Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times

Advertisements

Hold on. You were doing not too awful bad mouthing Boise City, until then you had to throw in the whole state of Oklahoma. That was a stupid thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I love the area west of Boise City near the NM border.
That's about as remote out in the middle of nowhere as it comes in Oklahoma. Driving through that odd looking butte country with no fences on either side of the highway is weird, especially around dusk.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,292 times
This is a ridiculously old, dug up thread...

I lived all 4 of my high school years in Boise City. My parents still live there. Not much there sadly. Probably won't ever be.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 AM

17,779 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
This is a ridiculously old, dug up thread...

I lived all 4 of my high school years in Boise City. My parents still live there. Not much there sadly. Probably won't ever be.
How or why anybody over the age of 18 is living in Boise City against their will is the big mystery.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
How or why anybody over the age of 18 is living in Boise City against their will is the big mystery.
Being born and raised there and becoming a homebody would be the only way I could understand it.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 AM

69 posts, read 128,308 times
I don't know why but I've been wanting to go to Boise City and Kenton just for a visit. The geographical features are a lot different (I'm from Tulsa where it's fields and hills lol), so maybe that's why. Plus I like to travel.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:49 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,392,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsy11 View Post
I don't know why but I've been wanting to go to Boise City and Kenton just for a visit. The geographical features are a lot different (I'm from Tulsa where it's fields and hills lol), so maybe that's why. Plus I like to travel.
It fits in more with NE NM and South Central CO than the rest of OK. It's actually not unthinkable to catch an easy weekend or a long day on the NM ski slopes from there.

Some definite positives in my book.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:30 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,943,367 times
Boise City is safest city in Oklahoma with fewest tornadoes and farthest city away from Rocky Mountains with fewest tornadoes again. I do wish more people move here if their old house got struck by a tornado in central Oklahoma.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Boise City is safest city in Oklahoma with fewest tornadoes and farthest city away from Rocky Mountains with fewest tornadoes again. I do wish more people move here if their old house got struck by a tornado in central Oklahoma.
No thanks. That place is so pitifully small that it can't have so much as a Wal-Mart or McDonald's. I'm used to living in a town with two Wal-Marts and two McDonald's and a lot more stuff.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:18 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,943,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No thanks. That place is so pitifully small that it can't have so much as a Wal-Mart or McDonald's. I'm used to living in a town with two Wal-Marts and two McDonald's and a lot more stuff.
Land itself is extremely desirable to live, not the population desire. I'm looking for the safest Great Plains city without any natural disasters, and the only ones come up are La Junta, CO, Lamar, CO, and Boise City, OK. Guymon, OK was close, but gets 2 times more the risk of tornadoes and hails than Boise City, OK. I know Liberal, KS is the place to be, and tiny-bit better than Garden City, KS, but neither one is a safe-haven for me.

Risk of tornado index in Oklahoma (Boise City ranked #795/#797 most-dangerous):

http://www.usa.com/rank/oklahoma-sta...e+City&hlst=OK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma