what I've read, the Dust Bowl was man-made and accidentally created by humans (us), due to poor agricultural practices back then, and I don't think it should be counted as a natural disaster. We're smarter now, and it won't happen again in a lifetime. But if Boise City is prone to receiving mini dust bowls or big dust storms in future, kindly let me know.

Also, an atomic bomb during World War II was dropped accidentally into the city. Again, another random of facts not caused by mother nature. I'm unsure whether Boise City leads the title as a safe-haven city in Great Plains with fewest natural disasters in central United States. Not just fewest tornadoes alone, but it also receives fewest hails. Snow is a different story, more amount than Guymon, OK.

Last edited by waltchan; 05-16-2016 at 03:14 AM..

Old 05-16-2016, 04:00 PM

17,779 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
From what I've read, the Dust Bowl was man-made and accidentally created by humans (us), due to poor agricultural practices back then, and I don't think it should be counted as a natural disaster. We're smarter now, and it won't happen again in a lifetime. But if Boise City is prone to receiving mini dust bowls or big dust storms in future, kindly let me know.

Also, an atomic bomb during World War II was dropped accidentally into the city. Again, another random of facts not caused by mother nature. I'm unsure whether Boise City leads the title as a safe-haven city in Great Plains with fewest natural disasters in central United States. Not just fewest tornadoes alone, but it also receives fewest hails. Snow is a different story, more amount than Guymon, OK.

Not an atomic bomb. Just a mock regular bomb. It is sitting (or at least was) sitting on the northeast side of the courthouse as a display.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:33 PM

24,281 posts, read 13,134,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Not an atomic bomb. Just a mock regular bomb. It is sitting (or at least was) sitting on the northeast side of the courthouse as a display.

Correct. A B-17 crew mistook the lights of the square as the target. For that reason (among others) conventional practice targets on a weapons/bombing range must be illuminated at night with a distinctive pattern.

After all the comments about Boise City not having tornadoes, there was one nearby this week. Very photogenic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6iIdj6IYso
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma