Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM

12,831 posts, read 9,029,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
Yes! I ordered one at a brunch place and that's what it was, a french toast sandwich, not a true Monte Cristo. I remember the real deal and they were to die for. Jam on the side.
Also difficult to find: Patty Melt, Reuben sandwich, Chef Salad.
We do have a few diners here so sometimes can find some of the more elusive things. I will have to look up that San Diego one as it is one I have not been to out here.
I have to make Patty Melt's at home. None on any menus around here since COVID. Reuben, one of my most favorite sandwiches. There are still a few places that serve one, but they're really a pale imitation of a good one. A couple places just put the sauerkraut cold right from the package and call it done. When I make them at home, I even make my own Russian dressing instead of using Thousand Island. Make Russian dressing with sour cream instead of mayonnaise and the whole flavor profile just seems right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Yeah, haven't had a Steak Diane for ages. This was what I ordered, when I had my first pay check.
Chicken Cordon Bleu and Chicken Pot Pie are so convenient frozen in boxes. And my fridge is always stock up with a box or two whenever there is a sale at the supermarket. No, I won't order either one of these in a restaurant.

Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie
https://www.mariecallendersmeals.com...cken-pot-pie-0
Barber Foods Cordon Bleu Raw Stuffed Chicken Breast
https://us.amazon.com/Barber-Foods-C.../dp/B00B04KCPS
We used to keep those stocked in the fridge too, but lately the quality just isn't there. The pies have more liquid than meat and vegetables now days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Club sandwiches seem to be harder to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink