Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2020, 12:01 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,403,354 times

Advertisements

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-ne-florida-governor-ron-desantis-fox-friends-20200723-6bbn55376bgr3c576tzxcae7jy-story.html]

DeSantis says FL teachers are “itching” to get back to the classroom. Riiight. According to the latest survey in our county, 26% of teachers want to teach F2F. So sick of the spin, er, lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 07:47 AM

10 posts, read 22,060 times
It is not going away. Mask, no mask, stay at home, go out. It will be there. I have read that the estimate is 60-70% of the population will get it. Of course, we know how models and estimates have gone.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:36 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robscar View Post
It is not going away. Mask, no mask, stay at home, go out. It will be there. I have read that the estimate is 60-70% of the population will get it. Of course, we know how models and estimates have gone.
Nope. Look at the Northeast. Masks and some distancing have controlled it. The poorest urban areas saw 20% infection rates in antibody testing. Everywhere else is low single digits. If you follow the well known protocol to keep it out of the nursing homes by testing the staff weekly and requiring PPE, you keep the body count down. This isn’t hard. Wear a mask indoors and when you can’t maintain 6’ of separation outdoors. Wash your stinking hands. The transmission rate drops below 1.0 and it’s contained. I can’t believe this is even a subject for debate at this point.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:42 AM

764 posts, read 391,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-ne-florida-governor-ron-desantis-fox-friends-20200723-6bbn55376bgr3c576tzxcae7jy-story.html]

DeSantis says FL teachers are “itching” to get back to the classroom. Riiight. According to the latest survey in our county, 26% of teachers want to teach F2F. So sick of the spin, er, lies.
Funny, The teachers I know, want to get back in the classroom!! And they should!!!

Old 07-26-2020, 10:19 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Funny, The teachers I know, want to get back in the classroom!! And they should!!!
Did you ever realize that your friends, your posts on social media, etc. are all tailored to your likes? It's just the way life is. We gravitate toward people with similar views. Social media has millions of lines of code that determine what you like and sends you posts that match your views and thoughts.

Heck, if I click on an amazon link here at City-Data to a porta potty or bidet, when I play Words With Friends, I see advertisements for potties and toilets on my game!

Old 07-27-2020, 11:05 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
They very well may want to get back. My guess is schools are going to reopen, cases are going to go up, and they're going to re-close again.
Children being hospitalized went up 23% in 8 days in FL.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/healt...ons/index.html

Old 07-27-2020, 01:05 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
This is what FL is dealing with right now.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN24S27J

Old 07-28-2020, 12:09 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,945,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Nope. Look at the Northeast. Masks and some distancing have controlled it. The poorest urban areas saw 20% infection rates in antibody testing. Everywhere else is low single digits. If you follow the well known protocol to keep it out of the nursing homes by testing the staff weekly and requiring PPE, you keep the body count down. This isn’t hard. Wear a mask indoors and when you can’t maintain 6’ of separation outdoors. Wash your stinking hands. The transmission rate drops below 1.0 and it’s contained. I can’t believe this is even a subject for debate at this point.
In NH no one wears masks and there are almost no active cases. Masks don't do squat to stop the fake pandemic.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:36 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
In NH no one wears masks and there are almost no active cases. Masks don't do squat to stop the fake pandemic.
You don’t know what you’re talking about. When NH lifted the stay at home order, all employees and customers in businesses had to wear masks. Same for barbers and salons. The order has since been relaxed to “should” but most stores require masks. New Hampshire has no cities. Everyone owns a car. It’s pretty easy to keep the transmission rate below 1.0 with masks and some distancing.

The college towns are in the process of putting in mask ordinances. You won’t be able to walk around Dartmouth College or UNH without a mask. The public schools have assigned seating and separation as part of their opening plan. It’s a state where people are expected to take on personal responsibility.

“Fake pandemic” is laughable.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:31 PM

496 posts, read 445,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robscar View Post
It is going to go away at some point. The talk that it will be here forever, at the intensity it is now, is just media sensationalism. Either there will be a vaccine that prevents people from getting it, or most people get it and recover and become immune to it. (Which is looking more likely given increasing research on T-cells and the fact that people had memory cells to SARS years later, which this is very similar to). How many people have to get it for it to run its course is unknown, it could be lower or higher than predicted.

But at some point it is going to run its course, just like every other pandemic in history has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida