Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2024, 11:26 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,737,906 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

I'm a solo caregiver to my 65-year old wheelchair bound mom. Looking to hire a female in the Columbia area for backup support to myself so we can both start to have some 'me time'.

Would involve mostly transporting my mom around town for errands/fun, light support with ADLs, and sometimes just providing 'sitter services' while I get out. Required: Responsible, clean driving record, positive, trustworthy and safe. Also, strength is important as she uses a lightweight (33 lb) power wheelchair. I have no issues taking her around town in it but it's important to consider as outings with multiple stops means taking her and the chair in/out of the vehicle multiple times. Healthcare background is preferred but not mandatory as I'll provide training.

Will likely start off with ~2 Saturdays a month. May expand to occasional overnight Saturday shifts. $12-$22 hr based on experience. Great opportunity for someone with flexible weekends who enjoys being around people and helping others.

Have tried Care.com and local agencies but I'm 'casting a wide net' as I'm finding having more than one backup is likely going to be best. FYI, we are located in the NE Columbia area. Hopefully I can post about this, but the mods can move or delete if inappropriate (in which case I do apologize).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
View detailed profiles of: