Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 PM

250 posts, read 696,400 times

Advertisements

South Beach was a dump back then. Full of old people and the homeless. Some of which still exists but no one talks about. I went to many of those clubs when I was young. The 80s was a great time for diverse music so I could go from Manhattans, to Fire and Ice, to The Button, to The Slameo err... I mean The Cameo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:38 AM

6 posts, read 28,761 times
The saddest eulogy of that era is-"it was what everybody thought they were---and then the the cocaine and narcissistic hangover ran dry---and the people were broke, depressed, and mentally naked as a jay-bird"! The era of arrogance and bullets blew out of the city about the time Griselda and her cowboys "came off their horses". Easy money and disrespect of human life always has its consequences. Even for the United States today---party time is o-vahhh! The movers and shakers of that era-I knew well, and they still band together in their little rich holes of corruption-but I know where they came from-and their "respectable jobs and families" are a joke----it never changes in the lack of moral quality-it can't BY NATURE! That era was a nightmare to work during, and the clients needed watching more then the crooks-because they were one-and-the-same. No respect, and mean belligerence-sums it up, folks!

Last edited by RANDRAND; 01-30-2011 at 07:47 AM..

Old 01-30-2011, 07:58 AM

When you see events like what is happening in Cairo, Egypt--it makes you wonder how America did not slip into anarchy much sooner after a decade of debauchery and stupidity. All that consumption of wealth (REAL AND IMAGINED) and self-aggrandizing dancing in the mirrors-wasted time and efforts that could have solved some of the deep poop we find ourselves in as a country. We use power to suppress the masses, and one person does not respect another. The city nearly blew away with Hurricane Andrew-and I am sure,as years go by, that this was God's way of saying----NOT SO FAST-YOU HAVE A DAY OF CONTRITION COMING.....Look at Egypt, with it's treasures looted-and see what is in the wind----could be coming to a country near you----The Revolution

Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 AM

It is a-mazing that people break their backs-for decades, only to be ignored and put down-and then are denied any benefits of retirement or care or compassion. If you think these violent outbreaks and domestic rampages are isolated or contained---you are sadly mistaken. This is what shakes out when a country disrespects it's people and they are rendered as lost in the population. You had best get used to saying eulogies on the news-because the revolt against the have's-and have-nots will break wide open. You will see infernos--but not at the discos! Nobody will have "Sweet Dreams"-so that is the name of that tune! You spent 20 years in a mind-bubble. Just an illusion and delusion. See the pyramids a-long the Nile.......ohhhh,whoa.......

Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 AM

psssst-I am not a religious freak, or Egyptian sympathizer----but it is the heralding of what I envision as a worldwide revolution of events that zero in on the wealth disparage and corruption of our time. In bad times, the corrupt find prey and exploit them mercilessly -and this leads to a backlash of unimaginable consequences. I never got into the disco era jive-was working for nickles and dimes day and night. Now the money is backing revolution-we have the means to either protect the nation, or take it down to the bare bricks. The choice-as always-is yours. Work together, in peace---or perish in flames like Egypt. It is the old message that KLATU gave in the movie-"The Day The Earth Stood Still"-think well, think about the issues-the day draws near-----

Old 01-30-2011, 08:25 AM

All delusional things must end............

Old 01-30-2011, 08:26 AM

Leave the night-light on in Cairo-----ooops-----the night-light i-s Cairo---yikes!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,494 times
Default Coconut Grove

can anyone tell me what the name of the bar in Coconut Grove, it was owned by Jan Harold. it was one of the best bars there in the 80s

Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I miss Baja Beach Club and Martini bar in sunset place

Old 07-27-2012, 01:48 PM

513 posts, read 961,530 times
Wasnt in Miami Beach in the 80's/Miami Vice heyday.

Fast forward to the mid 90s, you had Liquid and Bar Room. Would routinely see Super Models and A list celebrities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami