Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 03:45 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,336,582 times

Advertisements

If they halved the daily parking rate then used that in any ads that would help measurably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 06:30 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,264,145 times
Orlando.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:58 PM

611 posts, read 920,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
If they halved the daily parking rate then used that in any ads that would help measurably.
Completely agree. The parking is WAY too expensive.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 AM

83 posts, read 184,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
As much campaigning as the airport is doing, I am surprised to see that passenger and landing numbers are down compared to last year.

April numbers, waiting for May numbers:

http://columbiaairport.com/UserFiles...ats%202014.pdf

And one question, if you could add flights to the airport which would you add(be realistic)?

I would add Boston, Miami, and Austin.
Of these, the only one I see as plausible is Miami, especially once the AA-US Airways merger is completed.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 PM

6 posts, read 15,035 times
I pretty much stopped using CAE this year and as a matter of fact, any other connecting airport because I have seen so frequent delays and cancellations especially by Delta. I had to travel to an international destination from Atlanta. Up to this year, I would get a connecting flight from CAE, CLT, or GSP to get to Atlanta. But last year was horrible. My first connecting flight to ATL got canceled and they moved me to a afternoon flight. But we got to CAE, and that flight to ATL got delayed because the plane that was supposed to return from ATL to CAE so it can take us to ATL was delayed. Thus, we were going to miss our international flight in ATL. I was ticked and just told Delta to refund my money for the connecting flight and would drive myself to ATL. I also was watching the flight statuses on Delta's site for the months before this year's trip to see how Delta faired in terms to delays/cancellations on the route from CAE-ATL and there were plenty of them!
Also, the fares this year to all 3 connecting airports have jumped and actually the fare just from ATL to my destination was cheaper. So I decided on just driving again to ATL this year and may do so in the coming years.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,426 times
^ Two years ago, we went to Cancun with another couple. We drove to ATL for ours, they took a connector to CAE. Beat them there and back. And the park and ride in ATL was way cheaper than the fare for the connector.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:11 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,250 times
For what it's worth, I'm flying out of my local airport here in Columbia and connecting to D.C., Philly, then onto my final destination: Athens, Greece. I support my local airport and on top of that, I really like flying and numerous stops along the way is all too pleasurable for me.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:00 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,336,582 times
Quote:
I really like flying and numerous stops along the way is all too pleasurable for me
Umm...you do realize that is not exactly a popular sentiment, right? Anyway I had the a common snafu recently with CAE. If work is paying for the trip I'll use it but anyway my flight was cancelled to Chicago and the CLT one at the same time wasn't so had to change the flight and drive to CLT b/c the next CAE flight was literally 8 hours later. This has happened now to me three times and I'm not a super frequent traveler.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:30 AM

377 posts, read 709,561 times
I benefited from one of those rare anomalies where flying out of Columbia on a business trip next month actually turned out to be cheaper than flying out of Charlotte, and not by a few dollars. And it's nonstop, too. So believe in miracles, folks.

Granted, the flights are at awkward times and had I moved my flights a day in either direction I'd now be minus a kidney and my firstborn, but sometimes you can luck out with CAE.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:05 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
Umm...you do realize that is not exactly a popular sentiment, right? Anyway I had the a common snafu recently with CAE. If work is paying for the trip I'll use it but anyway my flight was cancelled to Chicago and the CLT one at the same time wasn't so had to change the flight and drive to CLT b/c the next CAE flight was literally 8 hours later. This has happened now to me three times and I'm not a super frequent traveler.
I realize that. But then again, I don't fly often and I have never had a flight cancelled on me. So for now, my opinion on the matter stands. If my flights are somehow cancelled, then I'll be sure to vent on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area