Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2020, 03:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
Numbers keep going up because we keep ignoring guidelines and denying there is even a pandemic. Getting a bunch of grown adults to wear a mask and distance is damn near impossible, and the White House and govenor have undercur every effort to mitigate spread.

Did they not see this happening when they reopened with daily cases in the thousands, then opened schools on top of that???

I really gave no idea how anybody is shocked by this.
Wonder if any adults go without masks to catch it, visit their old parents to transmit it and ... get an inheritance a bit later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 06:39 PM

786 posts, read 625,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Wonder if any adults go without masks to catch it, visit their old parents to transmit it and ... get an inheritance a bit later.

I certainly hope not.

From what I've encountered there biggest offenders are political trolls who equate wearing a mask to burning the Constitution that's wrapped in the American Flag. I can barely stomach going out an having to listen to these Adult Size Toddlers throwing tantrums when they are told to distance or wear a mask.

The problem lies with our leaders dismissing the whole situation.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:16 PM

731 posts, read 766,934 times
"The problem lies with our leaders dismissing the whole situation."

The problem is people not doing what is recommended, not any leader. The Pope or JC could say wear a mask and there would always be people who won't do it. Just look at how many people are traveling for Thanksgiving.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
"The problem lies with our leaders dismissing the whole situation."

The problem is people not doing what is recommended, not any leader. The Pope or JC could say wear a mask and there would always be people who won't do it. Just look at how many people are traveling for Thanksgiving.

When you have leaders such as Trump and DeSantis downplaying, devaluing the severity of the virus, and ignoring the medical community from day one, you create a problem for public safety. You create a sector of irresponsible minions who wage war on common sense and those who are trying to proactively take precautions.

Would there be people ignoring the rules? Sure, but not in this high volume, and the numbers prove that.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:38 PM

731 posts, read 766,934 times
Quote:
When you have leaders such as Trump and DeSantis downplaying, devaluing the severity of the virus, and ignoring the medical community from day one, you create a problem for public safety. You create a sector of irresponsible minions who wage war on common sense and those who are trying to proactively take precautions.

Would there be people ignoring the rules? Sure, but not in this high volume, and the numbers prove that.
Sorry, disagree with you. I know MANY people that when it comes to their family and kids are traveling Thanksgiving. Seeing their family is more important to them then getting Covid. They seem to bend the rules and justify it because it's their family. Has nothing to do with any politician and nor political affiliation.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Sorry, disagree with you. I know MANY people that when it comes to their family and kids are traveling Thanksgiving. Seeing their family is more important to them then getting Covid. They seem to bend the rules and justify it because it's their family. Has nothing to do with any politician and nor political affiliation.

Sorry, disagree with you. Those people traveling Thanksgiving have been bombarded with the "it's nothing worse than the flu," "it only has a 1% chance of killing," "it's nothing but a political hoax" arguments and have bought into it.otherwise they wouldn't be visiting family (most cases grandparents and high risk populations). These people are easily manipulated, and buy into the whatever argument that feeds their bias and convenience.

The fact that there is a clear sign that a vaccine that will get life back to normal in the coming months and all we have to do is be responsible until they can finalize and distribute, but that is too much to ask for is a completely idiotic scnerio. This selfish mindset has ruined and ended lives, as well as the economy, and it was manufactured and promoted... it didn't just come out of nowhere.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:13 PM

17,604 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:

Your post is pure partisan political pap. The COVID infection, ICU and death rates have been going up EVERYWHERE, not just in places with leaders "downplaying the severity of the virus."

The numbers prove the exact opposite of what you're claiming.

I'm so tired of left wing political hacks, their grandstanding and their moralizing. You do not care about people more than me because I don't think shutting down society over a virus with a mortality rate of less than 0.5% is worth the cost.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Sorry, disagree with you. Those people traveling Thanksgiving have been bombarded with the "it's nothing worse than the flu," "it only has a 1% chance of killing," "it's nothing but a political hoax" arguments and have bought into it.otherwise they wouldn't be visiting family (most cases grandparents and high risk populations). These people are easily manipulated, and buy into the whatever argument that feeds their bias and convenience.

The fact that there is a clear sign that a vaccine that will get life back to normal in the coming months and all we have to do is be responsible until they can finalize and distribute, but that is too much to ask for is a completely idiotic scnerio. This selfish mindset has ruined and ended lives, as well as the economy, and it was manufactured and promoted... it didn't just come out of nowhere.
The irony of you accusing others of being easily manipulated and "selfish" is really, really rich.

Turn off CNN for a day or two. Good grief.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:15 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
I’m currently staying in the Sandpearl in Tampa. Mask wearing is apparently an option here The staff at the hotel are wearing masks however some guests are not.
Cant wait to get back to North Carolina.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I certainly hope not.

From what I've encountered there biggest offenders are political trolls who equate wearing a mask to burning the Constitution that's wrapped in the American Flag. I can barely stomach going out an having to listen to these Adult Size Toddlers throwing tantrums when they are told to distance or wear a mask.

The problem lies with our leaders dismissing the whole situation.
Well, if you're right the virus should go away after that drooling buffoon Joe Biden takes office. We'll see. Care to bet on whether the virus is still around after Biden is installed as pResident?

The ONLY way it "goes away" in any significant way (and it will NEVER go away completely, it is a virus) will be thanks to President Trump and Operation Warp Speed. The optics of what he said or didn't say have virtually nothing to do with the spread of the virus. That was and is all political rhetoric that seems to have worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida