Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:02 AM

27 posts, read 48,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
It's only a 10-15 minute drive from Murrells....personally, I would go for the bigger lot. You will kick yourself for living too close to someone.

I don't live in MC, just visited a bunch of times (movies, lunch, the apple store, and other shops)...it is a great little "city within a city". But I think those homes are only about 15 feet apart there. Maybe they have other homes that I don't know of??
Where in Murrells inlet are you looking?? That's where I live.
I'm looking at some areas off of Tournament Blvd within the International Gold Course. This is where I found the same exact home that I found in MC for $40k less and it was on a bigger lot. The fact that I was able to find the same exact home and do an "apple-to-apples" comparison of the home is what made me question whether the $40k premium for the Market Commons lifestyle was worth the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy1S View Post
We love EP, we were lucky, we have a lot that is almost a 1/2 acre. We waited almost 2 years for the lot to open up, but once it did we jumped on it. Our house is a center house in a cul de sac. The houses on both sides of us were angled away from us, so we have privacy & they aren't too close to us. But, then both sides have houses going straight down in a line, right next to each other.

Everyone here has been so nice & welcoming. So far we love the area & we feel like we are "10" minutes away from anything. (Besides MC which is right here!).

Our neighbor on one side of us has downsized, they had an acre & a larger house, he said it has been a little of an adjustment, but he is happy he made the move from NC.

Good luck in your search.
Very nice. It sounds like your patience paid off. You're right, aside from the advantage of living near MC the area there is also close to a lot of things we like to do as well. We also have family and friends on the north end of the strand and the further south we go the less we'll see of them. Many of our friends and family that live on the north end still go to places like the Grand Strand Mall and Market Commons so if we live near MC we would probably see them a lot more. However, MC is about as far south as those folks are accustomed to going.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:41 AM

538 posts, read 1,009,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigYellowHat View Post
I'm looking at some areas off of Tournament Blvd within the International Gold Course. This is where I found the same exact home that I found in MC for $40k less and it was on a bigger lot. The fact that I was able to find the same exact home and do an "apple-to-apples" comparison of the home is what made me question whether the $40k premium for the Market Commons lifestyle was worth the price.
I live about a mile away from there. To me, it's a no brainer....40K in your pocket, and more room between houses. You will find that the area has enough places to shop, eat, go to movies, as Market Common does.
Good luck in your search... keep us updated.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
I live about a mile away from there. To me, it's a no brainer....40K in your pocket, and more room between houses. You will find that the area has enough places to shop, eat, go to movies, as Market Common does.
Good luck in your search... keep us updated.
Where is that area a mile from MC that has all those things? Maybe I've missed it somehow.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:13 PM

7 posts, read 7,983 times
I looked there as well. Stopped at a model home for one of Beazars new gas community. I can't get over the prices when all is said and done if you build your own. I don't like anything that is for sale. Plus the fact that it is so close to the airport.
I think i am going to search Murrells Inlet. I want the best bang for my buck with the biggest hard possible and best upgrades.
My problem is a want a very social community and it's hard to tell till you actually move in.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:18 PM

174 posts, read 258,277 times
SC here I come, yes, we're in CT, the western part of Fairfield County. We've been here our whole life. It is a little strange to leave the place that's home, but we are ready for a change. This will be our last move, unless something crazy happens. We love CT, but the COL and the rough winters are 2 good reasons to leave. Property taxes are not as high as NY, but at $1,000/mo, well, I say for what? A house that is too big, inside and out. Keeping up with cleaning, maintenance and yard work takes up too much of our time. And we're at an age where things don't get easier. We've worked all our life and now we want to play, hence our move. I'm thankful to all on this forum who are "educating" my senior brain. I will continue to ask questions as we go through the decision making process.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:29 PM

174 posts, read 258,277 times
KB-CM, agree that we all want "the best bang for the buck". I've noticed (not in person, but in my online searches) that the prices of new homes has increased in Myrtle Beach in the past 10-12 months. Some upgrades that were included in the base price are now considered "extra". I feel the same way about the social aspect too. I guess you really don't know until you move in. Is the community friendly and "social" OR is the community friendly but people stay to themselves? It seems like new homes are going quickly, at least some of them are. And it seems every time a community is sold out, another one is started. It makes me wonder if there is any room for negotiating??? I'm sure we will learn a lot next week.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:59 AM

810 posts, read 1,184,720 times
We moved to Market Common last fall and we LOVE it! It is exactly what we were hoping for all the years we were looking at various places for us to make our next move. We live in Emmens Preserve, so there is no negotiating with the prices. Everything is included so there are no upgrades. Many people then add certain things like alarms, or enclose the lanai. There is enough to do without feeling like I'm on a cruise ship. HOA fees are very reasonable. I enjoy the get togethers on Thursdays (Thirsty Thursday where you bring an appetizer and socialize with neighbors) There was a luau in May, free bar-b-q on the 4th of July, one for Memorial Day. We bike ride all over MC. Very close to the beach and MB State Park. 10-15 minutes to Murrells or to the Bdway on Beach area. All in all, a GREAT decision for us. BTW, yes, it is cookie cutter with small lots. Just what we wanted though. Less to take care of. Best of luck in youre search. It's an exciting time when you make the move!

Old 07-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralvr View Post
We moved to Market Common last fall and we LOVE it! It is exactly what we were hoping for all the years we were looking at various places for us to make our next move. We live in Emmens Preserve, so there is no negotiating with the prices. Everything is included so there are no upgrades. Many people then add certain things like alarms, or enclose the lanai. There is enough to do without feeling like I'm on a cruise ship. HOA fees are very reasonable. I enjoy the get togethers on Thursdays (Thirsty Thursday where you bring an appetizer and socialize with neighbors) There was a luau in May, free bar-b-q on the 4th of July, one for Memorial Day. We bike ride all over MC. Very close to the beach and MB State Park. 10-15 minutes to Murrells or to the Bdway on Beach area. All in all, a GREAT decision for us. BTW, yes, it is cookie cutter with small lots. Just what we wanted though. Less to take care of. Best of luck in youre search. It's an exciting time when you make the move!
Thank you. This is exactly what I envision life there being like and hearing from someone that is actually living it is a big help. It's a lifestyle that I believe is totally unique to the Grand Strand so comparing the homes to other homes in the Grand Strand is truly comparing "apples to oranges". The home I'm considering there has a walking path that I could take and be at the Grocery Store, the Barnes and Noble bookstore, the movie theater, etc. in a matter of minutes. My kids would be a bike ride away from baseball, soccer fields, and an indoor gym for year round basketball. There's definitely a value to all of those things that can't be measured in square footage.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:37 AM

538 posts, read 1,009,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigYellowHat View Post
Where is that area a mile from MC that has all those things? Maybe I've missed it somehow.
Ooops...I thought you were referring to International Golf course area in Murrells Inlet. I live about a mile away from there....NOT a mile away from Market Common. Sorry for the confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area