Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:49 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,575,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
It doesn't surprise me. The only time you really see any horse farms at all is in the outer rim of the city/county. You hardly ever see any horse references at all in the city proper itself. So to be the "horse capital", you sure wouldn't know it.
Oh my gosh, you did not just say that. KerryB, you are the most clueless person on city data. No horse references in the city proper, hmmm alrighty then. You live in a bubble perhaps. I'm just wondering if you've ever been to Lexington, I seriously doubt it judging by that crazy post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 10:09 AM

508 posts, read 1,513,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Yes the horse farm region is protected and cherished, but in my mind that doesn't negate the complete destruction of the natural environment in many parts of the state.

Look at the successful mountain regions in the world - like the Scottish Highlands. There are no interstates or 4 lane roads there. There are no surface mines. There are no large cities. And yet it is a place of little poverty and a vibrant economy per lots of tourism revenue - in fact one of Europe's most visited natural places.

I wish the mainly Scottish Americans in E KY would have followed the example of their cousins in Scotland
Horse farms protected from interstate traffic crossing through - yes

Horse farm region protected, how so? The surrounding area is not being developed?

Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,490,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Oh my gosh, you did not just say that. KerryB, you are the most clueless person on city data. No horse references in the city proper, hmmm alrighty then. You live in a bubble perhaps. I'm just wondering if you've ever been to Lexington, I seriously doubt it judging by that crazy post.
Care to explain? Oh, what am I thinking. Of course not, cause thats not what you do, is it.

Keep up the worthless posts though. I'm sure your "input" is highly regarded.

Seriously, stop replying to my posts if you can't manage to muster together anything better than your 4 year old-like generic thought processes, name calling & sputtered sentence fragments. You're only embarrassing yourself, but must be too slow to even realize that.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Care to explain? Oh, what am I thinking. Of course not, cause thats not what you do, is it.

Keep up the worthless posts though. I'm sure your "input" is highly regarded.

Seriously, stop replying to my posts if you can't manage to muster together anything better than your 4 year old-like generic thought processes, name calling & sputtered sentence fragments. You're only embarrassing yourself, but must be too slow to even realize that.
Dude, if anyone is acting like a 4 year old, it's you with all your crying and whining and complaining and on and on. Can you have a pleasant conversation, just curious?

Old 10-15-2010, 03:59 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,903,307 times
Oh yeah...the equestrian games. How did that go? There was exactly ONE story about it over here in the Jackson Purchase. How big was it in the rest of the state, media and public wise?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM

298 posts, read 596,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
If it weren't for the electronic count down sign on New Circle, I'm sure most of this city wouldn't even know the games came & went. According to the local paper, nobody is looking into the economic impact of the games. This is all very sad, since I'm sure we will be paying for those new sidewalks & traffic lights downtown (which replaced perfectly good ones) for the next 100 years. Time to vote in some change next month!
I don't have anything to do with Lexton (and really don't care)but, since the last Presidential election, I think I've seen all the change I can stand. I think I would be very cautious of change...could be change you wouldn't like.

No...I didn't vote for him.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:13 AM

844 posts, read 2,102,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
I think I've seen all the change I can stand.
Very funny. There is good change & bad change. Anyone who rubber stamps Obama's spending is not fit to lead this state. "change it back"

Old 10-16-2010, 12:33 PM

871 posts, read 2,249,534 times
good god, reading this is aggrivating on multiple levels. hell yes eastern kentucky has got some terrible problems but the way some of you talk about it is not really from a position of sympathy, but just degrading. i hear all this talk about eastern kentuckians "not taking criticism" but seriously, when the "criticism" is always laced with hillbilly/trailer park stereotypes how the hell can you blame them?

as far as east TN, the big difference is terrain. all of eastern KY is rugged, where as east TN has valleys. people can actually grow crops in east TN. thats what made Knoxville possible to grow. Having that city along with the smokies as a tourist destination and the agricultural aspect just creates for an entirely different economy. coal mining is the only (legal) way to make a living in eastern kentucky. the coal miners dont choose to blow up the mountains, thats up to the coal companies. they support it because the coal companies are all many of them have.

heres a visual

Old 10-16-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
good god, reading this is aggrivating on multiple levels. hell yes eastern kentucky has got some terrible problems but the way some of you talk about it is not really from a position of sympathy, but just degrading. i hear all this talk about eastern kentuckians "not taking criticism" but seriously, when the "criticism" is always laced with hillbilly/trailer park stereotypes how the hell can you blame them?

as far as east TN, the big difference is terrain. all of eastern KY is rugged, where as east TN has valleys. people can actually grow crops in east TN. thats what made Knoxville possible to grow. Having that city along with the smokies as a tourist destination and the agricultural aspect just creates for an entirely different economy. coal mining is the only (legal) way to make a living in eastern kentucky. the coal miners dont choose to blow up the mountains, thats up to the coal companies. they support it because the coal companies are all many of them have.

heres a visual
Excellent post!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky