Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 02:16 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
No transportation?

Of course but I am an hour from OKC or Tulsa. I would rather stick to my county. There are a lot more vaccines available than a month ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 02:23 PM

24,480 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Of course but I am an hour from OKC or Tulsa. I would rather stick to my county. There are a lot more vaccines available than a month ago.
Free for all in Mustang as of last Thursday.

Old 03-27-2021, 11:25 PM

48 posts, read 74,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
CNN did not make those Bouse City people look bad. They made themselves look bad.
why? Because they don't trust the vaccine? Kinda intolerant of you

Old 03-28-2021, 05:55 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
why? Because they don't trust the vaccine? Kinda intolerant of you
Not to get political here but there are lots of people in the african american community that also are leery of the vaccine as are Orthodox Jews. CNN could film them with the same gotcha questions and made them look silly but that would never happen. This was simply CNN saying look how dumb these Trump voters are.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:49 AM

6,789 posts, read 9,337,164 times
I remember when Kamala Harris expressed skepticism about the vaccine during the Vice Presidential debate - but of course it was “ok” to feel that way then.

Nobody really takes CNN seriously.

I want to check out Black Mesa State Park sometime soon. I’ve never been to the Oklahoma panhandle, but I’m looking forward to going, INCLUDING maybe a stop in Boise City. I’m sure it will be just fine.

Old 03-28-2021, 03:50 PM

57 posts, read 57,747 times
On another Boise City topic, several years ago the news reported about a group of Warren Jeffs' fundamentalist, polygamous Mormon cult moving to Boise City. Jeffs is doing hard time now for child molestation in the context of an underage marriage, although he still tries to control the cult from the calaboose. That crew used to have their home turf in a little community on the UT-AZ border but kind of dispersed after some of the underaged brides quit the cult and talked to reporters and Jeffs got in legal trouble. I found this old article below about the flap. Also, I thought I read somewhere once that another group of them had moved to Clayton to the dismay of some locals there. There have been claims that Jeffs' cult has tried to legally take over town governments in some little towns by moving in and then voting their people into office in low-turnout elections. Does anyone know whether Jeffs' people are now much of a presence in Boise City?

https://www.oklahoman.com/article/50...homa-panhandle

Old 03-28-2021, 10:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigeleer View Post
On another Boise City topic, several years ago the news reported about a group of Warren Jeffs' fundamentalist, polygamous Mormon cult moving to Boise City. Jeffs is doing hard time now for child molestation in the context of an underage marriage, although he still tries to control the cult from the calaboose. That crew used to have their home turf in a little community on the UT-AZ border but kind of dispersed after some of the underaged brides quit the cult and talked to reporters and Jeffs got in legal trouble. I found this old article below about the flap. Also, I thought I read somewhere once that another group of them had moved to Clayton to the dismay of some locals there. There have been claims that Jeffs' cult has tried to legally take over town governments in some little towns by moving in and then voting their people into office in low-turnout elections. Does anyone know whether Jeffs' people are now much of a presence in Boise City?

https://www.oklahoman.com/article/50...homa-panhandle
No. Anyway, people have been moving out of Boise City at an alarming rate. In 2010 the population was 1,266. In 2019 it had dropped to 1,085. I don't blame people for leaving. Who wants to live in a town too tiny to have a Wal-Mart? If you stay, you'll be living with a bunch of backward people who strongly opposed Oklahoma having legal medical marijuana and expanded Medicaid. But then for full self closure, I may be spoiled from coming from a town that has two super Wal-Marts plus a neighborhood Wal-Mart and easily approved of legal medical marijuana and more Medicaid, even down to my precinct!

Old 03-28-2021, 10:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

I want to check out Black Mesa State Park sometime soon. I’ve never been to the Oklahoma panhandle, but I’m looking forward to going, INCLUDING maybe a stop in Boise City. I’m sure it will be just fine.
I have been in the far western Oklahoma panhandle before. Besides the rising buttes, driving up the highway to Colorado it was peculiar to see that fences no longer lined the highway. If you love McDonald's, stop at Guymon for that. Guymon is the only town in the panhandle that isn't tiny.

Old 07-12-2023, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
You live there?
I lived in Boise City

Old 07-13-2023, 07:29 AM

1,397 posts, read 675,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No thanks. That place is so pitifully small that it can't have so much as a Wal-Mart or McDonald's. I'm used to living in a town with two Wal-Marts and two McDonald's and a lot more stuff.
It isn't a real town without two of each, plus a couple of 7 Eleven's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma