Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,164,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
These are the newest trend. I see the hipster ladies wearing this type locally a few times a day. Since it isn't that warm here, they add tights (and sometimes thigh high socks too).

The more sophisticated ladies have standard tights, sometimes patterned or colorful.

The ones pairing this look with doc martens use tights with lots of runs in them. Or holey leggings that look worn.

Like this:
That just looks weird. It makes them look a little skanky, in my opinion. I'm a firm believe in having fun with fashion, but maintaining a certain level of dignity with what you wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 03:02 PM

17,612 posts, read 16,775,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I was thinking of wearing these out on a date.

http://i.americanapparel.net/storefr...nt50_poppy.jpg

Appropriate? Maybe in a different color?
I don't know...that whole look kind of screams "Hooters girl uniform" to me for some reason.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't know...that whole look kind of screams "Hooters girl uniform" to me for some reason.
I agree. Also, what kind of date would it be? Something on the more active/athletic side? If so, then these shorts might not be so bad. But I'm having a hard time seeing these as 'date wear' otherwise.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM

17,612 posts, read 16,775,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree. Also, what kind of date would it be? Something on the more active/athletic side? If so, then these shorts might not be so bad. But I'm having a hard time seeing these as 'date wear' otherwise.
Good points. I agree.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,008,285 times
Quote:
That just looks weird. It makes them look a little skanky, in my opinion. I'm a firm believe in having fun with fashion, but maintaining a certain level of dignity with what you wear.
I agree. I've always been on the conservative side with clothing. There is a line in the sand somewhere. And I think just based on logistics, this is a crappy look.

I want to go buy these ladies some new tights at the very least.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Quote:
It is also the kind of look that only works on certain body types. You need to have sort of a flatter butt to make it work. Let's pretend you had a butt like Kim Kardashian, Beyonce or even Jessica Biel? Well you would just attract way too much unwanted attention. Body type plays a lot into how particular outfits are perceived as well.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I agree. I've always been on the conservative side with clothing. There is a line in the sand somewhere. And I think just based on logistics, this is a crappy look.

I want to go buy these ladies some new tights at the very least.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with being conservative. Even women who like to show cleavage do it in a way where it can be classy (not going skanky with their outfits). Heck, I like to wear midriff tops but I always pair them with jeans or pants so that I'm not showing too much skin. I think that's a fine middle ground.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Hey, there's nothing wrong with being conservative. Even women who like to show cleavage do it in a way where it can be classy (not going skanky with their outfits). Heck, I like to wear midriff tops but I always pair them with jeans or pants so that I'm not showing too much skin. I think that's a fine middle ground.
I think there is definitely a line for shorts and skirts somewhere around where you are worried about flashing everyone when you tie your shoe or pick up something off the ground, need to worry about getting a bikini wax before wearing the garment or wearing garments that cause wedgies. Usually somewhere around there is pretty inappropriate.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I think there is definitely a line for shorts and skirts somewhere around where you are worried about flashing everyone when you tie your shoe or pick up something off the ground, need to worry about getting a bikini wax before wearing the garment or wearing garments that cause wedgies. Usually somewhere around there is pretty inappropriate.
I agree. I'd be horrified if I flashed anyone in such a way!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM

14,895 posts, read 8,226,003 times
I quit wearing them at about ten I believe it was, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty