Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:56 PM

42 posts, read 55,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentraveler View Post
SC here I come, I'm glad you are so happy in Murrells Inlet. We are looking for a single family home (one level), 3 BR, 2B, about 2000 sq. ft, in the price range of $250,000 to a max of $300,000 (preferably the lower end!). We would like a new home, or one that's "close to new". Would like city water and sewer, near a state park, with a low HOA. We have not visited Murrells Inlet but will next week. We want to be in a safe, friendly neighborhood and would like to meet people and enjoy our retirement. Don't need an "activities director", if you know what I mean, but would like opportunities to meet people. I've done so much reading and research and have talked to as many people as I can about "southern living", but I have so much more to learn. This is a big decision for us. I don't know enough about Murrells Inlet, or any other area along the Grand Strand, for that matter to know where to concentrate our efforts. But I'm sure we'll have a good visit and will seek out areas from Little River down to Murrells Inlet. Willing to hear your suggestions and recommendations.
You could be describing my spouse and I--we will be relocating in the MB area within a year. We want to be close to his parents so are focusing on the northern end, mostly Little River.

Our problem is: we like some of the new construction going up, but the lots are very small (Example, Cypress Village). We also have concerns about golf club communities for fear that the large supply of golf clubs will result in clubs closing the courses, selling the land and resulting in homes ending up next to shopping centers. And last, we're concerned about crime.

Residents, what are you thoughts about these concerns?

Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 11:08 AM

27 posts, read 48,472 times
Smile Market Common it is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigYellowHat View Post
Well finally, over a year later we are moving to Market Commons....sort of. We sold our house in Longs and will be temporarily renting a place in MC. We are going to treat it as a "test run" of the area before we make our decision on where to purchase. I'll chime back in to let you know what I think of the area in a few months. Thanks for all the feedback.

After spending the last few months looking at all sorts of areas: Conway, Carolina Forrest, Murrells Inlet, etc., etc., etc. we decided to buy in Market Common. We decided on new construction and our home will be ready by late May/early June.

There's just not another place like it around here, IMO. Close to everything, yet tucked away. Plenty to do from going to the movies, restaurants, bookstore or a bike ride around the park. New Years was simply amazing. We went to Tupelo Honey Cafe restaurant for dinner, then outside to the town square to enjoy the festivities and watch the ball drop. Then we watched the fireworks show and walked home. The New Years eve event was definitely one of the bigger events they put on at MC but since we've been here (4 mths) there have been several smaller events that we have enjoyed as well.

One of the biggest things that sold me on MC was its location. Minutes away from 544, business 17, bypass 17, 701 (Socastee area), and 501.

We gave up on some things important to us like lot size, and the houses here are more expensive but in the end I think we will definitely come out ahead because we are enjoying life as much as we ever have since moving down to SC 14 yrs ago.

Well got to go now. My friend wants to meet for lunch at Toffino's Italian Deli. Great place for sandwiches if you're ever in the Market Common area.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM

174 posts, read 258,214 times
BigYellowHat, you expressed my feelings about Market Common perfectly. We moved here one month ago and we are very happy here. You are right that there is not another community quite like this one. Yes, there are many other really pretty places to live along the Grand Strand, but this area offers so much. The convenience of shopping, restaurants, movies just steps away is a plus. The easy access to Rtes 17, 544 and 501 helps you get to anywhere you want to go. Last year when visiting, we enjoyed a free concert at Market Common and now that we are permanent residents, we are looking forward to many more events close to home.The park is a wonderful place to walk and the people we meet are very friendly. And MB state park is about 7 minutes away. Beautiful place. Yes, living on a tiny lot is definitely a compromise, especially since we were used to an acre. But now that we are here, the proximity of the houses to one another is not even an issue. As it turns out, we feel comfortable being close to neighbors and having a sense of community. I have no doubt that we will continue to be happy here for many years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area