Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:38 AM

8 posts, read 34,975 times

Advertisements

You haven't found anyone hostile because you're ALL transplants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,787,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindl View Post
You haven't found anyone hostile because you're ALL transplants.
My neighbors are born and raised here and I would say more than half the people I've met are from here.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 PM

272 posts, read 730,903 times
As long as you're IN Myrtle Beach the "transplant" issue probably won't come up at all. Even farther inland in Horry County it should be minimal.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you choose to live in a far inland rural community. THEN people will talk about you. The losers who can't get jobs will claim that you're taking theirs and they'll gripe about school taxes going up. Never mind the increased revenue that you bring.

The only legitimate gripes will be about traffic, which if you are to be residents will not be your fault.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:17 AM

45 posts, read 71,494 times
I'm torn between Carolina Forest and Surfside Beach. What is the opinion between the 2 with a daughter entering 11th grade? St. James or Carolina Forest? Of course we'd like to be near the beach since moving to the beach, from Delaware! Thanks.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
In my eight years of coming here, I have always found the people wonderfully friendly.
To the point of greeting you as you come and go from areas.......
To stopping to chat.... or .........inviting you to join them.
Its just a very friendly place........full, full, of happy and nice people.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:44 AM

7 posts, read 38,272 times
I moved here in Oct. BIG MISTAKE. Don't get me wrong I love the ocean but that only go so far. Jobs here like every where are bad. No real work with good pay. Constuction trades are 10.00 per hour. Most work around here are 7 to 9 dollars an hour. Rent is unreasonable here. A 2 room, not bedrooms, is 550 a month. Food and clothing are high too. I came from Ohio and it is double the cost to live here as there. The propery tax stinks too. You may own your car but you still have to pay property tax every year on it.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 AM

543 posts, read 2,365,840 times
I think most of the people who are looking for answers regarding hostility do not even realize that they are being hostile towards others themselves.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM

Take a ride through all of the small inland towns with an Obama sticker on your car and see if you still think so.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:14 PM

67 posts, read 195,625 times
As I'm also considering a move, I've been lurking through the SC forums. Every poster that I believe to be credible has said everyone is nice to them in SC.

The only other credible-- or remotely reasonable-- statement I've heard is "they're nice to your face, but talk about you behind you back". Where I live, people are rarely nice to your face, so either way I'm upgrading to a nicer class of people.

The only hostile people that seem to exist in SC are some people posting on this forum. Frankly, I don't really blame them in some cases, because people from the north posting here say some pretty derogatory things; probably unintentional, but when you sit back and read some of the things people post, they bring the wrath upon themselves. Innocent questions maybe.. but I think most of us from the north need to work on the whole brain-mouth thing.. or brain-keyboard in this case..

I've always found that you get what you give.. If you're nice to people, they will be nice in return. I don't think SC is in some other dimension where this does not hold true.. Maybe I'll find out for myself sometime within the next year...

Old 01-27-2009, 06:35 PM

It was a trick all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area