Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:22 AM

38 posts, read 145,742 times

Advertisements

Well, some people may have the idea that acting friendly is a weakness,so they may act cold as opposed to voluntarily saying Hi or Hello when you pass each other.

These people may be from a region where it is not the custom to talking to strangers.

I find, for example, people in Lowes or other stores will say excuse me if they walk in front of you when they see you are looking for something on a store shelf.
In other areas I have noticed people may not notice that they are blocking you view. Everyone is different.

If I make eye contact while approaching someone I will many times nod or say hello or Hi.

I have seen much more of this here in SC.

So many people you see here are from out of town, so they have their own ways of acting. Just like some people will never say, excuse me, when they bump into you.

As a rule you get what you give.
Smile and act polite and usually thats what you get back.

We are not on this earth for very long, so make your stay as pleasant as possible.

You would hate to get to heaven and find out that have to spend the rest of eternity surrounded by the people you treated badly while you were alive. BUMMER

Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 07:23 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,476,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterslaw View Post
If I make eye contact while approaching someone I will many times nod or say hello or Hi.
As a rule you get what you give.
Smile and act polite and usually thats what you get back.
I've had somewhat the opposite where I am,I've tried many times being 'nice' and have been just dismissed with a cold response so I just stopped trying.
Shame. Real shame.
I hope to get to somewhere someday where there is some niceness left

Old 11-04-2007, 04:48 AM

218 posts, read 1,463,063 times
Myrtle beach gets invaded twice a year by bikers. I am one of the invaders. We have ALWAYS had a good time and met NICE people, but I do imagine that the locals get very tired of their usual 10 min commute taking over an hr when these rallys take place. When we go, we choose to "explore" in the morning because it is just crazy busy on the roads come late morn. early afternoon. There is 1 rally in the spring and 1 in the fall. The 1 in the spring can actually keep bikers in town for up to 3 weeks.
..................Rude people are everywhere...........but............ so are kind people.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:52 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,083,086 times
I would love to see the bike rally. Forget the whiners, Harley's rule. Imagine what the people in Sturgis must feel like.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Sorry, Im not trying to offend anyone that lives in SC, but there were so many rude people in Myrtle beach, is there a reason for this?

I have read on here several others have said the same thing. Is it possible they dont want people moving there? We went to look for a house there but considering other areas beacuse everyone was so rude....I thought the south was suppost to be friendly? What is going on there...
my best guess is that a bunch of people from here moved there.
they do it here too but they all wear hawaiian shirts so its ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area