Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 08:03 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
I just reading on Kraft foods website for dessert. There is a cake called Angel Lush, looks good and very easy to make.
I made that and it was a big hit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,451,543 times
Too late for Easter this year, but you can add this to your ideas for next Spring.

My Mother used to bake two 8" round layer cakes, and lay them out on a large flat cookie sheet to decorate as the Easter Bunny. One layer was his head/face. The other round cake was cut into three pieces -- a large ) shape on the left, a second large ( shape on the right, and the piece of cake left in the middle of the circle became the bunny's bow tie. (I think if you draw this as a circle, you can see what I am trying to describe for you.)

She then iced the cake with white frosting and coconut, and decorated him with jelly beans, licorice twists for whiskers, and whatever else you might like to add. You can also color the coconut if you choose. She would make green grass around him and place decorated boiled eggs in the grass.

If you baked 4 layers, you could double the size of the cake, obviously, and serve a crowd.

Next year, I want to play around with making little birds' nests -- maybe with a cereal like Fiber One? Dip the twigs in chocolate, fashion little nests, and use those 'robin egg' chocolates and a bit of coconut to fill them.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:30 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,123,151 times
cantaloupe slices wrapped in prosciutto...absolutely awesome. You'll be a hit

Old 03-20-2009, 06:32 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,904,022 times
Default What's for Easter dinner?

Or lunch or supper, or whatever you call it.

I'm not sure what to serve yet. Our family doesn't like pork or lamb, and we had ham for Christmas and turkey for Thanksgiving. I need some ideas. We'll be a small gathering of only 7-8.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:58 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
We haven't had a Ham in a very long time so I am making a Ham.

You could try a pan of Lasagna with a salad and garlic bread.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,403 times
I think I am making a Turkey Breast. I bought one on sale a few weeks ago.
Everyone that would be coming loves turkey.
I'll probably end up making homemade sausage stuffing too, otherwise my sons would be so disappointed.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
How about a couple of roast chickens, or if you want to be really fancy, a standing rib roast?

My mom loves to make chicken teriyaki for parties. She marinates chicken breast pieces in the fridge overnight, and then puts them on metal skewers and sends them outside with my Dad so he can cook them on the weber bbq.

She gets some rice going and a green vegetable while I make the salad and dressing. Then we pour ourselves some wine and socialize while the men tend the chicken. Works for us.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,904,022 times
LOL, our family doesn't like pasta either, so lasagna is out. We are some fussy eaters! I was actually considering roasting a couple of chickens though, that's our favorite dinner. I already roast a chicken once a month or so, but it's something we never get tired of. I make the mashed potatoes and gravy from scratch. Although, I've always wanted to try a standing rib roast. I'm just afraid I will ruin it somehow.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:39 PM

602 posts, read 2,034,647 times
Usually we do Ham in my family. But one year we were in Florida for Easter and we had Ribs for Easter, now that was good!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:08 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,484,036 times
Here's one of the meals that I really love for Easter:

Smoked chicken (just plain smoked, no bbq sauce)
Smoked ham
Homemade bbq sauce on the side (bottle sauce with additives )
Mustard potatoe salad
Corn (skillet, casserole, cob????, preferably skillet corn if you can find the corn on the cob and can find someone to scrape all that darn corn from the cob)
Green bean casserole (some will without it)
Marinated cucumber, red onion, tomatoe salad
Garlic bread
Relish tray with: cheese stuffed jalapenos, deviled eggs, black and green olives, Aunt Nellie's marinated beets, sweet pickles, bread-n-butter pickles, pepperoncini peppers, etc. (I could spend a fortune on a relish tray! I love all that stuff.)
Chocolate pies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink