Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM

22,575 posts, read 47,641,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free View Post
Well, I'll just say this... when you get to be 50 (assuming you've acquired some class by then), you'll probably be embarrassed if you dressed that way when you were younger and hope that your daughters never do.

Another thing you'll probably realize when you're 50 is that the guys who love to leer at you in your short shorts are usually the ones who can't get decent women, and even they wouldn't want to bring one in short shorts home to meet their Mama. In my experience, anyway.
Sooooo, 49 is okay, but 50 is not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Think it should read, At what shape should a woman stop wearing short shorts and not so much age.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Think it should read, At what shape should a woman stop wearing short shorts and not so much age.
Perfect....... I've seen plenty 40+ and even 50+ who look awesome. I've seen some 14 year olds who should be locked in their room by their dad.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sooooo, 49 is okay, but 50 is not?
54 is still A-OK!!!

Susanna Hoffs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetLover View Post
I'm in my late 20's and I still wear short shorts as in daisy dukes, but I have the body for it. Is it ok that I still dress like that. When should women stop wearing things like this.
There is no age limit on short shorts. There is however, a weight limit and /or a particular sexy look limit.

Ive checked the Daisy Dukes laws and it reads as follows:

20 year old 5' 4" tall, 125 pounds - Approved for Daisy Dukes
55 year old 5' 4" tall, 125 pounds - NOT approved for Daisy Dukes
28 year old 5' 2" tall, 120 pounds, Approved for Daisy Dukes
28 year old 5' 2" tall, 165 pounds, NOT approved
30 year old 5' 6" tall, 140 pounds, Approved if no cellulite
30 year old 5' 6" tall, 140 pounds, NOT approved if flabby, saggy and cellulite is present
Any age between 18-40, any height from 5' to 6', Approved if athletic and/or normal healthy weight, with no cellulite, but must be toned/fit from constant exercise.
Overweight, or obese - NOT approved
Usually, if you are a woman who is heavier than 165 pounds, you are NOT approved to wear daisy dukes. Exceptions are made for 5' 11" plus athletic beach vollyball women like Gabriele Reece or any of these 160 plus pounder Olympic Volleyball players:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEA8yWrl-Rs

Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
There is no age limit on short shorts. There is however, a weight limit and /or a particular sexy look limit.

Ive checked the Daisy Dukes laws and it reads as follows:

20 year old 5' 4" tall, 125 pounds - Approved for Daisy Dukes
55 year old 5' 4" tall, 125 pounds - NOT approved for Daisy Dukes
28 year old 5' 2" tall, 120 pounds, Approved for Daisy Dukes
28 year old 5' 2" tall, 165 pounds, NOT approved
30 year old 5' 6" tall, 140 pounds, Approved if no cellulite
30 year old 5' 6" tall, 140 pounds, NOT approved if flabby, saggy and cellulite is present
Any age between 18-40, any height from 5' to 6', Approved if athletic and/or normal healthy weight, with no cellulite, but must be toned/fit from constant exercise.
Overweight, or obese - NOT approved
Usually, if you are a woman who is heavier than 165 pounds, you are NOT approved to wear daisy dukes. Exceptions are made for 5' 11" plus athletic beach vollyball women like Gabriele Reece or any of these 160 plus pounder Olympic Volleyball players:

19 Sexy Women At Olympic Beach Volleyball London 2012 - YouTube
This is much simpler. If you can wear a swimsuit and not keep a towel covering your lower trunk because of embarassment, you're good.....

Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
And I think they look terrible.

The OP is asking about public perception as it relates to daisy dukes and a woman's age or stage in life. My answer is that everyone, regardless of age or body type, should ditch the short shorts. It's just my opinion. You, in your infinite fashion wisdom, seem quite enamored by the look. Well, it takes all kinds buddy. I won't try and convince you to change your mind.

I will give a piece of advice to any woman buying a pair though - try them on and walk toward a mirror in them. Keep your eye on your crotch area and take that into consideration before purchase. Front wedgie may be ultra becoming to Cocker_Spaniel_Lover, but I'll leave it to you to decide if that's really the look you're going for..
Yes it is.....I'm a man, so what....

Most men (straight ones at least) don't mind.......

Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 AM

4,936 posts, read 3,312,269 times
Us oldies can always wear our shorts in the garden/at home and close your eyes best not to go blind ......
I know of 80 year olds who still wear shorts

Old 02-27-2013, 08:38 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
Not sure if people on here have a different definition of short shorts - referring to camel toe, wedgie, "slutty"

I wear shorts - the cuffed kind, which tend to look a bit dressy, often with button down shirts. They are never tight, but they are not long (they aren't bermudas). I also have some denim shorts, but they aren't super short.

I'm 42, I have four kids. I work out a lot, so my legs are very toned, no cellulite, no veins. BUT, if a woman does have some veins or cellulite, that shouldn't stop her from wearing what she wants.
^^^This. Mom mom will be 53 this year and she wears shorts but they are usually bermuda shorts or cuffed shorts like Angelcake said. usually paired with a button down shirt.
I'm 27 and I wear shorts similar to her. The only time I wear short shorts is at the beach/pool or in my bikram yoga class (its over 100 degrees in there, everyone is half naked).

Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,703,557 times
I'm 51 and work out a lot and my legs are thin. But I have spider veins and am getting "old lady skin" so my shorts keep getting longer and longer. I still have a couple of pair of shorts with a 3-inch inseam but I never wear them any farther than the back yard. To go anywhere at all my shorts are knee-length. I do see women my age at the gym though who still have great looking legs. So.....as always, you should wear clothes that you're comfortable in and that make you feel good.

ETA: When I go back and read "I'm 51" I always think "How did that happen???"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty