Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM

419 posts, read 999,264 times

Advertisements

Cool video!

Miami & South Beach Night Tour - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,321 times
I haven't been downtown at night for at least ten years. This was a nice visual, but it would have been good if maybe you had stopped at some places and videoed them.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:32 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,900,498 times
Miracle Mile and Coral Gables, plus maybe Coconut Grove, would have made a nice addition to this. The best view of the city is driving past it at night on 836/I-95, which you couldn't really see here - it's a lot of blue and pink lights on modern rounded buildings, surrounded by water. Unfortunately, the person driving in the video also contributed to what is described almost unanimously as one of the worst aspects of Miami - aggressive driving. They rapidly passed nearly every car on the road, obviously going nowhere near the speed limit, and doing a considerable amount of weaving. Too bad people can't slow down and enjoy the nightlife and scenery they are purportedly on the road to look at in the first place.

Please people, when you visit SFL, sit back, relax, and enjoy the tropical life! Chill out, there is no need to drive fast, you probably don't have a big business meeting to get to. If you did, you'd already be in Brickell, safely parked in your company's employee garage for the day. Enjoy a slower pace of life and the scenery around you, so all of us can get home relaxed and safe.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:33 PM

836 posts, read 1,032,560 times
I'm so excited to go here for LDW!!

Old 05-21-2014, 04:35 PM

179 posts, read 325,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
Miracle Mile and Coral Gables, plus maybe Coconut Grove, would have made a nice addition to this. The best view of the city is driving past it at night on 836/I-95, which you couldn't really see here - it's a lot of blue and pink lights on modern rounded buildings, surrounded by water. Unfortunately, the person driving in the video also contributed to what is described almost unanimously as one of the worst aspects of Miami - aggressive driving. They rapidly passed nearly every car on the road, obviously going nowhere near the speed limit, and doing a considerable amount of weaving. Too bad people can't slow down and enjoy the nightlife and scenery they are purportedly on the road to look at in the first place.

Please people, when you visit SFL, sit back, relax, and enjoy the tropical life! Chill out, there is no need to drive fast, you probably don't have a big business meeting to get to. If you did, you'd already be in Brickell, safely parked in your company's employee garage for the day. Enjoy a slower pace of life and the scenery around you, so all of us can get home relaxed and safe.
The car in the video isn't going as fast as it looks. The video is sped up quite a bit (I noticed that when I was watching some of the pedestrians), which makes it look like they're driving more aggressively than they are.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:37 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,900,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl5112 View Post
The car in the video isn't going as fast as it looks. The video is sped up quite a bit (I noticed that when I was watching some of the pedestrians), which makes it look like they're driving more aggressively than they are.
No, I know the video's sped up, but if you watch it, you'll see the car pass very quickly (as in several car lengths compared to the rate of other drivers) past every other car on the road. It also weaves around every car, frequently changing lanes without leaving significant room between itself and the other cars - left around the car just before it gets to it, immediately right again in front of the car, left again around another car... wherever it has to go to keep driving without stopping or slowing down. You can also tell it doesn't slow down when traffic is stopped in front of it until only about 2 car lengths before the traffic, meaning it has to make quick stops. If any of those cars had had to stop short unexpectedly, there would have been an accident when this car rear-ended them. I am going to make a wild guess here because I see these kind of drivers all the time in Miami, and say they're probably also not using a turn signal for all that weaving. Even though the video is sped up, you can tell by the weaving, and also the speed of this car in relation to all the others on the road, that this is poor and aggressive driving - and for what - all for a video they want to post on YouTube? Common sense and priorities missing...

But still, a nice idea to see the city at night, just wish they could drive appropriately at the same time - it proves exactly the best and worst of Miami in the same video.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,480 times
Smile Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfside__ View Post
cool video!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqdm_0tnkzw]miami & south beach night tour - youtube[/url]
i loved the video, it brought back some memories. I know it has changed a lot. I lived there most of my life but i left in 1989. It was really hard to leave and get used to a new life in the spaceport area in cocoa, close to where the shuttle goes up. Wow! What a difference.....
Thank you for posting this great video.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,139 times
Great vedio. U passed about 20 places or more that I have partied or promoted shows and still party at. Do you shoot music vedios?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami