Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 07:40 AM

1,068 posts, read 917,737 times

Advertisements

I'm hearing the number is now up to 17 with Didech out of Buffalo Grove. I hope it's a landslide vote for someone else as speaker. Then I hope he gets charged with crimes connected to ComEd bribery. Then I hope he resigns and gets found guilty.

Last edited by dtcbnd03; 11-20-2020 at 07:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 07:53 AM

720 posts, read 1,085,517 times
They're only doing this because it's suddenly politically expedient for them. He's been doing these shenanigans for years and they could have turned their backs on him at any time, but chose not to. I'm sure JB and the Pritzker empire has greatly benefitted from Madigan's property tax chicanery.

Old 11-20-2020, 11:25 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Hallelujah!!! We might be free.
Wow common ground. Madigan is straight up crooked and has been for decades. It's better late than never. No corruption should be tolerated on either side of the isle.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:31 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,190,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
They're only doing this because it's suddenly politically expedient for them. He's been doing these shenanigans for years and they could have turned their backs on him at any time, but chose not to. I'm sure JB and the Pritzker empire has greatly benefitted from Madigan's property tax chicanery.
Change the names/parties and the same could be said for many others. Politicians on both sides are crooked by nature (some more than others), that’s what you fail to understand. I like how you keep attempting to twist this news but there is only one way to view it - as terrific news for the state of Illinois.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Change the names/parties and the same could be said for many others. Politicians on both sides are crooked by nature (some more than others), that’s what you fail to understand. I like how you keep attempting to twist this news but there is only one way to view it - as terrific news for the state of Illinois.
I do understand completely, I'm talking about the matter at hand, I'm not going to go through the litany of crooked politicians in the country. I just find it awfully convenient. He is horrible and I'll glad to be rid of him if he goes, but I'm not holding my breath for a terribly better replacement, especially if that person is supported by the merry band of bozos, Pritzker, Durbin and Duckworth.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:04 AM

1,068 posts, read 917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
I'm hearing the number is now up to 17 with Didech out of Buffalo Grove. I hope it's a landslide vote for someone else as speaker. Then I hope he gets charged with crimes connected to ComEd bribery. Then I hope he resigns and gets found guilty.
The number is now 18...let's keep it rolling!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/polit...q2e-story.html

Old 11-21-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I do understand completely, I'm talking about the matter at hand, I'm not going to go through the litany of crooked politicians in the country. I just find it awfully convenient. He is horrible and I'll glad to be rid of him if he goes, but I'm not holding my breath for a terribly better replacement, especially if that person is supported by the merry band of bozos, Pritzker, Durbin and Duckworth.
Literally ANYONE would be better than Madigan, well except perhaps Donald Trump

Old 11-21-2020, 01:41 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,847 times
Quote:
Or Joe Biden.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, couldn't resist throwing the ol' Trumpster under the bus, could ya?

Old 11-22-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Yeah, couldn't resist throwing the ol' Trumpster under the bus, could ya?
Considering Madigan and Trump are my two most hated politicians, nope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois