Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,318,662 times

Advertisements

Long Island is absolutely beautiful. But unfortunately have to follow the paycheck and benefits. NY my whole life but job takes us to Va-now to Mo-no ocean,beach-how depressing-older kids won't even move.
DKVA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 05:00 PM

10 posts, read 50,456 times
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VINNYF View Post
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wheres da pix?

C

Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,655,543 times
LICVB_tour

Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM

LICVB tour is wonderful! Home sick native LIER
DKVA

Old 11-14-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
LICVB tour is wonderful! Home sick native LIER
DKVA
Where ya at?

Whyd ya go?

Whaddya Miss?

Any old pix?

C

Old 11-15-2007, 04:06 AM

Right now just west of Richmond,Va. My husband was part of the Pru Sec/Wachovia merger 3 years ago. The biggest thing we miss is the east end, the closeness to Moriches Bay and Dune road. We would buy wonderful egg sandwiches on the weekend and go sit on the bulkhead over looking the bay in East Moriches.(Can't get good Kaiser rolls here! and to see the ocean is 2 hours away in Va beach-certainly a far cry from cupsogue) I miss the smell of the salt air that sometimes I could smell in my Manorville back yard. He misses fishing on the Rosie boat out of Center Moriches.
By no means though is Va horrible. Even being 20 minutes from Richmond there is alot of open space. We live in a large planned community and have cows just up the road plus every store and eatery 5 minutes away but not in our back yard.
We don't miss the taxes,traffic on the LIE. Moving here we tripled our home space for the same amount of money(still miss our little ranch with a basement though). The biggest thing my husband doesn't miss is the LIRR and the 2 1/2 hour commute 1 way! Now he is 10 minutes.
Unfortunately, now another relocation. Wachovia has bought AG Edwards and part of the deal is that the corp headquarters must move to St Louis.I guess were very lucky that my husband was offered a job. There are no jobs at his salary here-even though he mentions calling old colleagues in NYC there is no way he can do that commute that he did for 25 years.
Have plenty of old (print) LI pictures sitting in photo boxes not ready for uploading.
Now another move or should I say an adventure but can't even have a reasonable drive to the ocean in St Louis!
DKVA

Old 11-15-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Right now just west of Richmond,Va. My husband was part of the Pru Sec/Wachovia merger 3 years ago. The biggest thing we miss is the east end, the closeness to Moriches Bay and Dune road. We would buy wonderful egg sandwiches on the weekend and go sit on the bulkhead over looking the bay in East Moriches.(Can't get good Kaiser rolls here! and to see the ocean is 2 hours away in Va beach-certainly a far cry from cupsogue) I miss the smell of the salt air that sometimes I could smell in my Manorville back yard. He misses fishing on the Rosie boat out of Center Moriches.
By no means though is Va horrible. Even being 20 minutes from Richmond there is alot of open space. We live in a large planned community and have cows just up the road plus every store and eatery 5 minutes away but not in our back yard.
We don't miss the taxes,traffic on the LIE. Moving here we tripled our home space for the same amount of money(still miss our little ranch with a basement though). The biggest thing my husband doesn't miss is the LIRR and the 2 1/2 hour commute 1 way! Now he is 10 minutes.
Unfortunately, now another relocation. Wachovia has bought AG Edwards and part of the deal is that the corp headquarters must move to St Louis.I guess were very lucky that my husband was offered a job. There are no jobs at his salary here-even though he mentions calling old colleagues in NYC there is no way he can do that commute that he did for 25 years.
Have plenty of old (print) LI pictures sitting in photo boxes not ready for uploading.
Now another move or should I say an adventure but can't even have a reasonable drive to the ocean in St Louis!
DKVA
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Dont tell everyone about Cupsogue.

Let them go the Smiths Point.

: )

C

Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 43,321 times
Default KPPC Fire Dept Pictures.

Here are a few Old Kings Park Fire Department KPFD photographs we were able to locate all taken in the Kings Park Psychiatric Center (KPPC), which is now closed.

Many more pictures can be found at http://www.kingsparkmuseum.com - Kings Park Museum Of History or on our forum at http://www.kingsparkmuseum.us, all are free! Be part of our Shared History!

all the best
Steve Weber
Media Director - Kings Park Heritage Museum

info@kingsparkmuseum.com

Pretty sure that building A is in the back.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:34 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,320,316 times
Default The Pine Barrens!

That is without a doubt my favorite place. The ponds of Brookhaven State Park!

I cant forget the dwarf pines in Westhampton either.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island