Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 PM

737 posts, read 1,656,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Yes but that tends to be the exception more than the rule.
I don't know maybe its just me then? After growing up in SC people typically seem just as inconsiderate as you average "New Yalker", because I have never experienced the "southern hospitality" that so many speak of. From my experience people in the mid-west, and west seemed alot friendlier than the average southerner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,482,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
I don't know maybe its just me then? After growing up in SC people typically seem just as inconsiderate as you average "New Yalker", because I have never experienced the "southern hospitality" that so many speak of. From my experience people in the mid-west, and west seemed alot friendlier than the average southerner.
Maybe it's just SC then? Someone should probably do a thread about the friendliest southern states. From what I've observed so far,most of the states don't go out of their way to be friendly but they'll be cordial. It seems alot of the people are kind of 'reserved' or guarded,perhaps it's something that's still left over from the civil war. A trust thing possibly.
In my experiences in the south though I did notice that places like SC,GA,and AL seem to be more serious or harder edged than the other states. Maybe because VA and NC are more watered down with implants that the hardcore locals possibly became less visible and also those places just started to accept the northerners are coming

Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM

882 posts, read 3,539,511 times
momof2dfw:

Sadly Michael Scott Argabrite passed away on Sept 20th after a bought with cancer.
MyrtleBeachOnline.com | 09/30/2007 | Life Story: Teacher left lives changed behind him (broken link)

Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,963,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
momof2dfw:

Sadly Michael Scott Argabrite passed away on Sept 20th after a bought with cancer.
MyrtleBeachOnline.com | 09/30/2007 | Life Story: Teacher left lives changed behind him (broken link)
Oh that's sad. It seems the people that make the most impact on this planet are always taken too soon.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 AM

168 posts, read 695,202 times
Y'all realize there are rude and friendly people everywhere, right? Maybe the 3 people the original poster ran into in Myrtle Beach were just having a bad day? Or maybe they're just jerks. I grew up in the mid-west, now live in SC. I know plenty of jerks in the mid-west and I've met a few here in SC. I also know plenty of friendly, nice people in both places.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 AM

1,028 posts, read 3,084,789 times
RUDENESS IS NOT REGIONAL, NOR CAN BE DEFINED BY GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION! I have lived in AL most my life, and there are rude people here. I have lived in VT and there are rude people there. My mother is from IL and there are rude people there. I have family in NJ, where my wife grew up, and there are rude people there. I have family in CA, GA, TX, FL, WI, SD, LA, AK, DC, MA...Guess what, rude people there too. In addition, I have travelled extensively around the UK, Europe, Canada and South Africa. Not much different. That being said, there are also very unrude people. Different personalities will melt in this great pot we call America, spawn, and move outward and onward like salmon. In my experiences I have found that often when I think somebody is rude it is usually due to a misunderstanding, miscommunication, personality differences, they might be having a bad day, I might be ultrasensitive, my expectations might be too high, or they just simply do not like me.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:04 PM

45 posts, read 78,012 times
I think there are rude people everywhere too, but on a recent trip to MA I was blown away by the rudeness. The hotel, the cabs, the resturants, all full of rude people! My husband is from MA and had lived there for over 20 years and he was even shocked. I loved my visit to Boston but was glad to get back home! I am from NC and live on the SC coast now and I find that this is a very pleasant place to live. I have had a few rude people cross my path here, both from the north and from the south, but I am still happy to call it home.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 PM

Sure there are rude people everywhere,but it depends on where that it's more the exception than the rule.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:52 PM

45 posts, read 78,012 times
I agree StuckPA...I bet you experience it more than I do and I am sorry for that. I live in such a small coastal town, it seems like most people here are pretty happy most of the time, but, they are mostly retired people. (They can get pretty testy at time though- I have been told off a few times in the parking lot after I guet a space or my parking job is being "judged" by a retired person usually from NJ, NY or MA....Go figure) I can hold my own though even if I am originally from NC. :-)

Old 10-25-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin'Pawleys View Post
I have been told off a few times in the parking lot after I guet a space or my parking job is being "judged" by a retired person usually from NJ, NY or MA....Go figure) I can hold my own though even if I am originally from NC. :-)
That's the other thing also,people need not be rude to get their point across.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area