Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 10:02 AM

676 posts, read 720,631 times

Advertisements

Is Myrtle beach a safe place to retire?

I'm specifically looking at Emmens Preserve. Has anyone heard of that community? My close friend has been there and highly recommends it.

I am currently in south Florida and the traffic and rudeness is getting to me. I was thinking one last move to the Carolinas for that southern hospitality would be great.

Any advice?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 01:05 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,698,831 times
I currently live in Emmens Preserve and love it! The people are very friendly and the proximity to Market Common is great. There are a variety on neighborhood groups if you want to join in, and no one will pressure you to join if you don't care to. Since almost everyone is from somewhere else it is easy to met people and make friends.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:16 PM

Thanks you for your reply. Is emmens preserve in a safe area of myrtle beach? I'm looking for an affordable, safe, friendly place.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:25 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,698,831 times
As with any community this size there will be issues. As far as safety goes, I have no qualms riding my bike or walking after dark. We have had instances of things being stolen from porches ( caught on camera), but these are rare. And there was the incident when a group of kids stole some mailboxes (they were caught). If you go to spotcrime.com and type in Essex Way, Myrtle Beach you will see the reported crimes for the area. Also if you use Trulia, when you find a house you can see the crime map lower down on the page.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:26 PM

Thank you retire in MB. I will check it out.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,715,833 times
That is a nicer area in this region. As with any place in this day and time you may encounter "unfortunate" incidents, but there is not much in the way of violent crimes in that area.
Come visit for a few days and check it out.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:54 AM

174 posts, read 257,582 times
MarbleCake, we moved here a month ago and live in Park Place, a new Beazer community about 1/2 mile away from Emmens Preserve. We know several people who have lived in EP for 2 years and love it. We also feel safe and comfortable where we are. This whole area is nice. Of course, something could always happen at any time any where, but for now we are enjoying the friendliness of our community. Best of luck as you make your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area