Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:44 PM

55 posts, read 735,749 times

Advertisements

Sorry, Im not trying to offend anyone that lives in SC, but there were so many rude people in Myrtle beach, is there a reason for this?

I have read on here several others have said the same thing. Is it possible they dont want people moving there? We went to look for a house there but considering other areas beacuse everyone was so rude....I thought the south was suppost to be friendly? What is going on there...

Last edited by hello47; 10-11-2007 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 03:23 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,020,096 times
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Perhaps its the amount of people who've moved into Myrtle Beach recently. Perhaps they're just fed up with tourists, or perhaps you just met some very awful people. I've never had a problem with rudeness when I've visited Myrtle.

Come to Charleston, it's only 2 hours South. I promise I'll be super nice.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:30 PM

55 posts, read 735,749 times
Thanks so much for your reply. I think your right, maybe they are fed up with tourists. I don't blame them . It just seemed like almost everyone was in a bad mood there, so I guess we took it as rude...

We heard so many nice things about SC, we were hoping to find a house there. I will look into Charlseton too, Ive heard its beautiful there Thanks !!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Thanks so much for your reply. I think your right, maybe they are fed up with tourists. I don't blame them . It just seemed like almost everyone was in a bad mood there, so I guess we took it as rude...
It is rude. I guess that answers my question about where the better beach towns are in SC. I don't want to end up in Myrtle Beach just to have a repeat of the trashiness that's here in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:52 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Sorry, Im not trying to offend anyone that lives in SC, but there were so many rude people in Myrtle beach, is there a reason for this?

I have read on here several others have said the same thing. Is it possible they dont want people moving there? We went to look for a house there but considering other areas beacuse everyone was so rude....I thought the south was suppost to be friendly? What is going on there...

You didn't run into me, I'm always nice I don't know I honestly have never had a problem. Lots of transplants here these rude folks can be from anywhere. I did have a rude cashier at Kroger in Carolina Forest and she has a Pa. accent.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I did have a rude cashier at Kroger in Carolina Forest and she has a Pa. accent.
Ahh I can't get away from it!

Old 10-11-2007, 07:59 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Ahh I can't get away from it!
Yes they are all down here What's up with those Pa. people? I have family in Phili and we will be visiting on Thanksgiving.......Lord help us

Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Yes they are all down here What's up with those Pa. people? I have family in Phili and we will be visiting on Thanksgiving.......Lord help us
Yes but knowing native Pennsylvanians,they won't stay long and probably can't wait to get back to their home

Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Probably because most of the people that live in Myrtle Beach moved there from the New England area or Ohio

JK, sort of, but I wish you had a more enjoyable experience. I've never had a bad experience in MB.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:28 AM

543 posts, read 2,364,373 times
Hey, I live in Myrtle Beach and I'm just as nice as can be!
We do have some rude people here, but I've only ran across a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area