Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 03:53 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,989 times

Advertisements

Wow!! We're getting a nice thundershower here in Duncan. The rain is really coming down. It may not last too long, but it sure is welcome. It really smells wonderful outside right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
In Stillwater there was just a brief shower only enough to wet the streets and sidewalks.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,345,689 times
Were still experiencing drought here in SE OK. At least in my area. I got twice as much hay as last year but still 1/2 of the normal amount. Thank the good Lord I have enough to feed the cows this year but I am getting tired of this agriculture business with this drought. I've lived in OK now for 14 years and up to last year never fretted too much over how much hay I was going to get. Time to retire!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 PM

Whew, it's surely been the hottest day of the year in much of Oklahoma. Like here in Stillwater it's been up as high as 106. Hopefully, for some relief, the storms now in Kansas can get down here without dying out or bypassing us.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,989 times
I hope you get some rain, StillwaterTownie. Down here in southwest Oklahoma things are really turning yellow and brown. There's not a cloud in the sky, and my thermometer reads 106 degrees right now.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:43 PM

986 posts, read 2,510,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Whew, it's surely been the hottest day of the year in much of Oklahoma. Like here in Stillwater it's been up as high as 106. Hopefully, for some relief, the storms now in Kansas can get down here without dying out or bypassing us.
Maybe your famous Senator will finally take notice of global warming. Or would half the nation need to be baking and on fire for that to happen? That guy should be recalled for all the time he's wasted ignoring the evidence and going on witch-hunts after intelligent people.

But next winter, when evaporation of water (which increases with more heat) creates heavy snows in some areas, the same mindless stuff will get repeated. It seems impossible to convince deniers that most record snow is moisture-driven, not a case record cold. It just needs to be cold enough to freeze H2O.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,345,689 times
I pray for rain. This is our second year with the drought but not as bad as last year. At least I can confirm with the amount of hay I get. Last year wasn't much at all but had a lot of carry over from the year before. This year was half as normal. Dear CA-North. This is called weather nothing political about it.[/color]

Old 07-19-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
Maybe your famous Senator will finally take notice of global warming. Or would half the nation need to be baking and on fire for that to happen? That guy should be recalled for all the time he's wasted ignoring the evidence and going on witch-hunts after intelligent people.
As corrupt as politics can be, I'd far sooner hear what a scientist into meteorology or climatology, which Sen. Inhofe is not, has to say about climate change or global warming. For all I know, Sen Inhofe is standing up more for corporate special interests, rather than the science. If voters won't vote him out, that's just too bad.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:56 PM

A strong thunderstorm, apparently not severe, pictured as it approaches Stillwater from a county away as of 5:45PM, 7/19/2012

Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM

410 posts, read 342,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I sure miss snow and I hate heat which seems to be Southeast Oklahoma's only weather Hot and Hot. Of course when it does change, it brings tornadoes. You weather guys must love that! This last summer I studied the weather daily hoping one of the storms would come my way and fill a pond or two so I wouldn't have to water cows all day long....

Please do not tell me about ice storms, can't take another one of those.
If the seasons are "HOT and HOT," you shouldn't be having ICE storms.

Be truthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma