Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:34 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,834,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junepharm6 View Post
...I moved to NMB for the opportunity to dance the Carolina Shag at least 3 nights a week....
Bless ya, darlin'. I can't think of a better reason. On many occasions, we have regretted moving to the south end rather than the north end for that same reason. We've got tix for the Band of Oz in G'town this week, but we rarely ever get any decent beach music bands down our way. A real shame, considering the history of Pawleys and the old Pawleys Pavilion. How was SOS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 08:29 PM

422 posts, read 487,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Whatever. Are you kidding me. If you cannot take a joke or understand it to have some fun then you might as well hide in the closet or something.
ude about what? You just said you dont go to the beach so it does not pertain to you at all.

Smile, it is nice to be happy and not so frozen.

Just dont take my conch shell or sand dollar from me.

Lighten up and have some fun..
Your joke was quite frankly dumb. Then you claim that what starts off with "Those who dont go to the beach need to get out of the way" doesn't pertain to people who don't go to the beach. Oh ok...

What's with your incessant need in telling people what to do?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
Locals use a toothbrush, the rest of us use a teethbrush. :P
Teeth brush?? Never heard a toothbrush called that before and spellcheck did not recognize it either. I had to separate it to get rid of the little wavy red line.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:12 PM

253 posts, read 470,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Teeth brush?? Never heard a toothbrush called that before and spellcheck did not recognize it either. I had to separate it to get rid of the little wavy red line.
Okay, folks, I'm not going near this one!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:24 PM

538 posts, read 1,009,194 times

Old 09-24-2013, 06:44 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,326,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Your joke was quite frankly dumb. Then you claim that what starts off with "Those who dont go to the beach need to get out of the way" doesn't pertain to people who don't go to the beach. Oh ok...

What's with your incessant need in telling people what to do?

What in the heck are you talking about?

Take the joke or dont post about it if you cannot get it like all the others.

Easy lesson for you.

If you are never close to the beach or ever go at all then it would not pertain to you now would it? If you just to stroll along one of the access areas one day knowing you want to go to the beach and stand staring at all of the others who are enjoying the natural beauty of the ocean and beach you will more likely be standing in the way of those who actually enjoy it.

Nuff said, dont think you will understand much anyway.

You have been told by others that you MISSED THE JOKE. Deal with it and move on.

Take a stroll along the ocean. Great relaxing thing to do early morning or late evening. Stunning and beautiful as well.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:32 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,720,499 times
FOLKS!!!!! Calm down!

JEEEZE.....what's all the defensiveness about?? This is a place to have opinions and share/exchange them; we are all entitled to do that. Please don't start taking this message board down "that path" where nobody can say a darn thing without getting jumped on, chewed up and spit out....

Those of us lucky enough to live here count our blessings; after a while we'll be "locals"...the reason we came to be here won't matter one lick. 10 years down the road we'll all be wondering what happened to the old Pawleys, and there will still be some greenhorn out there who envies our paradise as they see it, never having known it as we do.

And PD, I've got a gator for you if you're looking for new 'friends'....there is a huge old guy that hangs out at Pawleys Plantation of late easily 12 feet, maybe 15. A majestic old soul.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:36 PM

460 posts, read 989,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
10 years down the road we'll all be wondering what happened to the old Pawleys,.......
I'm wondering that, now.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Take the joke or dont post about it if you cannot get it like all the others. Easy lesson for you.If you just to stroll along one of the access areas one day knowing you want to go to the beach and stand staring at all of the others who are enjoying the natural beauty of the ocean and beach you will more likely be standing in the way of those who actually enjoy it.
I didn't miss the joke, I simply thought it was dumb and senseless. The beach access is virtually part of the beach, people who don't go to the beach are not going to be randomly strolling in a beach access, Einstein. People who don't go to a gym are not randomly strolling in the gym entrance area. People who don't hike are not randomly strolling in a trail access. In other words people who are not going to be in the area you like to go are not going to be in your way so that's what makes your joke dumb. Btw, the "others' you speak of was one person which is singular, not plural. The word you're looking for is "another" not "others."

Quote:
Take a stroll along the ocean. Great relaxing thing to do early morning or late evening. Stunning and beautiful as well.
Maybe for you, but meh. What I find relaxing is being nude in my home. Mirrors everywhere, so not only is it relaxing to not be constricted by clothing, the views are stunning and beautiful.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post

Those of us lucky enough to live here count our blessings; after a while we'll be "locals"...the reason we came to be here won't matter one lick. 10 years down the road we'll all be wondering what happened to the old Pawleys, and there will still be some greenhorn out there who envies our paradise as they see it, never having known it as we do.

Natives who have been living in Pawleys since the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, etc have been wondering that since the first big wave of transplants came to the town. What you call "Old" Pawleys is actually "new" Pawleys to people who have been in the area for generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area