Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 04:36 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The words “import” and “export” relate to the movement of goods and services from one country to another to be sold…not human beings via legal immigration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
I read the article and missed the part where it was revealed what state or country they grew up in. I'm not sure why these people cannot be born/raised Minnesotans. Other than Native Americans, no race can claim Minnesota as where they came from.
Here in the Twin Cities, a handful of unelected bureaucrats are gearing up to impose their vision of the ideal society on the nearly three million residents of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro region. According to the urban planners on the city's Metropolitan Council, far too many people live in single family homes, have neighbors with similar incomes and skin color, and contribute to climate change by driving to work. They intend to change all that with a 30-year master plan called "Thrive MSP 2040."

Thrive MSP 2040 is part of a nationwide movement called "regionalism." Regional planning of infrastructure is important, of course. But regionalism, as an ideology, is about shifting power away from local elected officials and re-engineering society on behalf of "equity" and "sustainability." According to regionalist guru David Rusk, author of the book "Cities Without Suburbs," federal programs that promote regionalism should strive to produce "racially and economically integrated and environmentally sustainable regions."

While minority residents have been streaming into the Twin Cities' suburbs for the past 15 years, the Met Council wants to make sure there is a proper race-and-income mix in each.

Katherine Kersten
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 07:18 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Here in the Twin Cities, a handful of unelected bureaucrats are gearing up to impose their vision of the ideal society on the nearly three million residents of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro region. According to the urban planners on the city's Metropolitan Council, far too many people live in single family homes, have neighbors with similar incomes and skin color, and contribute to climate change by driving to work. They intend to change all that with a 30-year master plan called "Thrive MSP 2040."

Thrive MSP 2040 is part of a nationwide movement called "regionalism." Regional planning of infrastructure is important, of course. But regionalism, as an ideology, is about shifting power away from local elected officials and re-engineering society on behalf of "equity" and "sustainability." According to regionalist guru David Rusk, author of the book "Cities Without Suburbs," federal programs that promote regionalism should strive to produce "racially and economically integrated and environmentally sustainable regions."

While minority residents have been streaming into the Twin Cities' suburbs for the past 15 years, the Met Council wants to make sure there is a proper race-and-income mix in each.

Katherine Kersten
I’d love to hear what your vision is for MSP.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:52 AM

1,465 posts, read 623,547 times
Quote:
Democrats and the left are flat out telling you that they intend to 'darken' up the white suburbs with affordable housing.

They've been using Section 8 housing to racially diversify city neighborhoods and small towns for years. They now have the suburbs in their sites.

They also created laws in many places to include a certain percentage of 'affordable' housing in any new housing developments.

It's all good as long as it isn't next door to them ...

It's no secret.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Democrats and the left are flat out telling you that they intend to 'darken' up the white suburbs with affordable housing.

They've been using Section 8 housing to racially diversify city neighborhoods and small towns for years. They now have the suburbs in their sites.

They also created laws in many places to include a certain percentage of 'affordable' housing in any new housing developments.

It's no secret.
The implication is that places can be/are "too white" - ergo, white people are bad, and places that are "too white" are horrible places.

That's about as Hitler-like as you can get. Can you imagine someone saying a place is "too black" or "too Mexican" or "too Asian"?

Nope. And it isn't right in any way when they say a place is "too white". Normal people know this; decent people know this. But we allow this genocidal rhetoric and behavior by people that aren't elected (Met Council) to go on unchecked.

As always, I like to point out that our horrible Winter weather will always be our wild card. Most people - most minorities and LOTS of whites - just don't like living in the Winter in MN. So that will always be the curveball in this equation, down the road. So we really don't know how their sick vision will play out.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Not this:

Quote:

The Met Council is our regional government, but its 17 unelected members never have to face the voters. Gov. Mark Dayton appointed them all, and they serve at his pleasure.

The Council was founded in the mid-1960s to plan for efficient delivery of regional services — in essence, to make sure that roads and sewer lines meet up. Mission creep has been escalating for some time, but under Dayton, the overreach has reached a crisis point.

The Thrive plan is a power grab that will impose intrusive, top-down controls on 186 municipalities, neutering the power of local elected officials. The plan — wrapped in vague and noble-sounding goals — imposes a host of new, ideologically driven criteria for municipal development that will give the Council the raw power, unchecked by elected representatives, to dramatically remake our region.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:

It's no secret.
You seem to be assuming that all non-whites are poor and all whites are rich. That isn’t exactly how it works. Meanwhile there has been a growing shortage of affordable housing. I’m not exactly advocating for the housing market to be heavily regulated by the government. At the same time I see increasing the supply of affordable housing in the Twin Cities as a good thing as it helps meet the growing demand.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
You seem to be assuming that all non-whites are poor and all whites are rich. That isn’t exactly how it works. Meanwhile there has been a growing shortage of affordable housing. I’m not exactly advocating for the housing market to be heavily regulated by the government. At the same time I see increasing the supply of affordable housing in the Twin Cities as a good thing as it helps meet the growing demand.
Maybe we should stop importing tens of thousands of people who need "affordable housing" from places like Somalia or Liberia if we don't have enough of it for our own needy citizens. What a novel idea.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:01 AM

1,465 posts, read 623,547 times
Quote:
You seem to be uneducated about what demographic uses Section 8 the most.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
You seem to be uneducated about what demographic uses Section 8 the most.
According to government reporting white people use 78% of available public housing in the state of Minnesota. Blacks use 12% and Hispanic/Latinos use 4%, Asians 4% and Native Americans 3%.

https://pic.hud.gov/pic/RCRPublic/rcrstate.asp

Old 07-06-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
According to government reporting white people use 78% of available public housing in the state of Minnesota. Blacks use 12% and Hispanic/Latinos use 4%, Asians 4% and Native Americans 3%.

https://hudapps.hud.gov/public/picj2...=false&count=0
If that is true (and I don't believe for half a second that this statement is accurate - your link doesn't work, but I will try to Google myself and see what I can find), then why does the Met Council make it about race?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota