Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 12,346 times

Advertisements

To Wardhog...I used to work at Whistler's Cafe in the 80's., the place was the BEST for hanging out. Upstairs and Downstairs bars and huge dance floor with GREAT local bands...I miss that era., and the people. Did anyone know the staff back then or used to work there...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 12,346 times
Red face Whistlers Cafe and Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARDHOG View Post
How about Whistlers in the Cutler Ridge Mall? What about Hooligens on US 1 near UM. Then there was Norm's Hide Out Sports lounge near BMW South and Big Daddy's

Used to work at Whistlers - when did you go there...

Old 09-03-2009, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 6,101 times
Hey all! Does anyone have photos of the club Manhattans? I am working on a documentary and really would love to have some shots from the club (exterior shots most importantly).Moderator cut: Advertising If anyone can help or point me in the right direction let me know!! Thanks!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:00 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
I never knew there was a disco on 107 and Kendall. I will look for that in my 1981 phone book. The Casanova's I remember as being next to Hialeah Lanes, a place I was often at on the weekend. Their sign had a world globe logo on it. The building was replaced by a lousy strip of stores and a Walgreens.

I knew a friend who had gone to "Manhattan's" and returned at a later date to find it had become strange. It was then "club O'zone" which was a gay club and he was very disgusted by being hit on by guys. It was demolished in 2008 as UM bought the property and wanted it gone.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:22 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,966 times
Club O'zone was THE BEST! Yes, a bit raunchy, but fun. Always some sort of drink special going on. The cover, if there was any, was affordable. Boy do I miss that place.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
I remember Iguana Cantina and the original Martini Bar at the Streets of Mayfair in cocowalk, coconut grove. Y-100 would always broadcast live from there either Thursday, FRI or SAT night....I remember meeting Jade Alexander there once. The music was awesome....the memories priceless. Next door to Iguana Cantina was the the Martini Bar....HUGE powerful martinis. Very trendy place. And then of course Wet Willies on the same floor. Ahh....the 90's

Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM

199 posts, read 475,875 times
Yes, I also remember Manhattan's and O'Zone. Manhattan's was mainly a black club. Had a nice groovy vibe. O'Zone was fun too. 2 for 1 drinks on Saturdays all night, good music and close to home.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:20 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
I was even brave enough to visit "club O' Zone" twice in my life, once as a dare among friends and another time with a gay friend. It was pretty much a run-down place painted mostly black inside. The entrance was on the north side, behind Anthony Abraham enterprises offices. There was also a food stamps office in the same center. I was asking my gay friend if he had any pics and he told me there were some in the gay bar guides. He may still have a bunch so I can take a look. When Uncle Charlie's homo bar closed down he told me about the pinball machine in the trash pile, which I fixed and still have. I think O'Zone was for men only, except on lesbo night so I doubt it would have been much fun. I know that the place was boring to me and after my friend got some action I just drove home. I don't drink alcohol but once every few years so there was nothing exciting about the place. To my knowledge O'zone used to often have no cover charge. The recording they had on their phone answering machine was hilarious with the fruity voice acting all excited.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 PM

199 posts, read 475,875 times
Can't imagine O'Zone would have been much fun for a straight guy! I have more straight friends than gay friends and so I go to many regular bars and clubs. I am more relaxed at those places since I don't need to impress anybody but as the night progresses I have to escape and head to one of "my" places. Regarding Uncle Charlies, more of a hardcore pick-up bar. I was a minor when I went there and was a little scary for me.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 10,781 times
Anybody remember Level 3? It was by the airport and there was another club that was awesome in Miami Beach, an old theater converted into a club, that place was unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami